Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NickJr - Goes NickMom --- so inappropriate!

My kids love to watch NickJr.  I think it's great programming - "it's like preschool on TV"

Tonight after the kids were in bed I discovered NickMom - Basically it was a "mom comedian"

In a short 90 seconds what I heard was HILARIOUS but not suitable for NickJr!!!!   I'm sorry but Boobs and Ass are not words I wish to hear on NickJr.

A few minutes later I thought I'd give it another shot - new comedian talking about her stripper name and giving lap dances.  I literally LOL'd 

But NOT appropriate for NickJr!!!!!  It aires from 10pm - 2am.  So it will not be seen by children, it's not meant to be seen by children.  But I just feel this was a poor choice by Nickeloden.  It makes me wonder what other poor choices they will be making.

How do you feel?

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:57 PM
Replies (41-50):
parentalrights1
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:47 AM
2 moms liked this
Doesn't sound any different than adult swim on cartoon network
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Faye-Tula
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Was it the actual Nick Jr. channel? Because I don't think I've seen that on the specific Nick Jr. channel. 

If you need something late at night, there is the Disney Junior channel. It's just like when they do Disney Jr. in the morning on the regular Disney channel but it's 24/7. Plus, there's no commercials for random products.

TerriAnne2606
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:02 AM

It's after the kids should be in bed - with no TV - so not worried about it. 

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:19 AM
2 moms liked this

Whether it's going to be seen by children or not, it's inappropriate to feature it on a children's channel.

This is just one of many reasons why we no longer have cable in this house.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I can understand why some don't find it appropriate on a children's network.

However, kids should not be sitting in front of the television at the time this show comes on.  If they are, there are other channels to put it on or stick in a DVD that is appropriate for them.

Ratings bring in money which keeps the network going. Seems they may need to add to the ratings and are hoping to catch the adults whose children watch the station during the day.

MrsSamMerlotte
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:26 AM
Thats what I said, until my dd was incredibly sick at 3 and she was up on and off watching nick jr into all hours of the night.

Quoting tiffyhamm:

Don't really care. Your preschooler shouldn't be up at ten at night anyways.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baileymarie723
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:39 AM
I don't think it is a big deal. They air it at night when kids "should" be in bed, snd they do it so mom's can get a little humor. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but I did see some commercials and I thought it was funny. I personally think Nick made a good choice in doing Nickmom because it shows they recognize mom's for allowing their child to watch their programming.
baileymarie723
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:43 AM
These are my thoughts exactly.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

I can understand why some don't find it appropriate on a children's network.

However, kids should not be sitting in front of the television at the time this show comes on.  If they are, there are other channels to put it on or stick in a DVD that is appropriate for them.

Ratings bring in money which keeps the network going. Seems they may need to add to the ratings and are hoping to catch the adults whose children watch the station during the day.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
SimpleComSense
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:45 AM

That's 10pm-2am EST...Pacific time, it starts at 7pm, right in the middle of my 3yr old  grandson's tv time before bed.  I discovered this last night when I heard adult laughter and he came in and told me "Nana, I want to watch what boys watch.  It's not adult time yet!"  When he had the flu a couple of weeks ago, it was great to be able to put him in the recliner with his blanket, pillow and stuffy at 2am and watch him from the couch while he nodded off to sleep finally...while watching his favorite shows.  I thought to myself "Thank you NickJr, where were you when my kids were little and pukey at 2am"...well, so much for that.  If I want comedy...I have channel 60 and On Demand...I don't need it on NickJr.  On NickJr, I need those shows that make my sweetpea laugh and smile.

Euphoric
by Thumper kid spanks on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Quoting RowdyRoxyRainbw:

I dont censor as long as its not full on sex scenes.  

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured