Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you voting for a third party candidate?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Are you voting for a third party candidate?

Options:

yes

no

not voting

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 52

View Results

I have noticed many people say they are voting for a third party candidate. A lot more than I have noticed in the past. Of course I am paying more attention now. What do you think? Are you voting for a third party? Do you think more people are voting third party now than they have in the past?

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:46 PM
Replies (11-20):
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Johnson

Shaylyn318
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Why are you not voting?

Quoting SarahLizyB:

I'm not voting this time, but if I was, I'd vote for Jill Stein

p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Robert Downey JR. 

jurnee14
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:58 PM

im still undecided on who im voting for, but I do notice more people voting for 3rd party.

Jambo4
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:45 PM

I'd love to know who the 3rd party people voted for last time around.

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Just like NOT voting, if one votes 3rd party, IMO it's like throwing your vote away.  This is just MY opionion, because I NEED Obama voted out of office.  I think the Country desperately needs Obama OUT!  IF not, I believe this Country will suffer more than it already has under Obama.  Obama has no plans for ANYTHNG.  He believes his policies are working.  He believes things has turned around. 

When in fact, they have gotten worse.  Voing 3rd Party OR not voting at all, to me, is like giving Obama your vote.  Therefore, helping him to win.  Things HAVE gotten worse so far this yr. then in 2011.  Things were worse in 2011, than in 2010.  Things were worse in 2010, than in 2009.  Obama simply doesn't know what to do anymore.  That's why in the debates his head was down a lot.  He KNEW he has failed these 3 1/2 yrs.  Just my opinion.

katzmeow726
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:33 AM

I think many are voting 3rd party. I've noticed the main two parties argue that we're wasting votes, but I think with the growing number of people who are looking outside the the red and blue box, 3rd party is becoming a  viable option.  
    It is not a wasted vote to give support to a party that you prefer.  I think the large number of votes that go to 3rd party this year will finally show people that we're tired of the status quo...we're tired of being offered the illusion of choice, and not the actual thing. 

katzmeow726
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this

This right here is what I was talking about.

Another hyper-affiliated person, saying that "3rd party throws away the vote."

IT does not.  By DISCOURAGING people from voting for a person they support in a 3rd party, you are again making sure that these parties never get traction.  The more votes they get, the more people will realize that there are other options to the GOP and DEM's. You're right, every vote for a 3rd party probably will take votes from Mitt. But it will also mean in 4 years, that we could possibly see a good 3rd option for president.  
  My vote says that I am tired of being offered coke and pepsi and told they are different, when in truth they are just two flavors of soft drink, and both are bad for me.

I want actual choice, not the illusion of choice.  This is why I am voting the way I am.  I'm saying that I am not pleased with either choice.  With any luck, the large number of 3rd party votes this year will send a signal to politicians, and Americans, that this two party system is a failure, and we need better choices. 

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Just like NOT voting, if one votes 3rd party, IMO it's like throwing your vote away.  This is just MY opionion, because I NEED Obama voted out of office.  I think the Country desperately needs Obama OUT!  IF not, I believe this Country will suffer more than it already has under Obama.  Obama has no plans for ANYTHNG.  He believes his policies are working.  He believes things has turned around. 

When in fact, they have gotten worse.  Voing 3rd Party OR not voting at all, to me, is like giving Obama your vote.  Therefore, helping him to win.  Things HAVE gotten worse so far this yr. then in 2011.  Things were worse in 2011, than in 2010.  Things were worse in 2010, than in 2009.  Obama simply doesn't know what to do anymore.  That's why in the debates his head was down a lot.  He KNEW he has failed these 3 1/2 yrs.  Just my opinion.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
colins_mom
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:39 AM
I am. But i'm not sure who yet. I may write in Ron Paul as he isn't on michigans ballot
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
radioheid
by Libertarian on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Yes. I am voting for Gary Johnson of the Libertarian Party. I voted for Bob Barr of the Libertarian Party in the '08 election.

My husband is looking into Johnson and Stein, as are two of my sisters. The "third party lean" seems to run in my family. lol

"Roger that. Over."

R   A   D    I    O    H    E    I    D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured