Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

"They Are A Bunch Of Hillbillies That Drive Pick-Up Trucks"

Posted by   + Show Post

I overheard someone saying this in reference to Republicans at a soccer game today. So, I'm curious... How many of you Republicans out there drive or have a husband who drives a pick-up truck? Let's see how accurate this stereotype is.

I am a registered Republican, and this is my daily driver:

LOL

As you all well know, I consider myself more of a Libertarian than a Republican, but when a Libertarian isn't available on the ballot, I vote Republican probably 80% of the time, with the other 20% going to conservative Democrats and Indies.

This is for fun, ladies. I'm just curious as to how accurate this stereotype is.

"Roger that. Over."

R   A   D    I    O    H    E    I    D

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:21 PM
Replies (31-40):
jesusismyfriend
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Democrats voting rebuplican and u drive a Chevy uplander minivan. And yes it is plastered with Romney stickers.
Lunarprancer
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:08 PM
Um, my brother has one of those little half trucks, and a mini van. Other than that no one I know drives a truck.
KaleaLani
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:14 PM
Registered with no party affiliation and we recently traded in the lightning for a BMW. But we had the truck for several years, and another before that.
6Fish
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:14 PM

We are both registered republicans.  I drive a minivan, and dh drives a Ford Excursion that was previously owned by the state of Montana.  It's basically the biggest truck Ford makes, enclosed. If you look at the back end of it from just the right angle you can still see where the Border Patrol stickers were. LOL  We live in the country on an acerage.  We quite often have to pull a horse trailer, haul wood, and hay bales.  I don't consider owning a particular vehicle necessarily a political statement, so much as a matter of necessity! LOL

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:31 PM

My Republican husband drives HIS pickup truck a couple days a week...the rest of the time he drives his beautiful premium gas guzzling Republican Lexus.  ;)

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:39 PM

My dad is a registered repulican... drives a pick up, hunts and is generally racist, sexist and not very bright.

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Quoting toomanypoodles:

My Republican husband drives HIS pickup truck a couple days a week...the rest of the time he drives his beautiful premium gas guzzling Republican Lexus.  ;)

TRAITOR!!!! you are not driving an AMERICAN made car... LOL!!!!!

teri4lance
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:42 PM
I m a libertarian but like op i will prob vote rep if there's no other choice. I do drive a tundra, but our othet car is a prius.
We arent hillbillies tho....dh and u grew up on new wave and alternative and we both have 150+ IQ's .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuvmyAiden
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:43 PM

I'll do you one better than just driving a pickup. Dh drives a company pickup(oil & gas industry job...gasp!) and has a personal pickup while I drive a suburban. All THREE have nice big NRA stickers on them too! I'm not much of a hillbilly but I would rather be a hillbilly than an idiot, which the folks saying this obviously are.

BuckeyezRule
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:47 PM
I'm registered republican. Hubby drives a Toyota tundra pickup. Lol he's also a hunter, we had homemade strawberry wine at our wedding, and hubby's uncle and cousin played the devil went down to Georgia, complete with guitar and fiddle. If it's 'redneck', chances are SOMEONE in hubby's family does it or has it. Lol

I've lived in the city my whole life, and hubby has for 19 years. And hubby works a white color job. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)