Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

"They Are A Bunch Of Hillbillies That Drive Pick-Up Trucks"

Posted by   + Show Post

I overheard someone saying this in reference to Republicans at a soccer game today. So, I'm curious... How many of you Republicans out there drive or have a husband who drives a pick-up truck? Let's see how accurate this stereotype is.

I am a registered Republican, and this is my daily driver:

LOL

As you all well know, I consider myself more of a Libertarian than a Republican, but when a Libertarian isn't available on the ballot, I vote Republican probably 80% of the time, with the other 20% going to conservative Democrats and Indies.

This is for fun, ladies. I'm just curious as to how accurate this stereotype is.

"Roger that. Over."

R   A   D    I    O    H    E    I    D

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:21 PM
Replies (21-30):
annabl1970
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:52 PM

My husband is registered Republican,  all his closest family as well, and all of them drive honda, lexus sedans and toyota SUVs

No trucks, no american cars LOL

radioheid
by Libertarian on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Cute cars.

Quoting Woodbabe:

Two registered Republicans, frequent third party voters.

"Roger that. Over."

smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:26 PM

I think it's more of a city/country thing. Almost everyone I know here has a truck since sports cars are good for hauling manure around. We're Independents and of course, have a truck. 

tnmomofive
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:43 PM
LOL dumb.First im no hillbilly.Secondly..I drive a Chrysler Town and Country van.My husband does have a Ford pickup lol but when you live in the mountains and do not get garbage service well it sure is nice to have something to haul that crap in.The four wheel drive comes real handy in the winter.I'd like to see his superior ass bring his Prius on this mountain in the winer time LOL!!
AMBG825
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband is a registered republican. We have a 91 Nissan 300ZX. A 93 Nissan 300ZX. A 2006 charger. A 2008 Pontiac G6 and a 1968 GTO.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ziva65
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:52 PM

We are Republicans and own a pick up truck. My dad too, hes also a Republican.

I get what he is saying though, but the funny thing is that if you go to the mountains, in gun country, they are gun totin truck drivers with Republican stickers all over... he's just  fallen for a sterotype.

I like the Chevy :), ours are American too.

mrsjksimmons
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this

It's a stereotype that tends to have basis in fact. Rural areas tend to vote Republican and in rural areas, you live in BFE so you need the larger vehicles (ex. trucks, suvs) to make it through the snow (up north) or whatever is down south. More populated areas (such as big cities) tend to vote Democratic because of the issues that they deal with like large scale poverty. Oh and to answer your question: We are moderate Dems and my husband is going to get a truck the next time we get a new vehicle.

Quoting radioheid:

My twin sister is also a registered Repub. She also drives an SUV (Chevy Blazer). 

I didn't necessarily believe the stereotype, but I have heard similar comments before, so I was curious. My older sister, a Democrat, lived out in the sticks for a few years and bitched at length about all the rednecks with their Bush/Cheney bumper stickers on the back of their pick-up trucks. lol

Quoting Kylie819:

We are Republicans...we have an SUV and a minivan :)

radioheid
by Libertarian on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:04 PM

I live in NE Ohio. Hella hills, hella snow. lol

Quoting mrsjksimmons:

It's a stereotype that tends to have basis in fact. Rural areas tend to vote Republican and in rural areas, you live in BFE so you need the larger vehicles (ex. trucks, suvs) to make it through the snow (up north) or whatever is down south. More populated areas (such as big cities) tend to vote Democratic because of the issues that they deal with like large scale poverty. Oh and to answer your question: We are moderate Dems and my husband is going to get a truck the next time we get a new vehicle.

Quoting radioheid:

My twin sister is also a registered Repub. She also drives an SUV (Chevy Blazer). 

I didn't necessarily believe the stereotype, but I have heard similar comments before, so I was curious. My older sister, a Democrat, lived out in the sticks for a few years and bitched at length about all the rednecks with their Bush/Cheney bumper stickers on the back of their pick-up trucks. lol

Quoting Kylie819:

We are Republicans...we have an SUV and a minivan :)

"Roger that. Over."

Lizardannie1966
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this

::::cueing the theme from "Deliverance":::::

I prefer a pick-up or larger vehicle and since we've had one for years (a larger vehicle of some sort), I feel incredibly vulnerable in a smaller vehicle and especially with Arizona drivers/car driving texters.

::::picking teeth with fork:::::

Luv2BaMommy9809
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:05 PM

I don't have a pick up, darling, but I sure do want one!! lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN