Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

People who value honesty should not be voting for Mitt Romney. The fact that people will still vote for him speaks volumes about them.

Posted by   + Show Post

When did we, as a culture, become so accepting of lies?

Quote:

Paul Krugman Blasts Media Over Presidential Debate: Press Can't 'Handle Flat-Out Untruths' (VIDEO)

Paul Krugman hammered the media over its handling of the first presidential debate, specifically what he said was its failure to fact-check Mitt Romney.

President Obama's performance on Wednesday dominated the roundtable discussion on ABC News' "This Week" Sunday. Instead of piling criticism on Obama like other pundits, however, Krugman took aim at factual inaccuracies made by Romney during the debate. Watch his remarks at the 6:39 mark in the clip above.

"I don’t know whether to blame Lehrer or the president but it was kind of amazing cause Romney was not only saying things that are not true, he was saying things that his own campaign had previously said weren’t true," he said.

The Nobel Prize-winning economist alleged that Romney displayed "contempt" for the press and assumed that "the news media will not cover me on this. As long as I say it forcefully, they'll say I won."

"Oh, so you’re saying the press is against Obama now?” panelist Mary Matalin asked in disbelief.

“The press just doesn’t know how to handle flat-out untruths," he said.

Other members of the roundtable objected. James Carville said that Obama could have confronted Romney "on any number of issues" during the debate, while Peggy Noonan insisted that it was "the president's job" to correct Romney's inaccuracies. Jonathan Karl claimed that Obama was also "loose with the facts."

"No, those were minor compared with Romney’s," Krugman said, when Karl gave specific examples.

to see the accompanying video:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/07/paul-krugman-media-debate-reaction_n_1946360.html

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:30 PM
Replies (131-140):
Aislinn
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:31 PM

And Barry has been truthful with us? I mean, Mitt gives me a headache, but Barry has outright lied to this country, many times before, too. They all lie. To single one out seems absurd to me.

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:55 PM
this

Quoting Paperfishies:

When we as a nation put Obama in office. That's when.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting lga1965:

ha. ha. ha....sigh....  Did you find one with a dog on a spit over a pit?

We don't know how Obama's Daddy cooked the dog. Obama was just a little kid and probably doesn't remember. His daddy could have roasted it over a fire. Or put it in a brick oven. Or stewed it in a pot on the stove?

But, yes, I get what you are trying to say---that Obama has cooked  dogs. But he didn't . His daddy did. In foreign countries they cook different things. Surprise surprise.

Romney put his dog ON the car in a kennel and he knew exactly what he was doing. Dumb.Cruel.

lga1965
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Ad image

lga1965
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:30 PM

g-woman
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Let's see.  TheState Department hears about the Terrorism in Libya, the sodomizing and murder of the Ambassador and three other Americans and are TOLD it was Terrorism, the Obama administration comes up with a story that it all happened because of a YouTube video that came out in July.  Ten days later they give up on that lie and have to acknowledge the truth.  The lie was created because they wanted the American public to believe that Obama had a handle on foreign policy (another lie.)  Then it comes out that Ambassador Stephens had asked multiple times for additional security, but the Obama administration refused because the barbed wire and additional Marines would give an unfriendly impression to the world.  And you call Romney a liar?  Start looking at the facts!

grandmab125
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:24 PM

slapping foreheadAre you happy now, that you got all of that out?  You honestly don't understand sarcasm when you see it, do you?

grandma B

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:01 AM

I was wondering when someone would put up a thread on the Libya murders.  To me, this is the biggest story/lie that should be uncovered in the Obama's admin.  I hope that Romney sticks it to Obama in the next debate & see how he gets out of this one. 

The fact that Obama's Admin. had evidence of a terrorist attack.  Took him 14 days to even admit it was a terrorist attack.  Reminds of what happen at Ft. Hood, he considered that just a "work place violence".  Are you kidding me?  Corruption..Corruption...Corruption I say.  Then Obama just blamed a 'video'.  Our Ambassador, Stevens begged for more security.  He was denied.  He wanted a plane to get him out of there...he was denied.  Where was Obama?  Las Vegas.  Obama has failed on Foreign Policies & he has failed the American people.

Quoting g-woman:

Let's see.  TheState Department hears about the Terrorism in Libya, the sodomizing and murder of the Ambassador and three other Americans and are TOLD it was Terrorism, the Obama administration comes up with a story that it all happened because of a YouTube video that came out in July.  Ten days later they give up on that lie and have to acknowledge the truth.  The lie was created because they wanted the American public to believe that Obama had a handle on foreign policy (another lie.)  Then it comes out that Ambassador Stephens had asked multiple times for additional security, but the Obama administration refused because the barbed wire and additional Marines would give an unfriendly impression to the world.  And you call Romney a liar?  Start looking at the facts!

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:30 AM

That's for sure.  Obama has SO many things he will have to answer to.  I hope Romney brings them up in the next debates.  So, ALL of American will know.  Exposing Obama for all the lies he has told.  From the Fast & Furious to the killings in Libya.  I can't wait for the debate between Ryan and Biden.  Ryan will CRUSH Biden!!  Then, we'll have another victory!!! 

Quoting mustbeGRACE:

This post is a joke, right?

To call Mr. Obama a liar would be kind.....

He is a scummy person.

Period.

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Did I already answer this question?

The same can be said of Obama.  He's been flat out lying to us since before he took office.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN