Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Went to Target today and saw these awful bumper stickers ...

Posted by   + Show Post

"Obama sucks" and right underneath it another that read," Michelle Blows". Off to the right a third that said " Have a great day, shoot an illegal"  

It really made me gasp. I don't think I've ever seen something so vulgar and hateful advertised on someone's vehicle. Then I went into the store and as I was passing babies on my way to children's clothing, two young ladies, who I would guess were in their early 20s, stopped me and asked, how many months is a one year old. No shit, I couldn't make this up. What is up with people? 

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:05 AM
Replies (41-50):
caito
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Ugh.

I've seen some very distasteful stickers around here. It's the south, it's to be expected. Do they think they're hilarious and witty when they put those up? There's a line when it comes to bumper stickers, and when you cross it...just no.

deadlights86
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:02 PM
3 moms liked this
Sounds like the same people that have truck nuts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:02 PM
2 moms liked this

How many months in a year ???  Were they....mentally handicapped?

Those bumper stickers are sick.I don't know what is happening nowdays either. Maybe its just that they are more willing to actually express their nasty thoughts? And in the past people kept quiet? There seems to be a lack of kindness and acceptance out there now. Scary people, too much violence and perverted people.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:04 PM

No doubt the people bearing such bumper stickers are proud to do so.

There are some things in life, and some people, we are meant to understand. *sigh*

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." ~ Maya Angelou

lga1965
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:04 PM

She saw bumper stickers on cars, not in Target but at first that's what I thought too! Target wouldn't sell crap like that.

Quoting romalove:

Where the heck do you shop in a Target that stocks such things???  I have a Target five minutes from my house and there are no such items to be had there.

lga1965
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:13 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting incognito116:

Would you be as horrified if you saw a sticker like that about Palin, Romney or Bush?  Not.

I WOULD! I don't care which party they belong to, I don't care who they are----I would be horrified to see bumper stickers like that insulting anyone. They are perverted, filthy and not at all funny and the language is really disgusting. Nobody deserves that kind of crap.

LadyBugMom09
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this
The only ones that are offensive are the Michelle one and the shoot an illegal one.

Obama sucks isn't that bad, and some people actually think he does.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Moniker
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Quoting incognito116:

Would you be as horrified if you saw a sticker like that about Palin, Romney or Bush?  Not.

You're funny. What other services do you offer? Tarot reading, palm reading, crystal balls? 

Moniker
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:20 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting LadyBugMom09:

The only ones that are offensive are the Michelle one and the shoot an illegal one.

Obama sucks isn't that bad, and some people actually think he does.

I agree with you. It wouldn't have been so bad if it was only that one. That is the one that caught my eye first and I didn't give it a second thought. Then I saw " Michelle blows" which I think is disgusting. There's no reason to be that vulgar and nasty. Then I saw the " Have a great day, shoot an illegal"  and it went from slightly rude, to nasty and vulgar, to despicable and a little out of his/her mind.

incognito116
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:20 PM

I'm have a first class bullshit monitor and it's going off like crazy on you!

Quoting Moniker:

Quoting incognito116:

You're funny. What other services do you offer? Tarot reading, palm reading, crystal balls? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN