Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Obama is not the worst president ever.

Posted by   + Show Post
Franklin Pierce, Woodrow Wilson, and Richard Nixon were all much worse presidents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Replies (41-50):
GotSomeKids
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this

He's not my favorite, but he isn't horrible either. 

Quoting AdellesMom:

Obama definitely isn't the "worst president ever." I laugh when I hear people say that.

AdellesMom
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:05 PM
I agree.

Quoting GotSomeKids:

He's not my favorite, but he isn't horrible either. 

Quoting AdellesMom:

Obama definitely isn't the "worst president ever." I laugh when I hear people say that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaya529
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this
That wasn't because of Carter. There were world events going on at the time that caused that. He may have been blamed for them but he didn't drive the gas prices up.

Maybe if people had the internet at the time things would have worked out differently.

The drug thing did play a huge factor.

Quoting DSamuels:

Are you kidding me? Carter was HORRIBLE!! Interest rates were in the teens, even for mortgages. Inflation was close to 10% or higher. You could only buy gas for your car on certain days of the week and there were lines blocks long at some stations.

Quoting Kaya529:

Carter is one of my favorite presidents.

He was a one term president because he had begun to legalize weed. Everything was going well until some of the people who worked for him got caught at a coke party. You have to remember the time period he was president in.
Quoting PestPatti:

Hmm if Carter was so good, how come he was only a one termer..  Carter and Obama suck equally.  

Quoting lga1965:

yeah right.eye rollingI guess you don't read much. Nixon's background was full of dishonesty, starting with breaking into an Office at Duke to get his final exam scores. He was in Law school. That was just  the beginning of a long career in "dirty tricks".

Carter was a good man. So is Obama. He is trying to do his best but the Repubs won't let him and the Conservatives are making up lies about him.

I am ashamed of the "new Republicans" of today. I voted Republican in 1964--Goldwater---he was the best of the Republicans. But, Nixon and Ford made me join up with the Democrats. I haven't regretted it.

Quoting motherslove82:

Nixon was a good president with a very high approval rating, until he covered up watergate.

You forgot Carter.

Obama is still worse.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaya529
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:15 PM
I also forgot to tell you my ex MILK worked for him at the time. I could just introduce you to her and she can explain it to you.

Quoting DSamuels:

Are you kidding me? Carter was HORRIBLE!! Interest rates were in the teens, even for mortgages. Inflation was close to 10% or higher. You could only buy gas for your car on certain days of the week and there were lines blocks long at some stations.

Quoting Kaya529:

He was a one term president because he had begun to legalize weed. Everything was going well until some of the people who worked for him got caught at a coke party. You have to remember the time period he was president in.
Quoting PestPatti:

Hmm if Carter was so good, how come he was only a one termer..  Carter and Obama suck equally.  

Quoting lga1965:

yeah right.eye rollingI guess you don't read much. Nixon's background was full of dishonesty, starting with breaking into an Office at Duke to get his final exam scores. He was in Law school. That was just  the beginning of a long career in "dirty tricks".

Carter was a good man. So is Obama. He is trying to do his best but the Repubs won't let him and the Conservatives are making up lies about him.

I am ashamed of the "new Republicans" of today. I voted Republican in 1964--Goldwater---he was the best of the Republicans. But, Nixon and Ford made me join up with the Democrats. I haven't regretted it.

Quoting motherslove82:

Nixon was a good president with a very high approval rating, until he covered up watergate.

You forgot Carter.

Obama is still worse.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaya529
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:15 PM
I also forgot to tell you my ex MIL worked for him at the time. I could just introduce you to her and she can explain it to you.

Quoting DSamuels:

Quoting Kaya529:

Quoting PestPatti:

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting motherslove82:

You forgot Carter.

Obama is still worse.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blondie805
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Aaah who cares? Carter actually was voted in the polls as the worst president in history. But, I have to agree with you.

In fact, I will go so far as to say that Obama has been one of the best presidents we ever had.

Is this a shocking statement coming from a conservative? Not when you hear my reasons.

Obama did one great thing. He brought the apathy out of this country. Never have I seen this nation begin to actually study and find out the truth about what is going on in our White House. Never have I seen debates come out of places that I would never have expected like an after school meeting in  a high school. Never have I seen people become so passionate about this nation.

Obama did do one thing. He woke us up and made us stand up.

I don't like him and I don't like the things he stands for. But, I have my reasons now and I can really back them up. During the Clinton administration, I paid very little attention to what was going on. This apathy carried on into the Bush administration and so on. When Obama got into the office, he started saying so much crap, that I had to do the research for myself. I actually looked on the internet for things that weren't social. Things like the public records of votes in congress and the bills being introduced into the house by Obama. I began reading!!!! I know that it sounds like I was just a lazy slob, but, I really was.

Obama's crap can continue, but, this year, when I vote, I will know exactly why and whom I am voting for. I will know my issues and so will others. I don't think that this is going to be an easy election this time for Obama. He has woken up too many people.

Kaya529
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I completely agree with the whole waking people up thing. I woke up on 9/11 and started paying attention to what was going on. That is why the first time I ever voted was when Bush ran the second time. What I have seen has been atrocious from both sides. But people were too busy going about their lives to see what was around them. Obama seemed to get people excited. Sometimes he is more like a movie star.

I am not a Obama follower. I have not been very happy with presidency but I believe Mitt Romney is worse. So I am not voting for either. I am going to cast my vote for someone I believe in for once rather then the lesser of to evils.

Obama just created divide. Not all his fault. The republicans have been acting like children throwing temper tantrums and the democrats just cave and wine about it. The whole thing is a big joke. I am completely embarrassed by my own govt. So I have decided to do a write in for Bernie Sanders. He is a wonderful man and could do a much better job and wouldn't be nearly as polarizing. He comes across as honest, kind, and intelligent. I know he won't win or anything but I think he is the type of person I would want at the helm.

Quoting blondie805:

Aaah who cares? Carter actually was voted in the polls as the worst president in history. But, I have to agree with you.

In fact, I will go so far as to say that Obama has been one of the best presidents we ever had.

Is this a shocking statement coming from a conservative? Not when you hear my reasons.

Obama did one great thing. He brought the apathy out of this country. Never have I seen this nation begin to actually study and find out the truth about what is going on in our White House. Never have I seen debates come out of places that I would never have expected like an after school meeting in  a high school. Never have I seen people become so passionate about this nation.

I don't like him and I don't like the things he stands for. But, I have my reasons now and I can really back them up. During the Clinton administration, I paid very little attention to what was going on. This apathy carried on into the Bush administration and so on. When Obama got into the office, he started saying so much crap, that I had to do the research for myself. I actually looked on the internet for things that weren't social. Things like the public records of votes in congress and the bills being introduced into the house by Obama. I began reading!!!! I know that it sounds like I was just a lazy slob, but, I really was.

Obama's crap can continue, but, this year, when I vote, I will know exactly why and whom I am voting for. I will know my issues and so will others. I don't think that this is going to be an easy election this time for Obama. He has woken up too many people.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blondie805
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:05 AM

It sounds as if you have done your research as well. My vote will be based upon these key issues: 1-Where does he stand on the budget? Are we still going to pay grants for people to study whether or not you can actually see air? (just an off the wall example).

2. Abortion. (I am not stating my beliefs on that. This is not a debate over pro choice or life).

3. His past record of voting. Has he voted one thing and then said another?

4. Do I really want Obama in or do I want Obama out. If Mitt follows 1-3 then, will I vote Mitt just to get Obama out?

That's to be determined at a later date.

But, I am really glad to hear that you have an opinion not something that has been fed to you. Good for you! Good for all of us who woke up finally.

Quoting Kaya529:

I completely agree with the whole waking people up thing. I woke up on 9/11 and started paying attention to what was going on. That is why the first time I ever voted was when Bush ran the second time. What I have seen has been atrocious from both sides. But people were too busy going about their lives to see what was around them. Obama seemed to get people excited. Sometimes he is more like a movie star.

I am not a Obama follower. I have not been very happy with presidency but I believe Mitt Romney is worse. So I am not voting for either. I am going to cast my vote for someone I believe in for once rather then the lesser of to evils.

Obama just created divide. Not all his fault. The republicans have been acting like children throwing temper tantrums and the democrats just cave and wine about it. The whole thing is a big joke. I am completely embarrassed by my own govt. So I have decided to do a write in for Bernie Sanders. He is a wonderful man and could do a much better job and wouldn't be nearly as polarizing. He comes across as honest, kind, and intelligent. I know he won't win or anything but I think he is the type of person I would want at the helm.

Quoting blondie805:

PestPatti
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Really you think the only reason he wasnt re elected was because of weed.   He was a lack luster President, and his "conserve" energy  State of the Union did nothing to help him.    The final straw might have been his bungling of the 52 American hostages..   Weed was not his only problem...   I smoked pot and still didn't vote for Carter in November 1980.

Quoting Kaya529:

Quoting PestPatti:

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting motherslove82:

You forgot Carter.

Obama is still worse.

asfriend
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:57 AM
But apparently they were all on acid, which actually would explain a few things.

Quoting DSamuels:

Quoting Kaya529:

Quoting PestPatti:

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting motherslove82:

You forgot Carter.

Obama is still worse.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)