Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

People who value honesty should not be voting for Mitt Romney. The fact that people will still vote for him speaks volumes about them.

Posted by   + Show Post

When did we, as a culture, become so accepting of lies?

Quote:

Paul Krugman Blasts Media Over Presidential Debate: Press Can't 'Handle Flat-Out Untruths' (VIDEO)

Paul Krugman hammered the media over its handling of the first presidential debate, specifically what he said was its failure to fact-check Mitt Romney.

President Obama's performance on Wednesday dominated the roundtable discussion on ABC News' "This Week" Sunday. Instead of piling criticism on Obama like other pundits, however, Krugman took aim at factual inaccuracies made by Romney during the debate. Watch his remarks at the 6:39 mark in the clip above.

"I don’t know whether to blame Lehrer or the president but it was kind of amazing cause Romney was not only saying things that are not true, he was saying things that his own campaign had previously said weren’t true," he said.

The Nobel Prize-winning economist alleged that Romney displayed "contempt" for the press and assumed that "the news media will not cover me on this. As long as I say it forcefully, they'll say I won."

"Oh, so you’re saying the press is against Obama now?” panelist Mary Matalin asked in disbelief.

“The press just doesn’t know how to handle flat-out untruths," he said.

Other members of the roundtable objected. James Carville said that Obama could have confronted Romney "on any number of issues" during the debate, while Peggy Noonan insisted that it was "the president's job" to correct Romney's inaccuracies. Jonathan Karl claimed that Obama was also "loose with the facts."

"No, those were minor compared with Romney’s," Krugman said, when Karl gave specific examples.

to see the accompanying video:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/07/paul-krugman-media-debate-reaction_n_1946360.html

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:30 PM
Replies (161-170):
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:14 PM

I agree with this. However, using this approach, it would be hard to see how anyone would vote for either of these 2 candidates. They both have said one thing and then policies produced have been different.

I guess MR is showing signs of currently being in a more conservative phase. If elected, will he morph to the center?  Hard to know who will get the most screwed by each of these candidates.

I cringe when I hear MR stumping for relief for the middle class- 

Define middle class, Mitt.

Quoting meriana:

All politicians lie, exaggerate and at times stretch the truth (or lie) out to the point it's unrecognizable. It doesn't matter which party the person represents or if they don't represent any particular party. It's all about telling the people what they think they want to hear, telling them something to appease them, make them happy, make them feel good towards the candidate and like the person has their interests in mind....it's called "getting the vote" and nothing is off limits. People shouldn't vote according to whom they feel is lying more or less, they should be voting because they feel the person they are voting for will do the best or better job based, not just on what the candidate says at public campaign stops but on researching them and looking at how their known and stated policies will affect not only them but their kids, grandkids, etc., after all the decisions of current voters do affect later generations.

Yep Romney has lied nearly every time he has opened his mouth to say nothing of his penchant for sticking his foot in it but that's not why I won't vote for him. He loses my vote based on the things he wants to do, his policies which, from what I can see, are aimed at helping the very wealthy at the expense of everyone else.

Separation of church and state is for the protection of BOTH church and state.
Leading with hate and intolerance only leads to MORE hate and intolerance.
tooptimistic
by Kelly on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:48 PM

If you are looking for a truthful candidate, Obama isn't your guy either.  A very very long list of flat out Obama lies.

http://www.audacityofhypocrisy.com/fashion-shows/

The lie that made the maddest.. and totally changed my opionion of Obama..

I cannot guarantee that those checks go out on August 3rd if we haven’t resolved this issue. Because there may simply not be the money in the coffers to do it.
American.com

What kind of man scares old people?? Who does that??  He knew that was a flat LIE as it was coming out of his mouth.  That was the day I lost all respect for Obama.  It truely showed he didn't have a rats butt about us.

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:45 PM
No, you have not answered my question. My point is soaring so far over your head it is not even funny at this point.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

If you can repeat your question after I answer it. I can repeat my answer to the question.

How can you post that. And follow it with, "Well gee, sure the guy I

support lies a LOT but sometimes the other guy lies too so its all

good"????

Again-I never said lying is okay. Especially during a

debate. And Especially to the degree and amount that Romney used. That

is not saying lying is okay in small amounts. That is not saying

Democrats don't lie. That is just saying that Romney really takes the

cake when it comes to lying and to the degree he is willing to lie.

That doesn't mean it's okay for everyone to lie, and that doesn't mean Democrats never lie-Understand?

I
guess you didn't understand. I never said President Obama has never
told a lie. In fact even in this Topic when Naturewomen posted
President' Obama's "5 Biggest Lies" that one of them was actually a lie.

Heck-The last sentence of my Post says Democrats lie.

What i am saying is the extent, ferocity and complete abandon for truth that Romney uses with his lies is over the top.

http://www.ukprogressive.co.uk/the-monday-line-mitt-romney-the-767-lyin-king/article20268.html

767 Lies is a LOT of lies. That's more than 2 lies per day.

Again-I am not saying that no one else lies. I am saying that the Extreme Romney takes it-Is Extreme. Anybody who is willing to tell people in Private one thing, and then tell people in Public something completely different, who is willingly to openly and blatantly lie to the public repeatedly.

Again. I am not saying no one lies. I am just saying there should be more than lies to someone.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Repeating your last post is not an answer. How many liew each has toldis subjective. ARE YOU voting for a man other people say is LIAR or not, it is a simple question. Go read the subject of this thread again.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

good"????

That doesn't mean it's okay for everyone to lie, and that doesn't mean Democrats never lie-Understand?

I guess you didn't understand. I never said President Obama has never told a lie. In fact even in this Topic when Naturewomen posted President' Obama's "5 Biggest Lies" that one of them was actually a lie.

What i am saying is the extent, ferocity and complete abandon for truth that Romney uses with his lies is over the top.

http://www.ukprogressive.co.uk/the-monday-line-mitt-romney-the-767-lyin-king/article20268.html

http://www.roboromney.com/

You having him covering every issue as a Liberal, Moderal, or Conservative.

Again-I am not saying that no one else lies. I am saying that the Extreme Romney takes it-Is Extreme.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

So you arent voting FOR Obama, then, because he is ALSO a liar, right? Because the premise of the thread is how can people still vote for Romney even though he is, like all poloticians, a liar. And yet those touting that position are ALSO voting for a liar. Sink in yet?

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quote:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Hoky fuck, your defense is "well gee, sure the guys I support lies but the other guy lies more so its all good"????

How can you post that. And follow it with, "Well gee, sure the guy I support lies a LOT but sometimes the other guy lies too so its all good"????

Again-I never said lying is okay. Especially during a debate. And Especially to the degree and amount that Romney used. That is not saying lying is okay in small amounts. That is not saying Democrats don't lie. That is just saying that Romney really takes the cake when it comes to lying and to the degree he is willing to lie.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Your body of work speaks for itself, dear, but play innocent if that is what floats your boat. The FACT is that Obama/Dems are liars, too, and yet the only lies YOU ever to point out are Romey's/Repubs

Quoting brookiecookie87:

You are making a bunch of assumptions here that are wrong

I -Never- said lying is okay.
I -NEVER- said we should accept being lied to.

We are pointing out that Mitt Romney lied nearly the entire Debate. You chime in with all Politicians lie.

I was pointing out that no one ever said Politicians don't lie. Or that no Democrats has ever lied.

We are just pointing out the degree and the amount of lies Mitt Romney has been using. This doesn't mean, "Everyone lies and it's okay-Lets just accept it".

This is us pointing out his lying is out of Control. This is us -NOT- accepting it.

YOU are the one coming in here trying to say, "Politicians are liars. For Bobs sake STOP acting like Dems are little angels of truth and fucking morality"

I was just pointing out that Mitt Romney lies are exceeding that of most Politicians in numbers and in the degree of the lie.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Hoky fuck, your defense is "well gee, sure the guys I support lies but the other guy lies more so its all good"????

Here is an idea, how about we stop accepting being lied to and people like you and your Repub counterparts STOP DEFENDING the lies with "but but but the OTHER guy" bullshit.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Politicians are liars. For Bobs sake STOP acting like Dems are little angels of truth and fucking morality.

No one is saying Politicians don't lie. And no one is saying Democrats are all little angels.

We are just saying the degree to which they lie and the amount is not nearly as high as Mitt Romney does.

I believe he is at 767 lies this campaign. That is more than two lies a day.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoriKeet
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:08 PM

...of the 47% who don't pay income tax, low income families and children make up 30% of the pie!  That is FAR too many!

Perhaps had Obama actually focused on the ECONOMY and stimuluating job growth, not lining the pockets of, adn appointing those who got him elected, the economy WOULD have corrected itself, and Obama would be sitting pretty!  But noooooooooooo....his ego got the best of him and it is 54% of Americans who will pay the hefty price tag.

Courtesy of NPR

Who Does and Doesn't Pay Income Tax?

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting LoriKeet:

The fact that people will vote again for Obama shows they haven't learned a damn thing in the last four years or they are among the 47% who don't pay income tax!

I love when people believe their opinions of others are 'fact'.

"It is not our job to protect the people from the consequences of their political choices."

~Chief Justice John Roberts
brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Quote:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

So you arent voting FOR Obama, then, because he is ALSO a liar, right? Because the premise of the thread is how can people still vote for Romney even though he is, like all poloticians, a liar. And yet those touting that position are ALSO voting for a liar. Sink in yet?
I keep refuting your point. But you can keep ignoring it if you want. But I will continue to repeat my answer.

NO one is claiming that all Politicians tell the truth 100% of the time. Everyone here agrees that Politicians lie from time to time.

The Premise of the Thread is not, "Romney has lied once or twice, Don't vote for him".

The Premise of this Thread is, "Romney lies extremely often and to a high degree-How can you still be willing to vote for him?"

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

No, you have not answered my question. My point is soaring so far over your head it is not even funny at this point.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

If you can repeat your question after I answer it. I can repeat my answer to the question.

good"????

I

Again-I am not saying that no one else lies. I am saying that the Extreme Romney takes it-Is Extreme. Anybody who is willing to tell people in Private one thing, and then tell people in Public something completely different, who is willingly to openly and blatantly lie to the public repeatedly.

Again. I am not saying no one lies. I am just saying there should be more than lies to someone.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Repeating your last post is not an answer. How many liew each has toldis subjective. ARE YOU voting for a man other people say is LIAR or not, it is a simple question. Go read the subject of this thread again.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

good"????

I guess you didn't understand. I never said President Obama has never told a lie. In fact even in this Topic when Naturewomen posted President' Obama's "5 Biggest Lies" that one of them was actually a lie.

Again-I am not saying that no one else lies. I am saying that the Extreme Romney takes it-Is Extreme.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quote:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

How can you post that. And follow it with, "Well gee, sure the guy I support lies a LOT but sometimes the other guy lies too so its all good"????

Again-I never said lying is okay. Especially during a debate. And Especially to the degree and amount that Romney used. That is not saying lying is okay in small amounts. That is not saying Democrats don't lie. That is just saying that Romney really takes the cake when it comes to lying and to the degree he is willing to lie.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Your body of work speaks for itself, dear, but play innocent if that is what floats your boat. The FACT is that Obama/Dems are liars, too, and yet the only lies YOU ever to point out are Romey's/Repubs

Quoting brookiecookie87:

We are pointing out that Mitt Romney lied nearly the entire Debate. You chime in with all Politicians lie.

I was pointing out that no one ever said Politicians don't lie. Or that no Democrats has ever lied.

We are just pointing out the degree and the amount of lies Mitt Romney has been using. This doesn't mean, "Everyone lies and it's okay-Lets just accept it".

This is us pointing out his lying is out of Control. This is us -NOT- accepting it.

YOU are the one coming in here trying to say, "Politicians are liars. For Bobs sake STOP acting like Dems are little angels of truth and fucking morality"

I was just pointing out that Mitt Romney lies are exceeding that of most Politicians in numbers and in the degree of the lie.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Here is an idea, how about we stop accepting being lied to and people like you and your Repub counterparts STOP DEFENDING the lies with "but but but the OTHER guy" bullshit.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Politicians are liars. For Bobs sake STOP acting like Dems are little angels of truth and fucking morality.

No one is saying Politicians don't lie. And no one is saying Democrats are all little angels.

We are just saying the degree to which they lie and the amount is not nearly as high as Mitt Romney does.

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:32 PM
And the POINT that keepa escaping you is that people think the same about OBAMA. BOTH men are liars who will get votes. You keep defendingit by whining that Romney lies MORE but that is your opinion and the opinion of your biased websites. Others believe Obama has lied more OR that Obama's lies have been and are worse for the fate of our nation and that is their opinion and the opinionof their biased websites. Comprende yet?

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quote:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

I keep refuting your point. But you can keep ignoring it if you want. But I will continue to repeat my answer.

NO one is claiming that all Politicians tell the truth 100% of the time. Everyone here agrees that Politicians lie from time to time.

The Premise of the Thread is not, "Romney has lied once or twice, Don't vote for him".

The Premise of this Thread is, "Romney lies extremely often and to a high degree-How can you still be willing to vote for him?"

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

good"????

I

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

good"????

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quote:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Because that's simply not truth.

Just because something is from a Bias website doesn't make it wrong. If a Far Left or Far Right website post 1+2=3. Being from a bias site doesn't make it wrong.

Just because someone from a bias website has counted 767 lies doesn't make it wrong. Do you think a conservative would count Mitt Romney's lies?

But even looking at a Fact Checking website shows what I am talking about.

For example. Check out PolitiFacts.com

Obama's statements by ruling

Click on the ruling to see all of Obama's statements for that ruling.

Romney's statements by ruling

Click on the ruling to see all of Romney's statements for that ruling.

That's Obama at 71%True statements.
Romney at 57% True Statements.

Obama at a 2% Pants on Fire rating.
Romney at a 9% Pants on Fire rating.

Obama at 28% False Statements
Romney at 43% False Statements

And to point out the statistics of these numbers.

Total Fact Checks:
For Obama 431. Out of those only 7 were out right lies.
For Mitt Romney only 183. Out of those he already has 16 out right lies.

I would like to point out in 8 years President Obama has 7 out right lies under his belt.
Mitt Romney didn't enter the Fact check radar till the Primaries and he is already at 16 out right lies.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

And the POINT that keepa escaping you is that people think the same about OBAMA. BOTH men are liars who will get votes. You keep defendingit by whining that Romney lies MORE but that is your opinion and the opinion of your biased websites. Others believe Obama has lied more OR that Obama's lies have been and are worse for the fate of our nation and that is their opinion and the opinionof their biased websites. Comprende yet?

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quote:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

good"????

I

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

good"????

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quote:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:03 PM
You are still missing my point. You are so blinded by partisan bullshit that talking to you is futile.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Just because something is from a Bias website doesn't make it wrong. If a Far Left or Far Right website post 1+2=3. Being from a bias site doesn't make it wrong.

Just because someone from a bias website has counted 767 lies doesn't make it wrong. Do you think a conservative would count Mitt Romney's lies?

Total Fact Checks:

I would like to point out in 8 years President Obama has 7 out right lies under his belt.
Mitt Romney didn't enter the Fact check radar till the Primaries and he is already at 16 out right lies.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quote:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

good"????

I

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

good"????

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quote:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:06 PM

No-I see what you are trying to say.

I am just saying you were wrong. Even if we were going to play the, "Both parties say that". Whether we are looking at Factual Lies or made up Lies-Mitt Romney has all the Politicians beat.

And if your whole entire point was, "They will say that about Democrats/Obama too". Well Yeah. That's where pointing at examples and numbers come in. That's where defending statements (if they can be defended) comes in.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

You are still missing my point. You are so blinded by partisan bullshit that talking to you is futile.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Total Fact Checks:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quote:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

good"????

I

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

good"????

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quote:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

lga1965
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:17 PM

He tried......but......

Quoting LoriKeet:

...of the 47% who don't pay income tax, low income families and children make up 30% of the pie!  That is FAR too many!

Perhaps had Obama actually focused on the ECONOMY and stimuluating job growth, not lining the pockets of, adn appointing those who got him elected, the economy WOULD have corrected itself, and Obama would be sitting pretty!  But noooooooooooo....his ego got the best of him and it is 54% of Americans who will pay the hefty price tag.

Courtesy of NPR

Who Does and Doesn't Pay Income Tax?

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting LoriKeet:

The fact that people will vote again for Obama shows they haven't learned a damn thing in the last four years or they are among the 47% who don't pay income tax!

I love when people believe their opinions of others are 'fact'.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured