Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did Romney Cheat?

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:02 PM
  • 100 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you be okay with the candidates having notes during the debate if the rules were changed and they "allowed" each candidate to have a set amount of notes with them?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 37

View Results

Okay, I have to say, I'm not really trying to debate whether or not he actually had notes (although, his camp is saying it is a handkerchief).  My question is, would you really care if the candidates have notes during the debate?

Edit:  I guess I need to clarify what I said.  Would you be okay with the candidates having notes during the debate if the rules were changed and they "allowed" each candidate to have a set amount of notes with them?

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
annabl1970
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:04 PM

No, I wouldn't care

jynkx
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this

no, i wouldnt care.  not a huge deal.

GotSomeKids
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:07 PM

I have some friends making a huge deal over this and I'm like dude I'm about to turn 41 and I can't remember what I did 10 mins ago, let alone in a debate.  I just don't understand what the big deal is.

shannonnigans
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:10 PM
5 moms liked this
It's a question of ethics. If you have ethics you follow the rules. Like at Bain Capital!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meriana
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I really wouldn't care if they were allowed to have notes, (key word being allowed, as in not against the rules or unethical) as long as those notes didn't resemble a 10 minute or longer speech. Having notes might actually contribute to a much better debate.

shannonnigans
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:12 PM
2 moms liked this
Have any of you been in a formal debate? You get to take notes, not bring them. WTF.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdellesMom
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:12 PM
Well, if the rules say no notes, then I'd care. But, if they were allowed to have notes, I wouldn't care.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justpeachy1
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this

If you can't follow the rules at a debate come on..it is a matter of ethics I agree.

..... and really that is not a handkerchief. Nice try.

Sunshine257
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:21 PM
I think if they have notes that would be a good thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GotSomeKids
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Not a presidential debate no.  But, debates yes.  I find different rules for different debates and depending on what level the debate it is.

I wasn't questioning the current rules.  If you can't, then you can't. 

My question was, if anyone would have a problem if they were allowed to have notes.  It was just something that came up in conversation with my family and thought I would expand and get other peoples thoughts.

Quoting shannonnigans:

Have any of you been in a formal debate? You get to take notes, not bring them. WTF.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured