Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

People who value honesty should not be voting for Mitt Romney. The fact that people will still vote for him speaks volumes about them.

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:30 PM
  • 174 Replies
8 moms liked this

When did we, as a culture, become so accepting of lies?

Quote:

Paul Krugman Blasts Media Over Presidential Debate: Press Can't 'Handle Flat-Out Untruths' (VIDEO)

Paul Krugman hammered the media over its handling of the first presidential debate, specifically what he said was its failure to fact-check Mitt Romney.

President Obama's performance on Wednesday dominated the roundtable discussion on ABC News' "This Week" Sunday. Instead of piling criticism on Obama like other pundits, however, Krugman took aim at factual inaccuracies made by Romney during the debate. Watch his remarks at the 6:39 mark in the clip above.

"I don’t know whether to blame Lehrer or the president but it was kind of amazing cause Romney was not only saying things that are not true, he was saying things that his own campaign had previously said weren’t true," he said.

The Nobel Prize-winning economist alleged that Romney displayed "contempt" for the press and assumed that "the news media will not cover me on this. As long as I say it forcefully, they'll say I won."

"Oh, so you’re saying the press is against Obama now?” panelist Mary Matalin asked in disbelief.

“The press just doesn’t know how to handle flat-out untruths," he said.

Other members of the roundtable objected. James Carville said that Obama could have confronted Romney "on any number of issues" during the debate, while Peggy Noonan insisted that it was "the president's job" to correct Romney's inaccuracies. Jonathan Karl claimed that Obama was also "loose with the facts."

"No, those were minor compared with Romney’s," Krugman said, when Karl gave specific examples.

to see the accompanying video:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/07/paul-krugman-media-debate-reaction_n_1946360.html

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
futureshock
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:30 PM

b

u

m

p

Paperfishies
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:31 PM
10 moms liked this
When we as a nation put Obama in office. That's when.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
butlerro1013
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:33 PM
5 moms liked this

The GOP has already declared that facts are of no use to them in this election...

Cymbeline
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:35 PM
8 moms liked this

A majority of them do not believe that the things he said are untrue. Even when presented with evidence, they call it "Liberal bias".

It is what happens when you let the red or the blue cloud your judgment.

"What is a man, if chief good, and market of his time be but to sleep and feed? A beast, no more."  Hamlet

3gr8tKids
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:12 PM
3 moms liked this
The guy can lie with conviction -I'll give him that much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3gr8tKids
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this
So very true.

Quoting Cymbeline:

A majority of them do not believe that the things he said are untrue. Even with presented with evidence, they call it "Liberal bias".

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:18 PM
5 moms liked this

I guess that it doesn't matter --if he's running as a Republican, that's all they care about.

This has been happening for decades.

lga1965
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:20 PM
4 moms liked this

That is the part that is so frustrating. Its always "Liberal bias" ....everything can be discounted by blaming Liberals. Such a lame and dishonest way to think.

Quoting Cymbeline:

A majority of them do not believe that the things he said are untrue. Even with presented with evidence, they call it "Liberal bias".

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:21 PM
6 moms liked this

I can see why some are saying they feel the President should have been more forceful with Romney, calling him on the carpet, so to speak.  But I can also see why the President did not do this.

Winning the debate by being 'forceful' and rude, not to mention unprofessional, astounds me.  I don't care who was involved in the debate.

Being a smart ass does not always equal being as smart as you want people to believe you are.  Now, Romney is an intelligent man but he appeared less than with throwing around the attitude and fluffing his feathers rather than acting with some decorum, professionalism and candor.

Seems many people don't care about those things in a person.  That's cool.  That is on them, their choice.  I differ with those opinions.

TB78
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:22 PM
I believe that the lying has been going on for decades! That's why it's called "Mudslinging"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN