Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Are we heading for WWIII?  I hope not but looking at what is going in the world especially the Middle East I can't help but wander if that is where we are heading.  I have been recently hearing about FEMA camps here in the US???? Myth or rumor? Please post your comments and questions.

Thank You

Tina

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:18 PM
Replies (21-30):
brandydesiree
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:04 PM
The living memory of WWI was still very much present when WWII began.

Quoting rfurlongg:

I believe it is unlikely we will see WWIII as long as living memory of WWI and WWII are still around.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Quoting radioheid:

And call me an outsider, but WTF do FEMA camps have to do with anything? I'm lost on that one...

Probably nothing! LOL. The wingnuts  love that kind of thing.

yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:32 PM

The situation in the ME is more unstable than it has been in decades.  As Iran gets closer to nuclear arms it will only get worse.  There will likely be a significant war over there within the next year...Israel isn't the only country over there that doesn't want them to have a nuke.

China and Japan isn't serious..at least not at the moment.  China is having some real internal issues, plus they just don't have the military capabilities of Japan and the US.  Russia does a lot of posturing...they are no longer the powerhouse they once were.

meriana
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Quoting sherry132:

Rather it's him, Obama or someone else, it's going to happen, eventually. There are too many tensions to hope it won't. 

Quoting meriana:

Quoting sherry132:

As humans, we are always headed to war, if it will be one of the world wars, another vietnam, civil, or another Iraq, only time will tell.

As for the Fema camps, that's old news, and while in some respects it has it's truths, it's mostly false. 

Certainly seems that way. However I can't see electing a man who WANTS to get this country involved in another one.

That may be however, there is a huge difference between trying not to go to war but still ending up in one and wanting to go to get involved in someone else's battles because one sees our country as the world's police and thinks the way to solve the world's problems is to act like a bully. Romney refers to it as "peace through strength" but it's really just the opposite. Apparently too, Romney has forgotten that we've been involved in two wars for the past decade that were not funded. Just how does he expect to fund military help or action in Syria, especially since Syria is friends with China. The idea of our men and women ending up involved in more war because he wants to prove to the world how strong he (our country) is, just makes me sick. 

radioheid
by Libertarian on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:36 PM
I've heard FEMA conspiracies before. But seriously, lets take off our tin foil hats for a minute and think about this. Is it possible that perhaps money is being allocated to FEMA so we dont end up with another hurricane or tornado disaster where folks are left with literally nowhere to go??? Or are hurricanes, tornadoes and the like a liberal conspiracy, too? lol

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting radioheid:

And call me an outsider, but WTF do FEMA camps have to do with anything? I'm lost on that one...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Quoting radioheid:

nonsensical jibber jabber

I doubt the poster expected any real, cohesive responses

lga1965
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:49 PM

The guys who spread the conspiracies , particularly the FEMA thing,are right wingers. Not Liberals. Here is one site-Alec Jones,Infowars. here are others.

http://www.infowars.com/exclusive-government-activating-fema-camps-across-u-s/

Quoting radioheid:

I've heard FEMA conspiracies before. But seriously, lets take off our tin foil hats for a minute and think about this. Is it possible that perhaps money is being allocated to FEMA so we dont end up with another hurricane or tornado disaster where folks are left with literally nowhere to go??? Or are hurricanes, tornadoes and the like a liberal conspiracy, too? lol

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting radioheid:

rfurlongg
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:00 PM
I think that is precisely why we would not join a third WW unless were attacked. We did not join WWII until Pearl Harbor after the war in Europe had been waging for years. If we keep our noses and opinions to ourselves I do not see us getting involved. However, if we continue this foreign policy that the last several admins have established...

Quoting brandydesiree:

The living memory of WWI was still very much present when WWII began.

Quoting rfurlongg:

I believe it is unlikely we will see WWIII as long as living memory of WWI and WWII are still around.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
radioheid
by Libertarian on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I know. I was saying the conservative fruitcakes blame liberals. Lol

Quoting lga1965:

The guys who spread the conspiracies , particularly the FEMA thing,are right wingers. Not Liberals. Here is one site-Alec Jones,Infowars. here are others.

http://www.infowars.com/exclusive-government-activating-fema-camps-across-u-s/

Quoting radioheid:

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting radioheid:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:17 AM
Quoting tina454542:

Are we heading for WWIII?

No.

There are only 4 powers in the world with sufficient nukes to trigger WWIII: USA, Russia, China, the EU (ie Britain + France)

There are no signs that any of the big 4 are about to get into a shooting war with each other.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)