Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:16 PM
Replies (21-27):
cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:58 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting cjsbmom:

And the Dems do not have enough of a majority in the Senate to fillibuster proof anything they try to pass there. What part of that do you not understand? Clearly, all of it, because you sound like a broken record, repeating that you know what cloture is. Glad you know what that is. Now go educate yourself on what a fillibuster is.

Quoting grandmab125:

I understand exactly what cloture is.  And it is not a procedure used in the Congress.  It is only used in the Senate, which is what I said in the first place.

Filibusters and cloture are always used by the minority in the Senate.  If you'll notice, when the republicans held both houses, they got a lot done.  In fact, they dropped off after the Clinton admin.  And gee, surprise, I am fully aware of what a filibuster is too.  Maybe if Obama was doing his job and working with the Senate and Congress something would get done.  Harry Reid is just as uncompromising as Obama.

Oh please. Obama tried working with both parties. The Repubs announced from day 1 of his presidency that they were going to do what they could to hold up every  bill the man tried to have passed. Congress is full of immature babies that need to lose their jobs, period.

timeforprogress
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:20 AM
Recently they did it with the Veterans job bill which would have passed with a 58 to 42 vote. That's just plain disgusting that they aren't even willing to help Veterans that they had no problem voting to send to WAR.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grandmab125
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Quoting cjsbmom:

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting cjsbmom:

And the Dems do not have enough of a majority in the Senate to fillibuster proof anything they try to pass there. What part of that do you not understand? Clearly, all of it, because you sound like a broken record, repeating that you know what cloture is. Glad you know what that is. Now go educate yourself on what a fillibuster is.

Quoting grandmab125:

I understand exactly what cloture is.  And it is not a procedure used in the Congress.  It is only used in the Senate, which is what I said in the first place.

Filibusters and cloture are always used by the minority in the Senate.  If you'll notice, when the republicans held both houses, they got a lot done.  In fact, they dropped off after the Clinton admin.  And gee, surprise, I am fully aware of what a filibuster is too.  Maybe if Obama was doing his job and working with the Senate and Congress something would get done.  Harry Reid is just as uncompromising as Obama.

Oh please. Obama tried working with both parties. The Repubs announced from day 1 of his presidency that they were going to do what they could to hold up every  bill the man tried to have passed. Congress is full of immature babies that need to lose their jobs, period.

Oh please.  Obama hasn't done squat.

grandma B

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:16 PM

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/magazine/march_april_2012/features/obamas_top_50_accomplishments035755.php

Those are just the top 50. The full list has over 300 things on it. But hey...he didn't do squat while in office. *eyeroll*

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting cjsbmom:

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting cjsbmom:

Quoting grandmab125:

Oh please.  Obama hasn't done squat.

yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Quoting Sisteract:

But that's an essential part of the game, and the reason for having all those pricey lobbyists.

I do agree with your point though.

Quoting yourspecialkid:

Perhaps they should just stick with what the bill is for and skip all the add ons...that is usually where they lose the votes. 

LOL..and sigh at the same time!  The only good thing I can think of about lobbyists...is they PROBABLY pay taxes!

yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Quoting cjsbmom:

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting cjsbmom:

Quoting grandmab125:

....remind me again which party it was that actually changed the locks...literally locking the other out of the discussion....oh nevermind...I remember now...it was the DEMOCRATS...that is not exactly being willing to work together now is it?

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Quoting yourspecialkid:

Quoting cjsbmom:

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting cjsbmom:

Quoting grandmab125:

....remind me again which party it was that actually changed the locks...literally locking the other out of the discussion....oh nevermind...I remember now...it was the DEMOCRATS...that is not exactly being willing to work together now is it?

Which is why I said the part I highlighted in red above. Congress, unless I'm mistaken, consists of more than just Repubs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured