Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Went to Target today and saw these awful bumper stickers ...

Posted by   + Show Post

"Obama sucks" and right underneath it another that read," Michelle Blows". Off to the right a third that said " Have a great day, shoot an illegal"  

It really made me gasp. I don't think I've ever seen something so vulgar and hateful advertised on someone's vehicle. Then I went into the store and as I was passing babies on my way to children's clothing, two young ladies, who I would guess were in their early 20s, stopped me and asked, how many months is a one year old. No shit, I couldn't make this up. What is up with people? 

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:05 AM
Replies (101-110):
GrneyesonU50
by New Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Just goes to show you that nobody pays attention to what they hear or read. 

EvilQueenMommy
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:06 PM

lol, did you tell them it depends on the infant? Some are only 7 months at a year, but others can be as many as 37.

Byrd15
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Wow... I get freedom of speech but have some manners! No Obama isnt amazing but I'm not gonna go bashing him on my car. :(

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

EvilQueenMommy
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:13 PM

I hate the month thing, I say 1 everytime someone asks

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

A 1 year old can be 13 months, 14 months...all the way up to 23 months old

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting Moniker:

Yes, the part about the stickers being "on a vehicle" followed by " then I went into the store" should have been plain enough. 

Quoting Nighttiger:

I think she meant on a vehicle in the parking lot. At least, thats what I understood on the second read :)  If its in the store, Target has done a 180! :)

Quoting romalove:

Where the heck do you shop in a Target that stocks such things???  I have a Target five minutes from my house and there are no such items to be had there.

Of course it was plain enough.  But a lot of people on here only skim over a post, even the short ones, then jump in with stupid remarks.  By the way, what state do you live in?  I would say, off hand, that people get these things from anti-obama hate web sites.

As for the two young ladies who asked you how many months is a one year old....it's called high school drop out or the dumming down of education in the US schools.

Another nonsense answer.  If a child is 13 months old, he is no longer a 1 year old....1 year is 12 months on any calendar.  Once a child hits day 1 after his first birthday he is going into his second year of life, that's why up to about 3 they refer to kids by months.  After that it's mostly by the year with a quarter of half added to it.

CafeMom Tickers

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."- Evelyn Beatrice Hall

EvilQueenMommy
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Quoting godsgirl26:

I would so get *obama suck* sticker lol.

CafeMom Tickers

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."- Evelyn Beatrice Hall

EvilQueenMommy
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:16 PM

why blond?

Quoting pampire:

The first one is kinda funny.  The second one is awful.

The baby clothes shoppers....they were probably hungover, childless friends of a new mom to be - and blondes.

CafeMom Tickers

jazzgirl205
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm voting republican this election but I still hold no vulgar opinions of the Obamas.  They have children just like the rest of us.

salamandersmom
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Oh, yeah. Makes me mad when you see this nasty stuff, and people then turn around and say that only Republicans could make up such hateful stuff.  Of course, I think much of its getting more hateful as the years go by.. but maybe I'm wrong.  There has always been political mud slinging.  Of course this election, the democrats have pretty much avoided targeting Romney, instead they are making people hate their neighbors who have been fortunate enough to be able to stay off assistance, saying how "the rich people" want everyone else to starve to death and have no medical care, or that Republicans want to take away your right to choose your own health care or how women can treat their bodies, or that if you are voting against Obama, then you are a racist, etc..  And maybe that's more insideous in the long run... 

Quoting anxiousschk:

You're kidding right? 

I haven't seen any yet, but I know I saw the same type of thing but against McCain and Palin in the last election.  

Stupidity knows no party lines. 

Quoting glitterteaz:

that is a republican for ya

salamandersmom
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh yes!!  I almost always vote Republican, but I don't hate the Obamas.  In fact, I am super thrilled with the idea that the Obama's daughters can sit at the Lincoln Desk and do their homework... the very desk that the emancipation proclamation was written at.  I wonder if Mr. Lincoln ever envisioned a day where a black man (or half black man) could be elected as the leader of our nation. 

jazzgirl 205:

I'm voting republican this election but I still hold no vulgar opinions of the Obamas.  They have children just like the rest of us.

jazzgirl205
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:40 PM

I think it was Voltaire who delivered that quote in the 18th c.

Quoting EvilQueenMommy:

Quoting godsgirl26:

I would so get *obama suck* sticker lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)