Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Obama is not the worst president ever.

Posted by   + Show Post
Franklin Pierce, Woodrow Wilson, and Richard Nixon were all much worse presidents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Replies (61-70):
asfriend
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:09 PM
Less chaotic?

Are you in a coma?

Quoting hopealways4019:

Was these people who think obama is a shitty president, asleep when bush was causing chaos for 8 yrs? Obama presidency is less chaotic. Just because dont agree, with obama policy dont make him a bad president.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopealways4019
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:25 PM
If i was in a coma, it would be impossible for me to here on cm. Not medically possible.

Quoting asfriend:

Less chaotic?

Are you in a coma?

Quoting hopealways4019:

Was these people who think obama is a shitty president, asleep when bush was causing chaos for 8 yrs? Obama presidency is less chaotic. Just because dont agree, with obama policy dont make him a bad president.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaya529
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:00 PM
Well she must have been part of the problem with Reagan too. She ran the white house human resources department. She has since worked for NASA and the Pentagon before retiring and going into the private sector. Which means she still works with many of the governmental departments for 3X the pay.

I am sure you have done better :)

Quoting asfriend:

Since she would have been part of the problem then, I give the post even less credibility than I originally thought which was zero.

Quoting Kaya529:

My ex MIL worked for Carter and would disagree with you.

Quoting asfriend:

Weird that someone that posted as a ridiculous post as yours would chastise someone else, but....

The election was held in 1980 - Reagan destroyed him, because he was horrible.

If you read a book much later on, about papers that weren't public knowledge at the time, obviously those things had no affect on the election.

I was there the country couldn't wait to divest it's self of Carter, very much like now.

Quoting Kaya529:

I should have said one of the deciding factors. My fault for wording it wrong.

I also said that members of his party got caught at a party with coke.

I will try to be more careful to watch how I word things. You kind of need to work on reading comprehension.

Quoting PestPatti:

Really you think the only reason he wasnt re elected was because of weed.   He was a lack luster President, and his "conserve" energy  State of the Union did nothing to help him.    The final straw might have been his bungling of the 52 American hostages..   Weed was not his only problem...   I smoked pot and still didn't vote for Carter in November 1980.

Quoting Kaya529:

Carter is one of my favorite presidents.

He was a one term president because he had begun to legalize weed. Everything was going well until some of the people who worked for him got caught at a coke party. You have to remember the time period he was president in.
Quoting PestPatti:

Hmm if Carter was so good, how come he was only a one termer..  Carter and Obama suck equally.  

Quoting lga1965:

yeah right.eye rollingI guess you don't read much. Nixon's background was full of dishonesty, starting with breaking into an Office at Duke to get his final exam scores. He was in Law school. That was just  the beginning of a long career in "dirty tricks".

Carter was a good man. So is Obama. He is trying to do his best but the Repubs won't let him and the Conservatives are making up lies about him.

I am ashamed of the "new Republicans" of today. I voted Republican in 1964--Goldwater---he was the best of the Republicans. But, Nixon and Ford made me join up with the Democrats. I haven't regretted it.

Quoting motherslove82:

Nixon was a good president with a very high approval rating, until he covered up watergate.

You forgot Carter.

Obama is still worse.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaya529
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this
You make it too easy not to chastise.

If it is delicious then why did you bother to even reply.

If you had no idea about the drug part of the situation then how can I take the rest of what you say as anything but crap you read in some high school history book? If you had known about I would take you seriously in a debate of it's importance. You instead assumed I was making crap up. You completely lost any credibility of knowing the whole situation.

Quoting asfriend:

Weird that someone that posted as a ridiculous post as yours would chastise someone else, but....

The election was held in 1980 - Reagan destroyed him, because he was horrible.

If you read a book much later on, about papers that weren't public knowledge at the time, obviously those things had no affect on the election.

I was there the country couldn't wait to divest it's self of Carter, very much like now.

Quoting Kaya529:

I should have said one of the deciding factors. My fault for wording it wrong.

I also said that members of his party got caught at a party with coke.

I will try to be more careful to watch how I word things. You kind of need to work on reading comprehension.

Quoting PestPatti:

Really you think the only reason he wasnt re elected was because of weed.   He was a lack luster President, and his "conserve" energy  State of the Union did nothing to help him.    The final straw might have been his bungling of the 52 American hostages..   Weed was not his only problem...   I smoked pot and still didn't vote for Carter in November 1980.

Quoting Kaya529:

Carter is one of my favorite presidents.

He was a one term president because he had begun to legalize weed. Everything was going well until some of the people who worked for him got caught at a coke party. You have to remember the time period he was president in.
Quoting PestPatti:

Hmm if Carter was so good, how come he was only a one termer..  Carter and Obama suck equally.  

Quoting lga1965:

yeah right.eye rollingI guess you don't read much. Nixon's background was full of dishonesty, starting with breaking into an Office at Duke to get his final exam scores. He was in Law school. That was just  the beginning of a long career in "dirty tricks".

Carter was a good man. So is Obama. He is trying to do his best but the Repubs won't let him and the Conservatives are making up lies about him.

I am ashamed of the "new Republicans" of today. I voted Republican in 1964--Goldwater---he was the best of the Republicans. But, Nixon and Ford made me join up with the Democrats. I haven't regretted it.

Quoting motherslove82:

Nixon was a good president with a very high approval rating, until he covered up watergate.

You forgot Carter.

Obama is still worse.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:15 PM
Nixon should have been charged with treason, W. as well

Quoting asfriend:

Nixon was better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:18 PM
Apparently you are

Do you remember the issues of 2008?

Quoting asfriend:

Less chaotic?

Are you in a coma?

Quoting hopealways4019:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:56 PM

U-T San Diego:  Top 5 Worse Presidents are:

1.  Barack Obama - 2009-

2.  Jimmy Carter - 77-81 (runner-up)

3.  James Buchanan - 1857-1861

4.  Nixon - 69-74

5.  Andrew Johnson - 1865-1869

In our lifetime it has been:  Obama, Carter & Nixon

lga1965
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:00 PM

lga1965
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:11 PM

http://www.money-zine.com/Investing/Stocks/Stock-Market-Crash-of-2008/

October 2008 Stock Market Crash

Additional Resources

Although history may state the actual market crash occurred on Monday, October 6, 2008, the market experienced eight consecutive trading days of negative movement starting on October 1, 2008. The table below shows the decline of the Dow Jones Industrial Average from October 1st through October 10th.

http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Real-Estate-Market-Crash-of-2008---How-Did-We-Get-Here?&id=1425372

Before the real estate market crash of 2008, there were the prophets. They spoke of a real estate balloon that was bound to burst and take down the real estate market as well as the economy. Even with all of this prophesying, many were taken by surprise when the once lucrative real estate market began to crumble.

So, what caused the collapse? The main culprit was the subprime lending market. When this market crashed, a large amount of companies faced foreclosure. Even the companies that did not foreclose suffered losses that amounted to billions of dollars

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/1425372

2008 was not a good year. That was the result of several years of unregulated financial institutions and many mistakes.Gas prices hit a high over $4.00 a gallon by the summer of 2008. This leads me to believe that Bush was one of the worst Presidents in history.

We have been trying to dig out of the slump, even tho the republican congress is fighting it.

hopefully, in about 5 more years , the economy will recover somewhat....

lga1965
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:16 PM

I don't know what U-T San Diego is but I would appreciate a LINK to their statistics.If this is a college and this is a student survey....then,who cares?Or did you make this up?

Quoting Naturewoman4:

U-T San Diego:  Top 5 Worse Presidents are:

1.  Barack Obama - 2009-

2.  Jimmy Carter - 77-81 (runner-up)

3.  James Buchanan - 1857-1861

4.  Nixon - 69-74

5.  Andrew Johnson - 1865-1869

In our lifetime it has been:  Obama, Carter & Nixon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)