Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

What do you think of the content on Disney and Nick ?

Posted by   + Show Post

I blocked them from my tv today. I think they're horrible, really words fail me. The characters on the shows are rude, shallow, dishonest, vulgar, manipulative, immature etc. They're completely lacking of any good qualities. icarly's chicken soup in a toilet bowl, comes to mind. The parents when there are any present are incompetent buffoons. Family life is so small and insignificant. They don't promote family lifestyle at all. I remember family shows in the past, that  emphasized the importance of family and portrayed parents as wise, helpful, capable and loving like Family Ties and The Cosby Show. 

Agree or Disagree? 

If you couldn't tell I think these type of shows are really detrimental. 

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:07 AM
Replies (31-40):
SlightlyPerfect
It's about that time...
Today at 2:13 PM
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Psssh. I got rid of cable long ago.

slightlyperfect

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:13 AM
5 moms liked this
Tv is tv. I don't believe in censoring. I believe in parenting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katy_kay08
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:17 AM
2 moms liked this

I disagree and think that people have short memories.  

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:22 AM

to each their own.

PinkButterfly66
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Those shows are for tweens and teens.  We love Dan Schneider's shows:  iCarly, Victorious, Drake and Josh, Zeke and Luther.

Quoting Moniker:

Quoting Mipsy:

What shows on Disney do you not like? The only stuff we watched were the Jr shows on both really.

Disney Jr and Nick JR aren't that bad. The shows I'm referring to are, iCarly, Victorious, Zeke and Luther, Drake and Josh, etc. 

gofast_mama
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:24 AM
My son doesn't watch any TV, so I'm not sure what shows your talking about. I only let my son watch national geographic DVDs. We didn't even have a tv until I was 13.
mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:25 AM
2 moms liked this

this, the Ops children are going to see this stuff, she can't control their every moment she should discuss what she doesn't like with her children.

Quoting Momniscient:

Tv is tv. I don't believe in censoring. I believe in parenting.

LNLMommy
by Queen K on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:26 AM
I agree. Just listening to that crap drives me insane..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Meh, my daughter likes iCarly, Victorious, etc.  I laugh so hard when ever Drake and Josh are on.

I've never seen any behavior issues, or otherwise, in my children stem from any of the shows.

ferne3
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:36 AM

We unplugged the cable a few years ago.  Saves a lot of money and Mommy's need for t.v. is fed thru a Hulu.com subscription.  If I really need 30 seconds I put on a youtube video of music and baby animals.  Positive - my DD loves outside and I hope she is using her imagination.  Negative - my DD can't stand to be inside and sometimes figuring out activities is frustrating.  I hate the princesses and the look on her face the few times she does see something on t.v. (at a friends house.) It is a blank stare with her mouth open.  It is like I can see her essence being sucked out of her and her brain turning to mush.  I know, I am overreacting - but being a t.v. addict myself, I need to make sure she doesn't follow me down THAT dark path...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN