Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

CANADA TIGHTENS BORDER

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:58 AM
  • 85 Replies
4 moms liked this

OK PC or not I nearly Peed myself when I saw this Article this morning on the New Yorker page.

OCTOBER 9, 2012

CANADA TIGHTENS BORDER

POSTED BY ANDY BOROWITZ

OTTAWA (The Borowitz Report)—Canada announced today that it was tightening security along its border with the United States amid concerns that there could be a mass migration of illegal Americans after Tuesday, November 6th.

According to Randolph McTavish, Deputy Commissioner of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, border patrols are on alert due to an “increase in chatter” indicating that a threat to Canada’s border might be imminent.

“We’ve been intercepting troubling comments from some very freaked-out people,” he said. “Most of it has been on NPR call-in shows.”

Stating that the R.C.M.P. is patrolling every kilometre of the Canadian border, he issued this warning to Americans who might try to cross into Canada illegally: “If you drive a Prius, you will be stopped.”

He also warned Americans against trying to slip across the border in the hopes of passing as Canadians: “It is very difficult, if not impossible, to pretend to like hockey.”

Mr. McTavish said that he was sympathetic with those who might flee across the border in search of a new life and socialized medicine, but added, “At the end of the day, forty-seven per cent of Americans is more than Canada can handle.”

Read more http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowitzreport/2012/10/canada-tightens-border.html#ixzz28tthmByi

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aislinn
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL That is all well and good, but I know where the 14 unmanned crossings are in Maine and lets be honest. Even other Americans and Canadians cannot tell the difference between a Mainer and a Nova Scotian... :P lol

Donna6503
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:02 AM
4 moms liked this
There is an onion feel to this story
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SilverSterling
by MrsSilverusSnape on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Honestly I just thought it was Funny.. I have been pondering going to Canada for Years! LONG before Romney and little to do with Politics because lets me honest Politics suck everywhere.. 

Quoting Aislinn:

LOL That is all well and good, but I know where the 14 unmanned crossings are in Maine and lets be honest. Even other Americans and Canadians cannot tell the difference between a Mainer and a Nova Scotian... :P lol

SilverSterling
by MrsSilverusSnape on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this

If I honestly didnt pull it off the Newer Yorker I would agree.. IF this does turn out to be false Then the New Yorker needs their asses kicked

Quoting Donna6503:

There is an onion feel to this story

lga1965
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:05 AM
5 moms liked this

LOL ! That was great!

I can just see it now---pregnant women sneaking into Canada to give birth to their "anchor babies" and their hubbies or SO's getting menial labor jobs.....wow!

Aislinn
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting SilverSterling:

Honestly I just thought it was Funny.. I have been pondering going to Canada for Years! LONG before Romney and little to do with Politics because lets me honest Politics suck everywhere.. 

Quoting Aislinn:

Oh, I am slipping in... My only issue? I am on the french speaking side. My dumb ass took fours years of Latin. lol As for the last part? You are correct. We are not special in America. Things suck everywhere, for everyone. And, where things are good, the surrounding countries are dragging them down! lol

SilverSterling
by MrsSilverusSnape on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:20 AM

wow I cant type and didnt even see it till way later.. I meant lets be honest not lets me honest... WOW I am slipping lol

i.m.r.
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol that is funny. I do agree it's impossible to pretend to like hockey. As a canadian I'm supposed to like it, but I despise it lol. I also laughed quite a bit at not being able to handle 47% of the American population.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:31 AM

LOL!  The article reads like a joke.  I might have to google this later to see if anyone else has picked it up.

notjstanothrmom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:34 AM
2 moms liked this

Well good thing I am actually Canadian and my grandparents have dual citizen ship and I can get Canadian citizen ship easier through them. lol

Realisitcally though, I highly doubt anyone will move seriously just because of an election... esp. when both candidates are going to be doing some sort of harm to the country.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN