Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Went to Target today and saw these awful bumper stickers ...

Posted by   + Show Post

"Obama sucks" and right underneath it another that read," Michelle Blows". Off to the right a third that said " Have a great day, shoot an illegal"  

It really made me gasp. I don't think I've ever seen something so vulgar and hateful advertised on someone's vehicle. Then I went into the store and as I was passing babies on my way to children's clothing, two young ladies, who I would guess were in their early 20s, stopped me and asked, how many months is a one year old. No shit, I couldn't make this up. What is up with people? 

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:05 AM
Replies (31-40):
Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this
If you and granny are jumping on Roma for something this trivial, she must have hit a nerve or two in the past.

Quoting jessilin0113:

This entire answer made me lol.

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting Moniker:

Yes, the part about the stickers being "on a vehicle" followed by " then I went into the store" should have been plain enough. 

Quoting Nighttiger:

I think she meant on a vehicle in the parking lot. At least, thats what I understood on the second read :)  If its in the store, Target has done a 180! :)

Quoting romalove:

Where the heck do you shop in a Target that stocks such things???  I have a Target five minutes from my house and there are no such items to be had there.

Of course it was plain enough.  But a lot of people on here only skim over a post, even the short ones, then jump in with stupid remarks.  By the way, what state do you live in?  I would say, off hand, that people get these things from anti-obama hate web sites.

As for the two young ladies who asked you how many months is a one year old....it's called high school drop out or the dumming down of education in the US schools.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessilin0113
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I wasn't jumping on Roma, I was laughing at what I personally thought was an ironic post of gmas. I just couldn't edit the rest out.

Quoting Stephanie329:

If you and granny are jumping on Roma for something this trivial, she must have hit a nerve or two in the past.

Quoting jessilin0113:

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting Moniker:

Yes, the part about the stickers being "on a vehicle" followed by " then I went into the store" should have been plain enough. 

Quoting Nighttiger:

I think she meant on a vehicle in the parking lot. At least, thats what I understood on the second read :)  If its in the store, Target has done a 180! :)

Quoting romalove:

Where the heck do you shop in a Target that stocks such things???  I have a Target five minutes from my house and there are no such items to be had there.

Of course it was plain enough.  But a lot of people on here only skim over a post, even the short ones, then jump in with stupid remarks.  By the way, what state do you live in?  I would say, off hand, that people get these things from anti-obama hate web sites.

As for the two young ladies who asked you how many months is a one year old....it's called high school drop out or the dumming down of education in the US schools.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I love the over.the.top. reactions (not responses) of some. You know that the old exposed nerve took a direct hit. Hilarious.

Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:50 PM
My apologies to you then :)

Quoting jessilin0113:

I wasn't jumping on Roma, I was laughing at what I personally thought was an ironic post of gmas. I just couldn't edit the rest out.

Quoting Stephanie329:

Quoting jessilin0113:

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting Moniker:

Quoting Nighttiger:

Quoting romalove:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessilin0113
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this
No worries. :)

Quoting Stephanie329:

My apologies to you then :)

Quoting jessilin0113:

Quoting Stephanie329:

Quoting jessilin0113:

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting Moniker:

Quoting Nighttiger:

Quoting romalove:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Man, they were swift and nasty, and that one is just plain crazy.

Quoting Sisteract:

I love the over.the.top. reactions (not responses) of some. You know that the old exposed nerve took a direct hit. Hilarious.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I wish the powers that me would have let it be. That one has been digging a hole for a long, long time. It's sad really- there is real help out there.

Quoting Stephanie329:

Quoting Sisteract:

Separation of church and state is for the protection of BOTH church and state.
Leading with hate and intolerance only leads to MORE hate and intolerance.
RLT2
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:56 PM

I've seen worse on Bumper stickers.

Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:58 PM
I'm surprised I've never noticed her. The good thing about deleted responses is she'll eventually get blocked. The bad thing is, she could make an alt profile. However, I can imagine her style is pretty recognizable.
Quoting Sisteract:

I wish the powers that me would have let it be. That one has been digging a hole for a long, long time. It's sad really- there is real help out there.

Quoting Stephanie329:

Quoting Sisteract:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
incognito116
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:59 PM
2 moms liked this

Would you be as horrified if you saw a sticker like that about Palin, Romney or Bush?  Not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured