Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm curious to learn more who people are voting for  this next go around? I love Obama, and will probably go around this next time with him again. I'm a active LDS Memeber of the church, and for some reason, Romney doesn't sit too well with me. Most likely because he doesn't always tell the truth, from what i read in the news.

I don't care that Obama is for abortion, but at the same time, everyone is entitled to there freedom. I am hoping for more comments, as I want to get more educated on these two wonderful canidates:)

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:35 AM
Replies (41-50):
meriana
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:37 PM
2 moms liked this

Obama. From what I've read on his web-site and heard from his mouth, I believe Romney really only counts a very small portion of the population as worthy of his time and efforts, therefore if elected, everything he would do would be slanted towards that small group. I also have a strong feeling that if he is somehow elected, we'll shortly find ourselves at war in Iran, if not the entire ME.  What was it he said?  If one is not wealthy, it's because they didn't work hard enough or something to that effect. We don't need a President who counts/determines the worth, value and contributions of our citizens by the amount of money they have in the bank.

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:49 PM
2 moms liked this

I am voting for Jill Stein

asfriend
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Then you are grossly misinformed, the only thing Obama and Romney have in common is that they are male, nothing else.

Quoting Godgaveme4:

And that is your opinion.

I will not vote for the lesser of 2 evils.  And actualy I find both obama and romney to be way to similar for my liking.

So i will vote for someone who stands for what I believe in.  I will send the message with my vote that i will not cave and settle.

Of course a 3rd party would have a chance it more people would not vote for the lesser of 2 evils.

Quoting asfriend:

third party has no (zero chance.)

The only message is that you don't want to be involved in politics.

Quoting Godgaveme4:

No vote is wasted.  If enough people are fed up with the main candidates from the 2 parties then they will vote 3rd party and perhaps they will take the election...at least that is how i hope it goes.

No vote is wasted.  All votes send a message.

Quoting asfriend:

Any vote not for Romney or Obama is of course a wasted vote....Romney! of Course!

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Peanutx3:

Sigh another post for posters to tell me how my vote will be wasted.  I am going to choose not to answer this time.

No vote is wasted, in my opinion. :)

I know, without a doubt, who I will not be voting for...........Romney.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
asfriend
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:54 PM
If frogs had wings they wouldn't bump their asses so often, but alas.........

Quoting asfriend:

Then you are grossly misinformed, the only thing Obama and Romney have in common is that they are male, nothing else.

Quoting Godgaveme4:

I will not vote for the lesser of 2 evils.  And actualy I find both obama and romney to be way to similar for my liking.

So i will vote for someone who stands for what I believe in.  I will send the message with my vote that i will not cave and settle.

Of course a 3rd party would have a chance it more people would not vote for the lesser of 2 evils.

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting Godgaveme4:

No vote is wasted.  If enough people are fed up with the main candidates from the 2 parties then they will vote 3rd party and perhaps they will take the election...at least that is how i hope it goes.

Quoting asfriend:

Any vote not for Romney or Obama is of course a wasted vote....Romney! of Course!

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Peanutx3:

Sigh another post for posters to tell me how my vote will be wasted.  I am going to choose not to answer this time.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Eilish-
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Gary Johnson

Godgaveme4
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Again, that is your opinion.

I am not the only person who sees amny similarities between the 2 candidates.  But that is my opinion.

And remember, just because we do not agree does not mean one is less informed than the other.

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting Godgaveme4:

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting Godgaveme4:

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Peanutx3:

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:16 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't see how someone with LDS values and morals could vote for Obama. 

WWJD?  ;)

laparla
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Gary Johnson, but I prefer Obama to Romney because I believe Romney, while a decent enough man, is surrounded by extreme Republicans who are warmongers, creationists and the like.

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:21 AM
1 mom liked this

The same way any Christ loving person could vote for a man who thinks only the rich should be able to eat and have health care. Thinks the poor should be looked down on. Thinking the working poor are somehow lazy and beneathe his rich uppity ass. WWJD? He would feed the poor and give free healing to those in need. I have yet to read anything in the bible that is remotely conservative. Unless you are thinking that it was a conservative move to flood the earth killing millions...

Quoting toomanypoodles:

WWJD?  ;)

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:17 AM

Quoting glitterteaz:

The same way any Christ loving person could vote for a man who thinks only the rich should be able to eat and have health care. Thinks the poor should be looked down on. Thinking the working poor are somehow lazy and beneathe his rich uppity ass. WWJD? He would feed the poor and give free healing to those in need. I have yet to read anything in the bible that is remotely conservative. Unless you are thinking that it was a conservative move to flood the earth killing millions...

Quoting toomanypoodles:

WWJD?  ;)

I don't feel that way about him.  He's a good man. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured