Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Is it just me or is it quiet in here lately? Where is everyone?

Posted by   + Show Post

Is there some other group or groups where people have been lately?

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:51 PM
Replies (31-40):
lga1965
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:53 AM

True. Unfortunately.

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

It's more than awful. I'd say it's hell itself.

Quoting rfurlongg:

That sounds awful.

Quoting Euphoric:

I think a lot of people have been in the Elections group since the debate. Not me though. I tried that place a while back, and the women are just out right nasty to each other. Much worse than here.

punky3175
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:59 AM
2 moms liked this
Sick of all the political posts so I try posting other stuff that doesn't get much attention. Plus I have a new position at work so I don't have time to play on CM during the day. When holidays roll around and election is over I'll probably post more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
radioheid
by Libertarian on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I normally post on weekdays. I baby-sit for my sister while she works, and CM gives me something to do while her 2 kids eat, nap and watch PBS (the devil, right Romney?). Otherwise, I have little interest in CM or this group. Same political fights, same bible-thumping morons, all very predictable. I'm thinking it just might be time to move on to another site.

"Roger that. Over."

R   A   D    I    O    H    E    I    D

Lizardannie1966
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:31 AM

I still pop-in several times a day if I am online.

But it is true--the political posts have really taken over here. It's to be expected, though.

The topic itself doesn't bother me. I can pick and choose which ones I wish to respond to. However, it's some of the responses that have just gotten to be too much. It's not just one political party or fraction of this group (the "Bible thumpers"), either. It's from all sides.

I guess I should be come nastier to and take it all--the political topics--more seriously than I do now.

stringtheory
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:44 AM
I have finals this week and have been working on a paper last week... And I'm about to go on leave, so I've been cramming stuff in at work, too (particularly, I'm compiling my list of desired units for transfer next summer; nervewracking!).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
futureshock
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:22 PM

yikes!

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Quoting rfurlongg:

That sounds awful.

Quoting Euphoric:

I think a lot of people have been in the Elections group since the debate. Not me though. I tried that place a while back, and the women are just out right nasty to each other. Much worse than here.

Pema_Jampa
by SxyTaco on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:23 PM

I saw you joined. Good luck to you. I will send you a pair of brass balls.

Quoting futureshock:

yikes!

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Quoting rfurlongg:

That sounds awful.

Quoting Euphoric:

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:26 PM

She's gonna need them.  I am struggling making my quota in that group.  It is just so hateful. 

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

I saw you joined. Good luck to you. I will send you a pair of brass balls.

Quoting futureshock:

yikes!

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Quoting rfurlongg:

That sounds awful.

Quoting Euphoric:

Pema_Jampa
by SxyTaco on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Hey peanut I left my job in there. I am working in the group "In the bedroom" now. I'd love for you girls to come class it up in there a bit. Help?

WinningWinning
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Quoting Euphoric:

Quoting futureshock:

Quoting Euphoric:

Sounds scary!!!

It's pretty bad. There's no such thing as a good healthy debate there. Just a bunch of , 'I know you are but what am I ' nana nana boo boo bull shit.

I scouted a few groups that was one of them. I went in, looked around for about 5 minutes and left.

That place is out of control. 

Something should be done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN