Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

WWIII

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:18 PM
  • 33 Replies

Are we heading for WWIII?  I hope not but looking at what is going in the world especially the Middle East I can't help but wander if that is where we are heading.  I have been recently hearing about FEMA camps here in the US???? Myth or rumor? Please post your comments and questions.

Thank You

Tina

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Has the situation between China and Japan been resolved?

I think that situation would lead to a World War III before the situation in the Middle East would.

meriana
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:27 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't know about a world war but from what Romney has hinted at and said, if he is elected, we can look forward to being involved in yet another war in the ME and as far as I can tell,  if our "intervention" happened to spill over into Iran, well that's something Romney wouldn't really be against happening.

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/08/14279951-in-foreign-policy-speech-romney-will-encourage-military-spending-syria-intervention#comments

sherry132
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:29 PM
2 moms liked this

As humans, we are always headed to war, if it will be one of the world wars, another vietnam, civil, or another Iraq, only time will tell.

As for the Fema camps, that's old news, and while in some respects it has it's truths, it's mostly false. 

radioheid
by Libertarian on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Roger that, China and Japan are cohesive, nationalist countries that play a major role in the global economy. You know if something goes down between them, we'd jump to Japan's aid, and Russia would lock arms with China.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Has the situation between China and Japan been resolved?

I think that situation would lead to a World War III before the situation in the Middle East would.

"Roger that. Over."

R   A   D    I    O    H    E    I    D

radioheid
by Libertarian on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:32 PM

And call me an outsider, but WTF do FEMA camps have to do with anything? I'm lost on that one...

"Roger that. Over."

R   A   D    I    O    H    E    I    D

meriana
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting sherry132:

As humans, we are always headed to war, if it will be one of the world wars, another vietnam, civil, or another Iraq, only time will tell.

As for the Fema camps, that's old news, and while in some respects it has it's truths, it's mostly false. 

Certainly seems that way. However I can't see electing a man who WANTS to get this country involved in another one.

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Agreed

Quoting meriana:

Quoting sherry132:

Certainly seems that way. However I can't see electing a man who WANTS to get this country involved in another one.

Separation of church and state is for the protection of BOTH church and state.
Leading with hate and intolerance only leads to MORE hate and intolerance.
sherry132
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Rather it's him, Obama or someone else, it's going to happen, eventually. There are too many tensions to hope it won't. 

Quoting meriana:

Quoting sherry132:

Lizardannie1966
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:11 PM

There has been a "situation" in the middle east for a very, very long time and I suspect they'll always be one.

Perhaps if we and others would keep our butts out of there, then the chance for a global world war might go down a bit?

As a few others have suggested, the hot spot IMO is Japan and China though I'm not sure that could expand to a "world war" issue necessarily.

WinningWinning
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:14 PM

I suppose.Sure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)