Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"They Are A Bunch Of Hillbillies That Drive Pick-Up Trucks"

Posted by   + Show Post

I overheard someone saying this in reference to Republicans at a soccer game today. So, I'm curious... How many of you Republicans out there drive or have a husband who drives a pick-up truck? Let's see how accurate this stereotype is.

I am a registered Republican, and this is my daily driver:

LOL

As you all well know, I consider myself more of a Libertarian than a Republican, but when a Libertarian isn't available on the ballot, I vote Republican probably 80% of the time, with the other 20% going to conservative Democrats and Indies.

This is for fun, ladies. I'm just curious as to how accurate this stereotype is.

"Roger that. Over."

R   A   D    I    O    H    E    I    D

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:21 PM
Replies (61-70):
Ashley_Carlson
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:00 AM

I'm a hillbilly, and I hate both parties!

Hedgewitch
by New Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:26 AM

My husband and I are both Dem, but neither of us have pick up trucks. He has a older Scion and I have a Civic. Both of them are 8 years old and we plan to use them until they die. Which should be abother 8+ years. We have no interest in ever getting a truck, even with four 100+ pound dogs.

Lizardannie1966
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

::::cueing the theme from "Deliverance":::::

I prefer a pick-up or larger vehicle and since we've had one for years (a larger vehicle of some sort), I feel incredibly vulnerable in a smaller vehicle and especially with Arizona drivers/car driving texters.

::::picking teeth with fork:::::

Thank you for posting this.  I had forgotten how amazing that was.  I also checked out the Steve Martin ones.  You provided me with some fun time spent with great music.

You're welcome. :) Music seemed fitting to the theme of this thread.

La_Vie_en_R0se
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:30 PM
No pick ups in our household and we are republicans. Well, I'm more of an independent but DH is republican all the way :) my sister and her DH are dems and they have a pick up though, much to her dismay, lol
hopealways4019
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:21 PM
Pretty accurate statement.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caito
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:15 PM

On the opposite end of the spectrum, some people might expect us bleeding heart liberals to only own electric cars and hybrids and shit.

We drive a 21 year old Blazer. Gas guzzler and all that jazz.

azaz
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Hmmm! This seem to be more of a stereotype on classicism then on ones political views. confusedAnd this question can also depend on someones demographics.

lilmoosesmom
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:19 PM

I shouldn't be laughing, but I am. Horribly. :) 

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

Republicans, both Pa and I are. The Mister is the only driver (I'm disabled from a coon shooting accident) and drives a Chevy Silveraldo pick-up. No pics. Our camera done got ruined when our son Jethro blew it up using it as target practice.

Im a mommy & a wife. Im for gay rights, I support Pro Choice. . I am a Wiccan, I choose photography as a hobby, I choose to spank my child.  His manners matter, never breast feed. I am an animal lover, stong believer in being honest. Pepsi is my drug of choice. Im alsoTattooed, pierced.  gun carring, loving my son kinda of mommy. Judge me, I don't care.

Photobucket

<

Mommy2BeAmy
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:44 PM
My dh is far from a hillbilly he drives a Mercedes Benz AMG
SEEKEROFSHELLS
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Well Republicans might drive pick ups but I doubt they sport the testicles in the back! LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured