Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Went to Target today and saw these awful bumper stickers ...

Posted by   + Show Post

"Obama sucks" and right underneath it another that read," Michelle Blows". Off to the right a third that said " Have a great day, shoot an illegal"  

It really made me gasp. I don't think I've ever seen something so vulgar and hateful advertised on someone's vehicle. Then I went into the store and as I was passing babies on my way to children's clothing, two young ladies, who I would guess were in their early 20s, stopped me and asked, how many months is a one year old. No shit, I couldn't make this up. What is up with people? 

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:05 AM
Replies (11-20):
glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Nope I am not kidding I am surrounded by republicans and they drive the biggest trucks they can buy. Gas gass guzzlers. 

Quoting anxiousschk:

You're kidding right? 

I haven't seen any yet, but I know I saw the same type of thing but against McCain and Palin in the last election.  

Stupidity knows no party lines. 

Quoting glitterteaz:

that is a republican for ya

jessilin0113
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:26 AM
This entire answer made me lol.

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting Moniker:

Yes, the part about the stickers being "on a vehicle" followed by " then I went into the store" should have been plain enough. 

Quoting Nighttiger:

I think she meant on a vehicle in the parking lot. At least, thats what I understood on the second read :)  If its in the store, Target has done a 180! :)

Quoting romalove:

Where the heck do you shop in a Target that stocks such things???  I have a Target five minutes from my house and there are no such items to be had there.

Of course it was plain enough.  But a lot of people on here only skim over a post, even the short ones, then jump in with stupid remarks.  By the way, what state do you live in?  I would say, off hand, that people get these things from anti-obama hate web sites.

As for the two young ladies who asked you how many months is a one year old....it's called high school drop out or the dumming down of education in the US schools.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nursemc
by New Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I had a 19 yo high school graduate ask me who won the Civil War. You can't fix stupid, just try to ignore it if no one is getting hurt.

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:31 AM
2 moms liked this
A 1 year old can be 13 months, 14 months...all the way up to 23 months old

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting Moniker:

Yes, the part about the stickers being "on a vehicle" followed by " then I went into the store" should have been plain enough. 

Quoting Nighttiger:

I think she meant on a vehicle in the parking lot. At least, thats what I understood on the second read :)  If its in the store, Target has done a 180! :)

Quoting romalove:

Where the heck do you shop in a Target that stocks such things???  I have a Target five minutes from my house and there are no such items to be had there.

Of course it was plain enough.  But a lot of people on here only skim over a post, even the short ones, then jump in with stupid remarks.  By the way, what state do you live in?  I would say, off hand, that people get these things from anti-obama hate web sites.

As for the two young ladies who asked you how many months is a one year old....it's called high school drop out or the dumming down of education in the US schools.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:32 AM
Yup

Quoting glitterteaz:

that is a republican for ya

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomTiara19
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:38 AM
5 moms liked this

No worries they are probably secret Obama supporter wannabes:)

With a bumper like that they probably turned some votes Obama's way.

Vote for Obama if you have class....lol..

~Tia

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:40 AM

Clarify-- you saw these being SOLD at Target, or on a car in the parking lot?

romalove
by Roma on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:42 AM
Cars in the lot. I had two drinks last night at dinner and misread it lol.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Clarify-- you saw these being SOLD at Target, or a car in the parking lot?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:47 AM

Quoting romalove:

Cars in the lot. I had two drinks last night at dinner and misread it lol.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Clarify-- you saw these being SOLD at Target, or a car in the parking lot?

All I've had is iced tea and water---I read it that way too. 

Kaya529
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:50 AM
Lol to the 20 year olds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN