Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

People who value honesty should not be voting for Mitt Romney. The fact that people will still vote for him speaks volumes about them.

Posted by   + Show Post

When did we, as a culture, become so accepting of lies?

Quote:

Paul Krugman Blasts Media Over Presidential Debate: Press Can't 'Handle Flat-Out Untruths' (VIDEO)

Paul Krugman hammered the media over its handling of the first presidential debate, specifically what he said was its failure to fact-check Mitt Romney.

President Obama's performance on Wednesday dominated the roundtable discussion on ABC News' "This Week" Sunday. Instead of piling criticism on Obama like other pundits, however, Krugman took aim at factual inaccuracies made by Romney during the debate. Watch his remarks at the 6:39 mark in the clip above.

"I don’t know whether to blame Lehrer or the president but it was kind of amazing cause Romney was not only saying things that are not true, he was saying things that his own campaign had previously said weren’t true," he said.

The Nobel Prize-winning economist alleged that Romney displayed "contempt" for the press and assumed that "the news media will not cover me on this. As long as I say it forcefully, they'll say I won."

"Oh, so you’re saying the press is against Obama now?” panelist Mary Matalin asked in disbelief.

“The press just doesn’t know how to handle flat-out untruths," he said.

Other members of the roundtable objected. James Carville said that Obama could have confronted Romney "on any number of issues" during the debate, while Peggy Noonan insisted that it was "the president's job" to correct Romney's inaccuracies. Jonathan Karl claimed that Obama was also "loose with the facts."

"No, those were minor compared with Romney’s," Krugman said, when Karl gave specific examples.

to see the accompanying video:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/07/paul-krugman-media-debate-reaction_n_1946360.html

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:30 PM
Replies (151-160):
lga1965
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Quoting candlegal:

This post made me laugh out loud.   We have a liar in chief for President yet no once seems to criticize him or call him out for it.

Please list and provide sources/proof of the"lies" that make him "Liar in Chief".

I can't wait....

batmansgirl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:13 AM
I like to get my information from WWW.factcheck.org.
But Obama supporters probably won't like it because he was inaccurate as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting batmansgirl:

I like to get my information from WWW.factcheck.org.
But Obama supporters probably won't like it because he was inaccurate as well.

I like to use Politifact.com myself.

Does factcheck.org keep a tally?

Obama's statements by ruling

Click on the ruling to see all of Obama's statements for that ruling.

Romney's statements by ruling

Click on the ruling to see all of Romney's statements for that ruling.

That's Obama at 71%True statements.
Romney at 57% True Statements.

Obama at a 2% Pants on Fire rating.
Romney at a 9% Pants on Fire rating.

Obama at 28% False Statements
Romney at 43% False Statements

And to point out the statistics of these numbers.

Total Fact Checks:
For Obama 431. Out of those only 7 were out right lies.
For Mitt Romney only 183. Out of those he already has 16 out right lies.

Sure you can say President Obama has had longer to have told the truth. But with Mitt's Romney tendency to lie left and right-I imagine if we gave him 4 more years of fact checking on his part the number of his lies would just grow as the pressure builds.

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Frontline Choice 2012- can be viewed on YouTube

NikiOcasio
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Yeap, and Mr. Obama himself is just soo honest and truthful about everything.. Give me a damn break. 

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Quoting NikiOcasio:

Yeap, and Mr. Obama himself is just soo honest and truthful about everything.. Give me a damn break. 

Obama's statements by ruling

Click on the ruling to see all of Obama's statements for that ruling.

Romney's statements by ruling

Click on the ruling to see all of Romney's statements for that ruling.

That's Obama at 71%True statements.
Romney at 57% True Statements.

Obama at a 2% Pants on Fire rating.
Romney at a 9% Pants on Fire rating.

Obama at 28% False Statements
Romney at 43% False Statements

And to point out the statistics of these numbers.

Total Fact Checks:
For Obama 431. Out of those only 7 were out right lies.
For Mitt Romney only 183. Out of those he already has 16 out right lies.

I would like to point out in 8 years President Obama has 7 out right lies under his belt.
Mitt Romney didn't enter the Fact check radar till the Primaries and he is already at 16 out right lies.

No one is saying Politicians don't lie.

We are just saying they normally don't lie with the Frequency or Degree of Mitt Romney's.

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

WinningWinning
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:01 AM
Romney is surging in the polls. Seems people are believing the lies.
ambermario4ever
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:03 AM
I will not be voting for Romney or Obama. They are both liars and will both put this country into further ruin.
meriana
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:26 AM

All politicians lie, exaggerate and at times stretch the truth (or lie) out to the point it's unrecognizable. It doesn't matter which party the person represents or if they don't represent any particular party. It's all about telling the people what they think they want to hear, telling them something to appease them, make them happy, make them feel good towards the candidate and like the person has their interests in mind....it's called "getting the vote" and nothing is off limits. People shouldn't vote according to whom they feel is lying more or less, they should be voting because they feel the person they are voting for will do the best or better job based, not just on what the candidate says at public campaign stops but on researching them and looking at how their known and stated policies will affect not only them but their kids, grandkids, etc., after all the decisions of current voters do affect later generations.

Yep Romney has lied nearly every time he has opened his mouth to say nothing of his penchant for sticking his foot in it but that's not why I won't vote for him. He loses my vote based on the things he wants to do, his policies which, from what I can see, are aimed at helping the very wealthy at the expense of everyone else.

Meadowchik
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:31 AM

How ironic, futureshock.  You use a link showing Krugman refer to Obama's "untruths" as "minor," while expecting us to share Krugman's outrage at Romney? 

What a joke.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured