Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Another Obama Lie

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:04 PM
  • 15 Replies

From the Weekly Standard, Oct 8, 2012:

Princeton Econonmist:  Obama Campaign is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney's Tax Plan.

Last night, the Obama campaign blasted out another email claiming that Mitt Romney's tax plan would either require raising taxes on the middle class or blowing a hole in the deficit. "Even the studies that Romney has cited to claim his plan adds up still show he would need to raise middle-class taxes," said the Obama campaign press release. "In fact, Harvard economist Martin Feldstein and Princeton economist Harvey Rosen both concede that paying for Romney’s tax cuts would require large tax increases on families making between $100,000 and $200,000."

But that's not true. Princeton professor Harvey Rosen tells THE WEEKLY STANDARD in an email that the Obama campaign is misrepresenting his paper on Romney's tax plan:

I can’t tell exactly how the Obama campaign reached that characterization of my work. It might be that they assume that Governor Romney wants to keep the taxes from the Affordable Care Act in place, despite the fact that the Governor has called for its complete repeal. The main conclusion of my study is that under plausible assumptions, a proposal along the lines suggested by Governor Romney can both be revenue neutral and keep the net tax burden on taxpayers with incomes above $200,000 about the same. That is, an increase in the tax burden on lower and middle income individuals is not required in order to make the overall plan revenue neutral.

You can check the math that shows Romney's plan is mathematically possible here.

grandma B

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:08 PM
3 moms liked this

I am about to go eat Dinner.

But basing something on a study is not a lie. You can say he came to the wrong conclusion. But if you would like to see a lie.

http://www.ukprogressive.co.uk/the-monday-line-mitt-romney-the-767-lyin-king/article20268.html

There are 767 lies from Mitt Romney during his campaign if you are interested.

Some of those lies are extremely bold lies where it is not a mistake in calculations or failed promises but out right bold faced lying.

grandmab125
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting brookiecookie87:

But basing something on a study is not a lie. You can say he came to the wrong conclusion. But if you would like to see a lie.

http://www.ukprogressive.co.uk/the-monday-line-mitt-romney-the-767-lyin-king/article20268.html

Some of those lies are extremely bold lies where it is not a mistake in calculations or failed promises but out right bold faced lying.

Saying that a well known economist has conceded that Romney's tax plan won't work, when the man has shown that it can, is a bold face lie.  The economist was just being polite saying Obama misrepresented him.  It's one thing to disagree with your opponent, but it's an entirely different thing to lie that someone else agrees with you when they've already published a report disagreeing with you.  So you would be fine if Romney went to rallies and released e-mails saying that someone like, say, Paul Krugman agreed with him on economics, or some other policy?

Since there weren't 767 points in the debate, that's bs.  Obama's sinking, so he has made the end of his campaign all about Romney being a liar.  Well, it's not working with the knowledgeable people in this country.  Using a British progressive site is a joke.

grandma B

jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:36 PM

You could always look at Senator Wyden's facebook page for his rebuttal against Romney doing a "bold faced lie" regarding the senator's stance on medicare.

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Saying that a well known economist has conceded that Romney's tax plan won't work, when the man has shown that it can, is a bold face lie.  The economist was just being polite saying Obama misrepresented him.  It's one thing to disagree with your opponent, but it's an entirely different thing to lie that someone else agrees with you when they've already published a report disagreeing with you.  So you would be fine if Romney went to rallies and released e-mails saying that someone like, say, Paul Krugman agreed with him on economics, or some other policy?

Since there weren't 767 points in the debate, that's bs.  Obama's sinking, so he has made the end of his campaign all about Romney being a liar.  Well, it's not working with the knowledgeable people in this country.  Using a British progressive site is a joke.

SilverSterling
by MrsSilverusSnape on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this

There were 37 bold face lies from Romney in the Debate with a Grant total for 767 total lies since the start of his Campaign (which is what I think brookiecookie meant) however I don't know her and could be wrong.

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

It's obvious you didn't read the article. 767 lies since he started his campaign.

And considering the amount and degree that Mitt Romney lied during the debate yes it does make sense to point it out. Especially since the time he was not lying he was flip flopping on his issues, and when he wasn't lying or flip flopping he was refusing to give details on his plans.

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Quoting SilverSterling:

There were 37 bold face lies from Romney in the Debate with a Grant total for 767 total lies since the start of his Campaign (which is what I think brookiecookie meant) however I don't know her and could be wrong.

It's not just what I meant it's what I said and what the article States:

Quote:

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

grandmab125
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

It's obvious you didn't read the article. 767 lies since he started his campaign.

And considering the amount and degree that Mitt Romney lied during the debate yes it does make sense to point it out. Especially since the time he was not lying he was flip flopping on his issues, and when he wasn't lying or flip flopping he was refusing to give details on his plans.

No, I didn't read the article.  I don't read progressive bs.  All of this counting lies is something the desperate left does.  Republicans don't waste their time or stoop to that level.  Since the media has always covered for Obama, such a list of his lies doesn't exist.  It's really pathetic that people get paid to sit around a make up these lists.

grandma B

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

No, I didn't read the article.  I don't read progressive bs.  All of this counting lies is something the desperate left does.  Republicans don't waste their time or stoop to that level.  Since the media has always covered for Obama, such a list of his lies doesn't exist.  It's really pathetic that people get paid to sit around a make up these lists.

Sure if truth and facts are lies. Progressives do that alot.

Republicans don't waste their time with truth or facts? I suppose that would explain Mitt Romneys debate and the people who think he did a great job.

Odd way of thinking. But keep your eyes shut if it makes you happy.

Just don't be upset when people bring up these facts to you.

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this
But .... but ... but Mommmmmmmy, Romney lied TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Both sides are getting more pathetic as the election closes in!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grandmab125
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Sure if truth and facts are lies. Progressives do that alot.

Republicans don't waste their time with truth or facts? I suppose that would explain Mitt Romneys debate and the people who think he did a great job.

Odd way of thinking. But keep your eyes shut if it makes you happy.

Just don't be upset when people bring up these facts to you.

His own worshipping MSM even crucified him for his less than lackluster performance in the debate.  I guess you missed all of the news reports, news shows, etc. where they actually had to admit that he did a lousy job.

You're being obtuse.  You know what I meant.  No one on the conserv., republican side sits and counts all of Obama's lies.

You want to keep you head in the sand and believe the left wing bs, be my guest.

grandma B

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)