Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

NickJr - Goes NickMom --- so inappropriate!

My kids love to watch NickJr.  I think it's great programming - "it's like preschool on TV"

Tonight after the kids were in bed I discovered NickMom - Basically it was a "mom comedian"

In a short 90 seconds what I heard was HILARIOUS but not suitable for NickJr!!!!   I'm sorry but Boobs and Ass are not words I wish to hear on NickJr.

A few minutes later I thought I'd give it another shot - new comedian talking about her stripper name and giving lap dances.  I literally LOL'd 

But NOT appropriate for NickJr!!!!!  It aires from 10pm - 2am.  So it will not be seen by children, it's not meant to be seen by children.  But I just feel this was a poor choice by Nickeloden.  It makes me wonder what other poor choices they will be making.

How do you feel?

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:57 PM
Replies (101-108):
fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:43 PM
I do!!

Quoting AlekD:

No cable here. Our TV is used very sparingly and never when my kid is awake. Who needs it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chalyn79
by New Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:36 AM

I was so outraged that this crap comes on at 7pm for me and as early as 4pm for other parents.  It's downright criminal.  I keep hearing some people say no big deal put in a dvd but why should we have to.  It's a Educational Pre-School Channel why should kids have to vacate it for the very few to watch inappropiate programming.  If they want to have a NIck Mom great fine, but just put it on another channel, is that too much to ask.  I like so many other parents pay our cable companies extra just to have Nick Jr, and now I can't even let my son watch it. The logic of the people behind Nick Mom on Nick Jr is completely mind boggling.  The stuff that airs on those shows is insane cursing, sex talk, making fun of disable children, making jokes about kidnapping kids, and comments with pedophilia overtures. You may like Nick Mom and may be one of the few who finds it funny, but I ask you honestly does this really belong on a PreSchool channel?

happy2bmommy937
by New Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Quoting chalyn79:

I was so outraged that this crap comes on at 7pm for me and as early as 4pm for other parents.  It's downright criminal.  I keep hearing some people say no big deal put in a dvd but why should we have to.  It's a Educational Pre-School Channel why should kids have to vacate it for the very few to watch inappropiate programming.  If they want to have a NIck Mom great fine, but just put it on another channel, is that too much to ask.  I like so many other parents pay our cable companies extra just to have Nick Jr, and now I can't even let my son watch it. The logic of the people behind Nick Mom on Nick Jr is completely mind boggling.  The stuff that airs on those shows is insane cursing, sex talk, making fun of disable children, making jokes about kidnapping kids, and comments with pedophilia overtures. You may like Nick Mom and may be one of the few who finds it funny, but I ask you honestly does this really belong on a PreSchool channel?

I could not agree more!  I found bits and pieces of the program funny but why on NickJr.  Kids learn by example - what type of example is NickJr setting by having this on their programming.  I pay way too much for my cable to not be able to trust Nick Jr.  Nick Jr!  Of all the channels that I assume are safe this would be my top bet!

white_wolf454
by Member on Oct. 19, 2012 at 5:03 PM

it airs at 7pm in Ca and my son looked at me and asked where was dora i let him watch one 30min show before bed sorta like a way to get him to calm down while i get his younger sister down . but it broke my heart 

GoddessNDaRuff
by Silver Member on Oct. 19, 2012 at 5:11 PM

I turned off my cable too soon. Damn. I like that they tried to cater to parents but umm yea when the kids are in bed Nick Jr is the LAST channel that is going to be on that TV so I would have never seen it.

UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Oct. 19, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Criminal?!?

Nobody is stopping you from turning the tv.

Quoting chalyn79:

OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Oct. 19, 2012 at 5:22 PM

If you don't want to watch it, then don't watch.  If you don't want your children to watch it, turn the channel.  Easy enough.

wowguildmomma
by Member on Oct. 19, 2012 at 5:28 PM

I was so mad when they did this. My kids always watched pocoyo before bed and now it threw a wrench in the bedtime routine and with 3 kids diagnosed with Autism it isn't fun when someone throws a change at them. makes me wish my cable company carried the new disney junior channel. but nope just stuck with crappy nick channels. Grrrrrrr

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN