Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News anchor defends herself for being over weight after recieving an email that says she is a bad example to the community

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:41 AM
  • 3 Replies

Link to the story

It's a very short video...i love her rebuttal, and i love that she did it on TV.

This story lit up facebook & twitter recently sparking debate over the issue...

Do you think news anchors, or anyone on TV have a responsibility to keep fit? Do you think over weight people on TV are a bad example to the community?

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
LaughingTattoo
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:44 AM

What she does/looks like doesnt concern me. What DOES concern me is that she is taking one persons opinion on her weight and using it to boost ratings. She has attempted to label it as "bullying" which trivializes a REAL problem. It isnt bullying, she should be used to critisism as its part of such a job, and she should be ashamed of herself.

Aslen
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Did you read the email?
Boosting ratings? I think not.

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

What she does/looks like doesnt concern me. What DOES concern me is that she is taking one persons opinion on her weight and using it to boost ratings. She has attempted to label it as "bullying" which trivializes a REAL problem. It isnt bullying, she should be used to critisism as its part of such a job, and she should be ashamed of herself.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samurai_chica
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Interesting. I didn't think the emails was harsh really...they worded it politely. But the subject matter is a very sensitive one. If my daughter got an email like this, i would consider it bullying...even though it was written as politely as possible. The emails is telling her she is fat, and unfit to be on TV pretty much...this would crush anyone who received it, and that is why i do consider it bulling. Any time your words unnecessarily hurt another, i consider it a form of bullying.

I don't think she did it for ratings...although people are cheering her everywhere. I think she was highly embarrassed and wanted to throw in her 2 cents to defend herself.

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured