Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are there men who would not marry a woman who was a stripper or who had been a stripper?

Posted by   + Show Post

I am watching the Real Housewives of New Jersey and this issue came up.  So what do you think?

Are there men who would not marry a woman who was a stripper or who had been a stripper?  If there are such men, what would their reasons be?

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:12 PM
Replies (11-20):
catrig
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Some of it would be religious.  Some of it would probably be sexist.  I'm sure there are many reasons.

futureshock
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Quoting D.O.E.:

there's a song about it, lol

well, a rap song. i think it was tupac, can't remember.

and i think it is because some men out there don't consider girls who do such things to have any value as a human being.

Quoting futureshock:

Quoting Citygirlk:

The "black" expression is "you cant turn a hoe into a housewife" lol (no offence to anyone ofcourse). But there are guys who marry strippers.

I didn't even know that was an actual expression!  Thanks for the info.

Do men who think like this go to strip clubs?

futureshock
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Quoting catrig:

Some of it would be religious.  Some of it would probably be sexist.  I'm sure there are many reasons.

That is an interesting point about the religious aspect.

tessaloveof3
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:56 PM

I see noting wrong with a man thinking that and following that statement.

Some men just don't want their wife having danced and stripped for other men.  There is nothing wrong with him wanting that and there is nothing wrong with a woman telling him to hit the road because she did.

D.O.E.
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting futureshock:

Quoting D.O.E.:

there's a song about it, lol

well, a rap song. i think it was tupac, can't remember.

and i think it is because some men out there don't consider girls who do such things to have any value as a human being.

Quoting futureshock:

Quoting Citygirlk:

The "black" expression is "you cant turn a hoe into a housewife" lol (no offence to anyone ofcourse). But there are guys who marry strippers.

Do men who think like this go to strip clubs?

yes. the stripper or whore is only there to please the man. they see these women as peices of meat, they would likely not see these women as actual "women" the way they would a sister or co worker.
these are the same type of men who will also sometimes be very abusive to women who work in the sex trade, be it stripper or prostitute, and the perfect life and wife at home.

LntLckrsCmQut
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Quoting tessaloveof3:

Some men just don't want their wife having danced and stripped for other men.  There is nothing wrong with him wanting that and there is nothing wrong with a woman telling him to hit the road because she did.

That doesn't make sense to me, unless he is also wanting a virgin. I mean, he's not OK with her dancing naked for other men, but he's fine with her having a past sexual life? See what I mean.

parentalrights1
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Fine, but do you agree that a man should at least hold himself to the standards he holds his women to? Like should a man who sleeps around with whoever lets him be so afraid of a woman that's alot like him?

I think this whole taboo nudity thing is pretty silly myself. A partner isn't less of a person just because someone else saw them naked. What difference does it make really? They're not any less nice. They're not any less of a good partner. Someone saw them naked.

I wouldn't marry a man with an attitude like that even though I've never stripped and was never really promiscuous, I can't stand men like that and I don't know why women will lower their standards enough to be with them.

But hell, I don't care if he wants a perfect princess if he himself is a perfect prince.

Quoting tessaloveof3:

Citygirlk
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:10 PM
And believe it or not its used a lot. Lol

Quoting futureshock:

Quoting Citygirlk:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
parentalrights1
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Does it bother anyone that this whole purity thing came from women always being supressed and seen as property? Sure we've come a long way, but the attitudes of previous generations still trickled down to some degree.

If you really sit and think about how women were treated compared to men I don't see howpeople can still condone this.

tessaloveof3
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:12 PM

I see a difference in getting paid to turn men on and having a relationship with him.

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

Quoting tessaloveof3:

That doesn't make sense to me, unless he is also wanting a virgin. I mean, he's not OK with her dancing naked for other men, but he's fine with her having a past sexual life? See what I mean.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured