Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Are we heading for WWIII?  I hope not but looking at what is going in the world especially the Middle East I can't help but wander if that is where we are heading.  I have been recently hearing about FEMA camps here in the US???? Myth or rumor? Please post your comments and questions.

Thank You

Tina

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:18 PM
Replies (11-20):
mommie_x0x
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:17 PM
What exactly is FEMA?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rfurlongg
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:51 PM
I believe it is unlikely we will see WWIII as long as living memory of WWI and WWII are still around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rfurlongg
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:52 PM
Federal Emergency Management Agency.

Quoting mommie_x0x:

What exactly is FEMA?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Has the situation between China and Japan been resolved?

I think that situation would lead to a World War III before the situation in the Middle East would.

No, things are still pretty tense between Japan and China and China I believe is still seeing a lot of anti-Japanese protests.

I worry more about whats happening with Turkey and Syria.They're on the brink of war and we're allies with Turkey and China is allies with Syria. Also, China has a lot more males than females in their country that are at marrying age. They're protests are increasing and recently they had one at an iphone factory. They need to find something to do with all these males. 

UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:58 PM

And too many people. Infestations rarely end well.

Quoting sherry132:

Rather it's him, Obama or someone else, it's going to happen, eventually. There are too many tensions to hope it won't. 

Quoting meriana:

Quoting sherry132:

As humans, we are always headed to war, if it will be one of the world wars, another vietnam, civil, or another Iraq, only time will tell.

As for the Fema camps, that's old news, and while in some respects it has it's truths, it's mostly false. 

Certainly seems that way. However I can't see electing a man who WANTS to get this country involved in another one.

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this

John McCain got up during the RNC and made his case for wars on Syria, Iran and maybe even Pakistan...

Mitt Romney seems to be following suit, which isn't a surprise seeing as how Dick Cheney got a hold of him...

We will start WW111 if it's up to the republicans,,,,

gludwig2000
by Gina on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:08 PM

While it is a very scary thought, I don't think that it's impossible. There is just too much hostility in the world today. I worry for our children, to be honest.

mommie_x0x
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:53 PM
What do they do

Quoting rfurlongg:

Quoting mommie_x0x:

What exactly is FEMA?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oddgirl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:58 PM

http://www.fema.gov/

"FEMA’s mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from and mitigate all hazards."

Quoting mommie_x0x:

What do they do

Quoting rfurlongg:

Quoting mommie_x0x:

What exactly is FEMA?

brandydesiree
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:02 PM
I just had this conversation with Dh yesterday. I think it seems possible. The ME is in an uproar right now, more so than usual. On top of the Arab Spring, we have ongoing conflict with Iran and Irsrael. Even further we have North Korea doing long range missle testing, China and Japan having ongoing conflict, which will ensure the US and Russia get involved.

I don't like war, but I think it's coming soon and hard. The last 10 years will be nothing compared to the next 10. I want a President who isn't gonna backdown and let us get walked over. I don't want a man hungry for war, but I do want one who isn't afraid to fight for what is fair and just.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN