Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Went to Target today and saw these awful bumper stickers ...

Posted by   + Show Post

"Obama sucks" and right underneath it another that read," Michelle Blows". Off to the right a third that said " Have a great day, shoot an illegal"  

It really made me gasp. I don't think I've ever seen something so vulgar and hateful advertised on someone's vehicle. Then I went into the store and as I was passing babies on my way to children's clothing, two young ladies, who I would guess were in their early 20s, stopped me and asked, how many months is a one year old. No shit, I couldn't make this up. What is up with people? 

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:05 AM
Replies (61-70):
lga1965
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I would so guess , by your response that you are a very young person....with a lack of class

Have a nice day.

Quoting godsgirl26:

I would so get *obama suck* sticker lol.

pampire
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:53 PM

The first one is kinda funny.  The second one is awful.

The baby clothes shoppers....they were probably hungover, childless friends of a new mom to be - and blondes.

Pumpkinbean
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Not really...your title says you went to target and saw these things. It's kind of off...I had to read it twice.

Quoting Moniker:

Yes, the part about the stickers being "on a vehicle" followed by " then I went into the store" should have been plain enough. 

Quoting Nighttiger:

I think she meant on a vehicle in the parking lot. At least, thats what I understood on the second read :)  If its in the store, Target has done a 180! :)

Quoting romalove:

Where the heck do you shop in a Target that stocks such things???  I have a Target five minutes from my house and there are no such items to be had there.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1Giovanni
by Becca on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:02 PM
3 moms liked this

Yes, I really think being mean and saying horrible things about anyone is terrible. 

Quoting incognito116:

Would you be as horrified if you saw a sticker like that about Palin, Romney or Bush?  Not.

Ziva65
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Quoting Stephanie329:

You just skimmed too?

:)

Quoting Ziva65:

Wow!  While I don't like Obama, that is really unacceptable. He's still the president, and this is a major chain store...I'm surprised at Target.

Oh- and do they just think that many of their shoppers can't read English? We have so many illegals here... I guess they'll just take there business to Walmart? Seems like a bad business choice all the way around. I guess anything for a buck? IDK.

As for the ladies :) well, either overwhelmed new moms, or our level of education has greatly declined :)

I think I'll go to Target for some entertainment :) Sounds interesting.

Yup- most of the time I don't read others' responses... :) (Not really interested.)

I didn't realize it was in the parking lot. I see that all the time on cars (to me, just shows their character and I pretty much ignore it.), I thought from the post they were sold in the store.

chrlstoncharmed
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:10 PM
4 moms liked this

It takes a real special POS to advocate shooting people for fun. Sick.

Quoting Moniker:

"Obama sucks" and right underneath it another that read," Michelle Blows". Off to the right a third that said " Have a great day, shoot an illegal"  

Ziva65
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Quoting lga1965:

The bumper stickers were ON CARS, not AT Target! LOL. But it seemed that way at first until I read it a few times and it became clear. Target would never sell ANY political bumper stickers and not these for sure!

Quoting Ziva65:

Wow!  While I don't like Obama, that is really unacceptable. He's still the president, and this is a major chain store...I'm surprised at Target.

Oh- and do they just think that many of their shoppers can't read English? We have so many illegals here... I guess they'll just take there business to Walmart? Seems like a bad business choice all the way around. I guess anything for a buck? IDK.

As for the ladies :) well, either overwhelmed new moms, or our level of education has greatly declined :)

I think I'll go to Target for some entertainment :) Sounds interesting.

I didn't quite get that at first :)

lga1965
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:14 PM

So true. All three bumper stickers kinda makes me think it was a person with real mental problems. And they probably own guns and wishes they could shoot someone......people are getting nuttier every day. ....sigh.......

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

It takes a real special POS to advocate shooting people for fun. Sick.

Quoting Moniker:

LoriKeet
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:28 PM
3 moms liked this
I think it's called freedom of speech!

personally I wouldn't risk having my car keyed by some unhinged Obama supporter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Healthystart30
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting glitterteaz:

that is a republican for ya

That's not right! Like there aren't some nutty democrats ?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN