Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Teacher Ridicules Student for Romney T-Shirt

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:05 PM
  • 0 Replies

Many Republicans can't help but wonder if a student wearing a pro-Obama T-Shirt in a Philadelphia school would have been subject to the kind of humiliation that Samantha Pawlucy was forced to endure.

The 16-year old sophomore, who attends Charles Carroll High School, told CNBC's Larry Kudlow, that she was humiliated by a teacher for wearing a T-shirt in support of Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan.

She said the teacher compared her to the worst racists in history -- the Ku Klux Klan.

"It was really embarrassing, and I think she did it because she's against Mitt Romney," Samantha said.

"I was really nervous," she added, "and I was worried that after class, people were going to come up to me and say something."
Events unfolded last Friday. Nothing out of the ordinary happened until the student arrived at her geometry class -- before that time the shirt didn't raise any objections.

However, the offending teacher saw the Romney / Ryan shirt "and told me to get out of the classroom, I said no," Samantha explained on "The Kudlow Report." (Read More Below the Video.)

Philly Student Ridiculed Over Romney T-ShirtSamantha Pawlucy, a 16-year-old student in Philadelphia says that a teacher ridiculed her for wearing a Mitt Romney t-shirt in class. CNBC's Larry Kudlow weighs in.

When she stood her ground and refused to change, Samantha said the teacher pulled her into the hall and encouraged others to make fun of her. And according to news reports, the teacher attempted to scribble on the shirt.

[More From CNBC: Romney on '47 Percent': I Was 'Completely Wrong']

Samantha also admitted to Kudlow that she was so embarrassed by what happened she hasn't returned to class. "I don't want to be threatened and I want the teacher to be fired."

Samantha's father Richard Pawlucy is beside himself. He told Larry Kudlow that he wouldn't tolerate his daughter being bullied by anybody let alone a teacher.

May opinion.

Evidently this "teacher" has not heard of freedom of speech. She is worse than the people she complained about, as a teacher she is suppose to set an example and completely let her personal opinion get in the way of education.   

Your thoughts and opinions..and please keep it nice... no need to get as nasty as the campaign. 

butterfly on headlynda  

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)