Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

A Mom For Medicaid....heres why..

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

I am not on medicaid.I am lucky enough to have blue cross blue shield medical insurance through my husbands job.

I do however have a young cousin who is 22 and disabled that I care for in my home.She too is also very lucky.She has help from medicaid to help with all her medical costs.She can be cared for properly and get her doctor visits and medicines that could never be afforded without it.

I also have a best friend who has a wonderful 8 year old son who happens to have autism.Without medicaid she would never be able to care for him as a single mom.

My question is what are your thoughts on medicaid and goverment health insurance.Are the moocher lazy stigmas a one size fits all when it comes to truelly needing government assistance?Do you think medicaid should be cut despite disability needs.....oh well tough luck...not my problem.If so what can moms like myself do as resources to care for children with special needs?

You see its not about a good debate.....its about life happens.

~A Mom For Obama

~Tia

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:34 AM
Replies (331-333):
Ziva65
by Gold Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:49 PM

There is definitely a need, a time and a place. Medicaid is also greatly abused and needs an overhaul. Private insurances need an overhaul. I work in healthcare, and have sat on Medi-Cal State committees... we have a long way to go.  It's not perfect by any means, and the abuses are widespread, but it fills a void.

As for those of us who do have great insurance, we can be thankful. But remember too, it's been said that pride comes before a fall... Not everyone is as fortunate in health, jobs, income, or whatever it may be. I'd say just be thankful for what you do have :)

baileymarie723
by Bronze Member on Oct. 18, 2012 at 12:21 PM
The compassionate democrats I was referring to are NOT the lying democrat politicians in government they are just normal citizens that prefer what lying democrats say they will do over what the lying republicans say they will do.

Quoting ElitestJen:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
futureshock
by Ruby Member on Oct. 18, 2012 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting krysstizzle:

I can't think of one society or culture where helping the less fortunate wasn't a centerpiece, even if it was just lip service. From small scale tribal societies, where distributing what you had was common place, to large city-states where the rich threw loaves of bread at the poor, virtually every society has some mechanism in place to "force" people to help the less fortunate. 

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Quoting krysstizzle:

Becuase everyone should get to choose what they do with thier money. No one should be forced to help others.

I have no problem helping those less fortunate but I don't appreciate being forced to help those who are less fortunate because of their own decisions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)