Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

People who value honesty should not be voting for Mitt Romney. The fact that people will still vote for him speaks volumes about them.

Posted by   + Show Post

When did we, as a culture, become so accepting of lies?

Quote:

Paul Krugman Blasts Media Over Presidential Debate: Press Can't 'Handle Flat-Out Untruths' (VIDEO)

Paul Krugman hammered the media over its handling of the first presidential debate, specifically what he said was its failure to fact-check Mitt Romney.

President Obama's performance on Wednesday dominated the roundtable discussion on ABC News' "This Week" Sunday. Instead of piling criticism on Obama like other pundits, however, Krugman took aim at factual inaccuracies made by Romney during the debate. Watch his remarks at the 6:39 mark in the clip above.

"I don’t know whether to blame Lehrer or the president but it was kind of amazing cause Romney was not only saying things that are not true, he was saying things that his own campaign had previously said weren’t true," he said.

The Nobel Prize-winning economist alleged that Romney displayed "contempt" for the press and assumed that "the news media will not cover me on this. As long as I say it forcefully, they'll say I won."

"Oh, so you’re saying the press is against Obama now?” panelist Mary Matalin asked in disbelief.

“The press just doesn’t know how to handle flat-out untruths," he said.

Other members of the roundtable objected. James Carville said that Obama could have confronted Romney "on any number of issues" during the debate, while Peggy Noonan insisted that it was "the president's job" to correct Romney's inaccuracies. Jonathan Karl claimed that Obama was also "loose with the facts."

"No, those were minor compared with Romney’s," Krugman said, when Karl gave specific examples.

to see the accompanying video:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/07/paul-krugman-media-debate-reaction_n_1946360.html

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:30 PM
Replies (61-70):
Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:34 PM

I'm deflecting? ummm lol...No, I'm being honest & I would think others would want to be too.  I'd rather keep things 'real'.  Facts are facts AtoZ.  But, people don't seem to care about 'facts'.  FACT:  Obama can't run on his record.  FACT:  Obama, in each of his yrs. as President, made things WORSE, not better.  FACT:  Obama won't change a thing IF he gets another 4 yrs., therefore things will get even worse.  Obama will go down to being one of the WORSE President ever.  Give him another 4 yrs., NO President in our lifetime will ever caught up to him being the WORSE President ever.  That's pretty bad if you ask me. 

But, you know what?  In some ways, I really don't care IF Obama wins.  In SOME ways I'd like to see him have another 4 yrs.  To show those that voted for him & ALL of the World, just what a joke America is & the people that lives here.  Give him another 4 yrs., to see him further destroy this Country.  To have MORE Americans living & proverty.  The crime rate will be SO high.  IF people want that....then they can have it as far as I'm concerned.

FACT: (to me & many others) Obama intended to bring America down.  He's succeeded so far.  Millions of people watched the debate AtoZ.  Romney clearly won the 1st debate, & many agrees.  End of story......Bring on the next debate now.  Ryan will CRUSH Biden...

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

You know AtoZ, the ending title of this post says "The fact that people will still vote for him SPEAKS VOLUMES ABOUT THEM".  So, since this title is talking about Romney, I would have to also say the same about Obama.  Fair is fair.  People want to talk about the 'supposedly' lies Romney has said, well let's also look at Obama's.  I just listed 5 of the WORSE lies, basically MOST of what Obama says is a lie IMO.  I'm not going to get into what it says about those that vote for Obama.  That would be a completely different post on it's on. 

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

The people that vote for Obama, speaks VOLUMES about them.  It's funny how people still don't like the fact that Romney CRUSHED Obama in the 1st debates.  It's quite obvious by all the posts we are seeing about Romney.  Talk about 'lies' Obama has been the BIGGEST of telling lies there is.  He has been our President for 3 1/2 yrs., so he already has had the time now to be called out for his lies.  Obama simply doesn't know what to do anymore.  He never did.  He can't run on his record.  So, what does he have?  Romney was just bringing that to the attention of the American people.  He did a GREAT job at that too :)  

10 mins. or so into the debates, people went online to reg. as a Rep.  The amount was double I believe is what I heard.  So, obviously Romney got people's attention.  :)  Can't wait for the Ryan/Biden debates!!!  Ryan is going to CRUSH Biden as well :)woohoo 

Please, do tell................what does it say about me that I am voting for Obama?

You are deflecting.

But that's okay.  

Perhaps you have learned something from Romney.

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:36 PM

That's cute Iga  :)  But, I still would rather have my dog on top of my roof, then having someone eat them.....

Quoting lga1965:

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Yeah & the way Obama lies?  He lies having a teleprompter, he lies singing......and all the other BS things he does...

Quoting nb34:

Romney has one amazing ability, he can lie with a straight face over and over and over again.

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:43 PM

We are not talking about how people did during the debate. We are talking about the fact that Mitt Romney lied nearly the entire time.

No one is arguing that President Obama did a fantastic job. We are pointing out that Mitt Romney lied nearly the whole entire time. And the points where he didn't lie, he was flip flopping, or evading any details about his plan.

And again-Making a promise and not being able to keep it is not the same as lying.

We can judge Mitt Romney on what he will or will not do (Well if he was consistent). But he is so inconsistent and changes his stance and opinion so often that it is not possible. So how you can think he would make any improvement when he is willing to change his stance, opinion and platform to accommodate whatever he needs to say to win how do you know what he will really do?

http://www.roboromney.com/

If Romney because President would he run the country will liberal/demoractic views? Will he run the country with his moderal viewpoints? Or will he stick with his conservative points?

Will he favor teachers and help them like he claimed during the debate? Or will he work against them like he said earlier?

Again. You listed what you felt were President Obama's 5 biggest lies and funny enough only one of them was actually a lie. One of those points -You- use a lie to pretend the truth is a lie. And in one of those points you leave out the rest of his sentence to make it look like a lie.

If those are his 5 biggest lies it compares in no way to the amount and to the degree that Romney lied at the Debate.

And speaking of just needing one lie for President Obama.

I will raise you 766 more lies.
http://www.ukprogressive.co.uk/the-monday-line-mitt-romney-the-767-lyin-king/article20268.html

That's how many times Mitt Romney has lied since he started his campaign.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

What you don't seem to understand Brooke, is Obama says these things, BUT he never intends on doing what he says he's going to do.  So, all your comments mean NOTHING.  It's excusing Obama's lies & the fact that he just DOESN'T have a clue on what to do.  That was clear in the debate, & all one has to do is see that look on Obama's face.  Look Brooke, almost EVERYONE knows (even his own party) knows Obama did horrible. 

When a Candidate SAYS this is what he's going to do, yet he once he's elected or re-elected he DOESN'T INTEND TO KEEP THOSE PROMISES, then to me it's a LIE!!  Romney, hasn't had the chance YET to be President.  So, no one can judge him on what he'll do or won't do.  JUDGE HIM AFTER he becomes President.  Just like the way at least HALF the Country has already judged Obama, that's why they aren't voting for him. 

Brooke, all I would have to do in order to NOT vote for Obama is just 1 of those lies he has told.  But, the fact Obama has no clue what to do with the Economy & getting Americans back to work, is WHY I'm not voting for him.  I CAN'T give him another 4 yrs., with what he already has done to first 3 1/2 yrs.  I'm now looking forward to Ryan CRUSHING Biden!!  woohoo

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quote:

1.  Said his plan would reduce the deficit by 4T.  It has already been 'fact-checked'& recognized even by the Liberals in mainstream media organizations. At the debate, Obama incrediby said "I've proposed a specific 4T deficit reduction plan.  The way we do it is $2.50 for every cut, we ask for $1 in additional revenue".  In the Wash. Post, even the Liberal Glen Kessler did not take Obama serious.  Writing "virtually" no serious budget analyst agreed with this accounting.
At least the details are there for his plan so people can look at it. Opposite Romney's plan where he says he will cute taxes 20% across the board and pay for it by closing tax loop holes (But not saying which ones) and close/slash government programs (But not saying which ones) and then refusing any analysis done on it.

If you are calling a projection a lie-Then Romney Lied the entire time as well about his plan. But even then President Obama stayed true to his plan. Romney on the other plan flipped flopped on his. Denying parts that he didn't want to talk about (Out right lying).

Quote:

2.  Obama falsely claimed Romney's plan would raise taxes on middle class families.  Obama on Tues., said under Romney's plan "The average middle class family with children would pay about 2K more.  But, The Associated Press agreed with studies the Romney campaign showed his plan WOULD NOT raise taxes on anyone.
Again-That's not a lie. He said based on a study from the Tax Policy Center. According to the study based on the Tax Policy Center it is true.

They conclude it would be impossible for Romney to meet all of his stated goals without shifting some of the tax burden from people who make more than 200,000 to people who make less.

And on the other hand you have the Romney campaign who -believe- (There is no proof for this but it is their hope) that their plans will stimuluate the economy enough to generate additional tax revenue without shifting any of the tax burden to the middle class. However, Congress doesn't use those kinds of projections when it estimates the effect of tax legislation.

And Romney has left us with no reason to "Just trust him" when it comes to taxes. Especially from someone who is hiding his own.

Quote:

3.  Obama said Obamacare would make healthcare premiums more affordable.  On Tues. Obama said 'factcheck.org' found "Obama wrongly said that over the last 2 yrs. healthcare premiums have "gone up slower than anytime in the last 50 yrs."  The L.A. Times discovered that Obama promise that he would "Cut family health Ins. premiums in his 1st term, stands as of the President's biggest unfilled promise. In fact the average employee share of an Employer provided health plan jumped from $3,515 09' to $4,316 in 2012, increase of more than 22%.  According to Kaiser.  Family coverage is $15,745 for which the Employee pays $4,300.
You understand the magnitude of this lie compared to that of Romney, right? Here we have President Obama trying to mirror the statement that Bill Clinton used during the DMC (Which tries to give credit to Obamacare) perhaps over exaggerating the truth.

But put that opposite of Romney's claim that half of the Green Companies helped by the Stimulus have failed when the data shows Only three out of Three dozen have gone bankrupt.

The last time I had this debate with a conservative they brought a list of 15 Green Companies that "failed" but they varied from the list of three dozen that borrowed and from companies part of a pool of 27,000 companies. And when I pointed out that 15 out of 27,033 companies is still not half and they dropped it.

Or you can look at when Romney said the medical board part of Obama's plan could determine what treatment or services are allowed when that is opposite of what the law says which strictly prohibits that. And even if it started happening via price reductions Congress is allowed to overturn the board and stop it from happening. So it is not allowed, and if it happened anyways it has a way to fix it.

See how these are both direct lies? Not exaggerations. But direct lies. I can keep going if you want. Or I can move onto all the times Romney flipped flopped on his own issues if you like.

Quote:

4.  Obama said he created 5M private sector jobs.  But, even Glenn Kessler, Wash. Post, said Obama was trying to "Obscure the fact that the overall job record so far in the Pres. term has been negative".
It's funny that you use a lie to try to prove President Obama lied. He statement is true-Well according to the numbers. And if you don't use the numbers that haven't been published yet and just go by what is currently out there he is sitting at 4.6 Million Private Sector jobs.

The funny part is I got that informationf rom http://factcheck.org/ that you linked earlier. Are you trying to Cherry Pick your information now?

Quote:

5.  Obama said Soc. Sec. is "structually sound"....Big Joke!!  Even the Liberal Andrea Mitchell, on MSNBC, cited a Congressional Budget office study that found Soc. Sec. would run into financial trouble.
I find it ironic that you leave out the part right after where he says it still needs to be tweaked. I think he was pointing out that he was not going to strap the idea of Social Security but it still needs to be worked on. But of course you wouldn't leave that part in, right?

Do you understand the difference between the kind of lies we are talking about, yet?

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

WinningWinning
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:43 PM

I had dog once, didn't care for it.

I put my dog in the bed of my truck  one time, he seemed to love it. 

Quoting Naturewoman4:

That's cute Iga  :)  But, I still would rather have my dog on top of my roof, then having someone eat them.....

Quoting lga1965:

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:43 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting Naturewoman4:

I'm deflecting? ummm lol...No, I'm being honest & I would think others would want to be too.  I'd rather keep things 'real'.  Facts are facts AtoZ.  But, people don't seem to care about 'facts'.  FACT:  Obama can't run on his record.  FACT:  Obama, in each of his yrs. as President, made things WORSE, not better.  FACT:  Obama won't change a thing IF he gets another 4 yrs., therefore things will get even worse.  Obama will go down to being one of the WORSE President ever.  Give him another 4 yrs., NO President in our lifetime will ever caught up to him being the WORSE President ever.  That's pretty bad if you ask me. 

But, you know what?  In some ways, I really don't care IF Obama wins.  In SOME ways I'd like to see him have another 4 yrs.  To show those that voted for him & ALL of the World, just what a joke America is & the people that lives here.  Give him another 4 yrs., to see him further destroy this Country.  To have MORE Americans living & proverty.  The crime rate will be SO high.  IF people want that....then they can have it as far as I'm concerned.

FACT: (to me & many others) Obama intended to bring America down.  He's succeeded so far.  Millions of people watched the debate AtoZ.  Romney clearly won the 1st debate, & many agrees.  End of story......Bring on the next debate now.  Ryan will CRUSH Biden...

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

You know AtoZ, the ending title of this post says "The fact that people will still vote for him SPEAKS VOLUMES ABOUT THEM".  So, since this title is talking about Romney, I would have to also say the same about Obama.  Fair is fair.  People want to talk about the 'supposedly' lies Romney has said, well let's also look at Obama's.  I just listed 5 of the WORSE lies, basically MOST of what Obama says is a lie IMO.  I'm not going to get into what it says about those that vote for Obama.  That would be a completely different post on it's on. 

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

The people that vote for Obama, speaks VOLUMES about them.  It's funny how people still don't like the fact that Romney CRUSHED Obama in the 1st debates.  It's quite obvious by all the posts we are seeing about Romney.  Talk about 'lies' Obama has been the BIGGEST of telling lies there is.  He has been our President for 3 1/2 yrs., so he already has had the time now to be called out for his lies.  Obama simply doesn't know what to do anymore.  He never did.  He can't run on his record.  So, what does he have?  Romney was just bringing that to the attention of the American people.  He did a GREAT job at that too :)  

10 mins. or so into the debates, people went online to reg. as a Rep.  The amount was double I believe is what I heard.  So, obviously Romney got people's attention.  :)  Can't wait for the Ryan/Biden debates!!!  Ryan is going to CRUSH Biden as well :)woohoo 

Please, do tell................what does it say about me that I am voting for Obama?

You are deflecting.

But that's okay.  

Some of your 'facts' have been proven to be anything other.  Not just on this topic.  Across the board.  You are more in to the pom poms and the party versus the reality.  There are a few things I agree with where Romney is concerned.  Not enough to trust the man but I am not so immersed in 'winning' versus 'losing' to wear blinders all the time.

You are so over the moon with Romney having 'won' this debate that I fear you have fallen off the wagon and hit your head.  There is so much more than the pom pom waiving.

You cannot see all around you, only straight ahead.  That is scary.

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." ~ Maya Angelou

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:44 PM

It's so funny once again, to hear people's jealousy over how well Romney did & how horrible Obama did.  I'm sorry but I have to keep laughing at all of this.  Being forceful is what Romney has to do, in order to get Obama out of office.  IF one doesn't get forceful, then the other person wins & will be the forceful one.  It suprises me how many here think that a Candidate doesn't see this.  laughing

Quoting Stephanie329:

Behavior of that manner normally (and rightfully) would be the fastest way to lose a debate. I'm astounded right along with you.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

I can see why some are saying they feel the President should have been more forceful with Romney, calling him on the carpet, so to speak.  But I can also see why the President did not do this.

Winning the debate by being 'forceful' and rude, not to mention unprofessional, astounds me.  I don't care who was involved in the debate.

Being a smart ass does not always equal being as smart as you want people to believe you are.  Now, Romney is an intelligent man but he appeared less than with throwing around the attitude and fluffing his feathers rather than acting with some decorum, professionalism and candor.

Seems many people don't care about those things in a person.  That's cool.  That is on them, their choice.  I differ with those opinions.

Pema_Jampa
by SxyTaco on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Would rather abuse a dog than eat it? LOL

How about leaving the dog alone altogether? 

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

You don't thing's look better?

How can you look at the facts and say things don't look better. And at the same time say other people don't look at the facts.

The facts are pointing to progress.

You do realize Mitt Romney want's to cut back on Police, right? How do you propose that Crime will be lowered by cutting back on the Police Force for Mitt Romney? Magic?

I think your last "Fact" just paints the real picture. You don't care about facts. You don't care about honesty. Which makes you a perfect follow of Mitt Romney who doesn't seem to care about facts, or honesty either.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

You are deflecting.

But that's okay.  

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:49 PM
3 moms liked this

NW- you have made it crystal clear over the last few months that you believe that Obama is a racist whose entire goal is to divide the country along racial lines. I do not think you need to post any more info regarding this election. Your POV is clear. You have blamed Obama for everything from T Martin's murder to your own personal hatred of others. No need to talk policies, budget the economy, the wars...why would those matter? If one thinks a candidate is a racist, that candidate should be off the table- Your choice is made. Move on- your approach will never sway anyone here. Like I said, crystal clear.

IYO, NW,  which race team does Obama play on/for?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)