Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Afghan's first female Airforce pilot

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:06 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

Lieutenant Rhmani is the first female Afghan Air Force Pilot to fly solo in and under Afghanistan's own program. 

General Baki, the Afghan Shindand Air Wing Commander, was at the historic event and greeted her as seen in the picture.

Congratulations Lt Rhmani! 

You can "Like" the photo to show your support of this important milestone!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Embassy-of-Afghanistan/68998341320

Photo: Lieutenant Rhmani is the first female Afghan Air Force Pilot to fly solo in and under Afghanistan's own program. 
General Baki, the Afghan Shindand Air Wing Commander, was at the historic event and greeted her as seen in the picture.
Congratulations Lt Rhmani! 
You can "Like" the photo to show your support of this important milestone!

This was shared on my fb page. 

Thoughts?

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mommy2BeAmy
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:07 PM
2 moms liked this
Mashallah tabarakallah
mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this

good for her - I know it has probably been a hard road one that is probably still uphill for her.

But visiting their page, I was more interested in the Afghani rug coming to a Macy's near you story. I hope they import beautiful ones. :) I'm there, I have a rug fixation since my TDY to Turkey and Saudi. afghan rugs are beautiful, I have a small one that was given to me as a gift.

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:19 PM
2 moms liked this

One step at a time.

Congrats to Lt Rhmani! Let your wings soar and may many more follow in your footsteps.

eema.gray
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter (3 in a couple weeks) took one look at the photo and screeched MEEEEEEEEEEEE.  Something tells me she's going into our Air Force and will probably cover her hair more stringently than I do.

muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Quoting eema.gray:

My daughter (3 in a couple weeks) took one look at the photo and screeched MEEEEEEEEEEEE.  Something tells me she's going into our Air Force and will probably cover her hair more stringently than I do.

LOL. Dont you just love the babies. 

muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:28 PM

BUMP!

Piskie
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Awesome.
Physically speaking, women are a lot better suited to being fighter pilots than men. Body structure etc means we are less affected by the g force changes.

Hope it all goes well for her. Pilots have to be tough in so many ways. Bet she's a fabulous bitch. Gotta be to deal with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN