Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

SESME STREET , GOVERMENT ISSUES ..KINDA LONG!

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:24 AM
  • 0 Replies

This has bothered me ever since I heard that mitt romney wants to "cut back" and take PBS kids off the air! This is not even right! If any president wants to cut back , mabey they should take a look at what their spending even (personally) . That has been a long running show that teaches postive academics to children !

Another thing that really bothers me , is that the STATES  WELFARE SYSTEM . Unfortunally I am one of those single moms that needs to use thoses reasources . I have recently went unemployed about two months ago and have been desperatly looking for a job ( now I have found one). The few times that I have gone into my WELFARE office , you see these parents with all there expensive name branded clothing,shoes,and bags ... I kno a few girls who have children , dont work (when they can) and they get everything handed to them. Yet the one who have held jobs,going to school to better themselves, and who HELP themselves get nothing!!! I really wish that my govneror TOM CORBET ( I suck at spelling lol so sorry about that ) would walk into this GOVERMENT OFFICE and see this and reevaluate his dicsion before he makes unnessassary cut backs! This is anothoer reason why this counrty is the way it is ... also the SOCIAL SERCUTIY  OFFICE ... they need to change there policy on how they determine people disabled. My mother and grandmother for instance recieves these benfits and both have had worked for along time ( there are issues with my mother that bother but that is another issue and non of my business) but women my age (25) sit around "collecting checks" because there kids cant talk or they are delayed in some way.... well they are not "disabled" its called WORK WITH YOUR CHILD/CHILDREN and get involved with agencies that will help them with there delays ... there called delays for a reason ,,meaning you can work with them and they will get better in time if you work with them .

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN