Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

NickJr - Goes NickMom --- so inappropriate!

My kids love to watch NickJr.  I think it's great programming - "it's like preschool on TV"

Tonight after the kids were in bed I discovered NickMom - Basically it was a "mom comedian"

In a short 90 seconds what I heard was HILARIOUS but not suitable for NickJr!!!!   I'm sorry but Boobs and Ass are not words I wish to hear on NickJr.

A few minutes later I thought I'd give it another shot - new comedian talking about her stripper name and giving lap dances.  I literally LOL'd 

But NOT appropriate for NickJr!!!!!  It aires from 10pm - 2am.  So it will not be seen by children, it's not meant to be seen by children.  But I just feel this was a poor choice by Nickeloden.  It makes me wonder what other poor choices they will be making.

How do you feel?

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:57 PM
Replies (71-80):
illinoismommy83
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Diego is available on demand, or if you don't have Comcast its available on DVD. No TV station is under obligation to play children's programming past the time when most kids are in bed. I fail to see the issue in children's programming ending at 7 pm. Adults should be able to watch adult programming in the evenings.

Quoting Collier3:

She likes to watch diego with him while laying down to go to sleep at the end of the night.

Quoting illinoismommy83:

If she is spending time with her dad, why is she watching tv?

Quoting Collier3:

My daughter is missing her night time programs. As she is up a few nights a week late so that she can spend time with her daddy after work. I do not know who thought this was a good idea, but I want her shows back.

illinoismommy83
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Or she could play with puzzles or trace letters or play pretend with toys or play with some kind of educational toy. No child needs to watch TV. 

Do you have Comcast? On Demand has all of the kid shows available any time. You could put on some Bubble Guppies while you cook if your child dislikes toys.

Quoting cabrandy03:

It airs at 7pm on the west coast and even earlier in Hawaii.  I had nickjr on the other evening while I was cooking dinner and came in to see my 2 year old watching nickmom and while it's funny it is NOT appropriate for preschoolers.  I'm personally a little annoyed about it, nickjr is my daughters favorite channel...not that she watches tv all day or anything but I usually put it on for her while I make dinner in the evening, now we're going to have to find a new channel.

Quoting illinoismommy83:

Most every toddler is asleep from 10 pm - 2 am so I really don't see how it remotely matters what is on tv at that time.

If you don't like it then don't watch it. 

Nick has made plenty of "poor choices" over the years. Icarly's latest episode involved/implied that Gibby, while wearing no underwear, had his pants fall on live TV and flashed the tv viewers. That isn't something that a show aimed at the 8-15 audience should be discussing. 

We all have the job as parents to control what our children watch. If you don't agree with the middle of the night programming then just keep your kids away from it. You admit it was funny so don't ruin it for everyone else. It is being aired at an appropriate time.

Paperfishies
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:43 PM

I don't censor much TV...However, I disagree with what's in red. This may be the standard for your kids but on non school nights, my 9 year old doesn't have a bed time and is often up at 3 am...and my 2 year old doesnt have a bed time at all, she is on a free range schedule, sleeps when she wants and is up when she wants. 

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

I personally love it. There is no reason for children to be up that late anyway. If they are, pop in a movie or OnDemand

Baybeelove88
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I liked nick mom, it was funny... My kids are in bed by then but we don't do a lot of censoring
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paperfishies
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:46 PM

I don't see it as a poor choice, that episode of Icarly was hilarious, my 9 year old loves that show, she understands the humor.  I don't see a problem.

Quoting illinoismommy83:

Most every toddler is asleep from 10 pm - 2 am so I really don't see how it remotely matters what is on tv at that time.

If you don't like it then don't watch it. 

Nick has made plenty of "poor choices" over the years. Icarly's latest episode involved/implied that Gibby, while wearing no underwear, had his pants fall on live TV and flashed the tv viewers. That isn't something that a show aimed at the 8-15 audience should be discussing. 

We all have the job as parents to control what our children watch. If you don't agree with the middle of the night programming then just keep your kids away from it. You admit it was funny so don't ruin it for everyone else. It is being aired at an appropriate time.

Paperfishies
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:49 PM

I only censor extreme and excessive violence/gore and explicit sexual content for pre-school age.

Quoting happy2bmommy937:

You don't censor TV for your preschooler???

caito
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:04 PM

How is it inappropriate? Like you said, it won't be seen by your kids.

caito
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:06 PM

I'm the exact same way.

Quoting Paperfishies:

I only censor extreme and excessive violence/gore and explicit sexual content for pre-school age.

Quoting happy2bmommy937:

You don't censor TV for your preschooler???

jynkx
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:06 PM

ikr?  whats wrong with dora?  lol

Quoting Ciuplys:

Whats wrong with dora? And dont tell me you dont like big bird either? Lol jk

Quoting elzingah36:

When they started "Dora the Explorer" that's when I realized that they were making bad decisions.

come follow me as i talk about all sorts of things! http://msjynkx.blogspot.com/

LittleBirdFly
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:07 PM

I agree not good

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN