Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Gary Johnson Supporters:

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:14 PM
  • 13 Replies

Are you getting the word out, or are you voting quietly?

I'm pleased to say that through my efforts, I've won over 3 people (a Democrat and two Republicans) to the Libertarian Party and Johnson/Gray camp. I am "working on" a 4th (a Democrat). It is amazing how many people will identify with and vote for a 3rd party candidate once they are aware of that party's platform and the candidate's political record.

I've also helped to open up discussion between Libertarians and Democrats & Republicans. Just yesterday, as a matter of fact, I had someone in a gas station ask "who is Gary Johnson?" after looking at this t-shirt:

Of course I explained.

I also have this sticker on the back of my pickup truck:

If I had the time and the money, I'd organize community/speaking events.

"Roger that. Over."

R   A   D    I    O    H    E    I    D

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eema.gray
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:22 PM

I like the bumper sticker.  I keep saying I need one.  Better do that in the next few days.  :-)

radioheid
by Libertarian on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:26 PM

I refuse to shill for a website, but I do know a pretty good one for t-shirts, bumper stickers, buttons and yard signs...lol

Quoting eema.gray:

I like the bumper sticker.  I keep saying I need one.  Better do that in the next few days.  :-)

"Roger that. Over."

eema.gray
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:29 PM

PM me.  I've seen that one a couple times and REALLY want it.  ;-)

Quoting radioheid:

I refuse to shill for a website, but I do know a pretty good one for t-shirts, bumper stickers, buttons and yard signs...lol

Quoting eema.gray:

"I am only one, but I am still one; I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." ~~ Edward Everett Hale 1822-1909
Bigmetalchicken
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:30 PM

I am voting for him. I have only talked to my husband about it, because I am too hormonal to listen to the stupid shit people spew while trying to sound like I am misguided about how the election works.  BUT, it did make my shrivaled, black heart happy to see that some of the business owners here have posted johnson signs.

radioheid
by Libertarian on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:57 PM

I haven't seen many Johnson signs myself. Hell, there are more remnant "Ron Paul Revolution" signs along the road out here than there are Johnson signs. I live in a big pro-union, pro-Democrat area, though.

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

I am voting for him. I have only talked to my husband about it, because I am too hormonal to listen to the stupid shit people spew while trying to sound like I am misguided about how the election works.  BUT, it did make my shrivaled, black heart happy to see that some of the business owners here have posted johnson signs.

"Roger that. Over."

eema.gray
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:02 PM

I get blank looks when I bring up Johnson, LOL.

Quoting radioheid:

I haven't seen many Johnson signs myself. Hell, there are more remnant "Ron Paul Revolution" signs along the road out here than there are Johnson signs. I live in a big pro-union, pro-Democrat area, though.

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

"I am only one, but I am still one; I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." ~~ Edward Everett Hale 1822-1909
radioheid
by Libertarian on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:05 PM

My little sister, who is 19 and will be voting for the first time next month, asked me point-blank: "Who is this Gary Johnson? I've never heard of him."

Quoting eema.gray:

I get blank looks when I bring up Johnson, LOL.

Quoting radioheid:

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

"Roger that. Over."

Bigmetalchicken
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:06 PM

I live in Texas. There is one in front of a sopping complex, and one in front of Whataburger, and I have seen a few in front of houses. Because of my husband's job, we are not supposed to openly endorse someone via signs and stuff, but I love that bumper sticker.

Quoting radioheid:

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

Donna6503
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:09 PM
Why is Gary Johnson immigration policy different than his party's platform?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband ordered Libertarian shirts for him and the kids. He got a Johnson shirt for me. His says "A Nation of Sheep begets a government of Wolves."

I do worry if/when the libertarian party becomes more popular, it will be hijacked like the Tea Party movement or Occupy Wallstreet movement were. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN