Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

ObamaCare Facts: Facts on the Obama Health Care Plan

Posted by   + Show Post
For any of those moms who if they are like me didn't know all of the facts that went along with Obama's health care program that went into effect in 2010 I found a website that only shows the facts about it and I will share them with you.

Obama Care Facts 2012 - We Tell you the Facts, Not The Talking Points

We present the Facts on Obama Care (ObamaCare) / The Health Care for America plan. Our goal is to help you understand the basics of the Obama Care health care plan and bill, so you can decide for yourself what you think of ObamaCare, based on the facts and not the News Radio / TV opinions.

(ObamaCare Facts Image Public Domain, Photo by Chuck Kennedy; U.S. Government Work)
• ObamaCare, Obama Care and Health Care for America are all the same thing; an extension of the Patient Protection and the Affordable Care Act and ongoing efforts to reform the health care industry.

• Some aspects of Obamacare health care reform are already enacted. The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act was signed 2 years ago, I bet you didn't even notice unless you needed coverage and didn't have it. The Affordable Care Act requires that insurance plans cover preventative services and stops insurance companies form dropping you when you are sick as well as offering a number of other reforms and protections.

• ObamaCare is a hot button political issue and both sides of the isle will try to persuade you for or against it. You need THE FACTS on ObamaCare and the Health Care For America Plan.

• ObamaCare's goal is to provide affordable health insurance for all US citizens.

• ObamaCare does not replace private insurance or medicaid

• Medicaid will be reformed and expanded in order to help cover more people, especially those below the poverty level.

• ObamaCare aims to improve community health care centers in an effort improve health care for those who cannot afford private health care.

• Affordable health coverage means American's and their families pay what they can afford.

• American Employers need to provide comparable coverage to the Health Care for America Plan or pay a modest and fair Tax to support ObamaCare. (like the current state run unemployment and workers compensation programs)

• If an American or their family chooses not to purchase healthcare through the Health Care for America Act they can buy private insurance. Those who chose to not participate will pay a penalty tax to help cover the rest of us. In other words no one is actually forcing you to have health insurance.

• 19 million Americans will receive tax credits to help pay for healthcare and most middle class Americans will actually save thousands on healthcare via tax cuts (this has been going on for the past 3 years already)

• The government is by the people and for the people. The health insurance companies are for profit organizations who are for the bottom line and the investors.

• ObamaCare ensures that sick people can't be dropped from insurance, people can't be denied for preexisting conditions and women can't be charged more than men by insurance companies. These measures prevent all types of discrimination in regards to your right to health care.

• All Americans have the option to stay on their current healthcare plans.

• Those with incomes exceeding 250k will be subject to higher taxes. This will help pay for the ObamaCare. As you can imagine this does not make some people happy. Though it's important to note that those making less will not be losing money, rather they will be gaining the option of healthcare.

• The Affordable Health Care Act doesn't just focus on insurance, it also reforms the parts of the healthcare system that aren't working or are costing the tax payer money. For example by focusing on preventive measures instead of just treatment ObamaCare will save tens of billions of dollars and tens of thousands of lives.

• The average American will save money under Obamacare. In fact many Americans are already paying less for health care services.

• Obamacare cuts the national deficit by over 100,000,000,000 dollars during it's first 10 years.

• Over the next two decades Obamacare is projected to cut the national deficit by over 1,000,000,000,000 dollars.

• ObamaCare aims to make it easier for small businesses to provide coverage to workers by offering Tax Credits to employers who enroll their workers in private healthcare plans.

• One of the main goals of ObamaCare is to ensure that all preventative care will be free on all insurance plans. Private insurance plans that are grand fathered in and are all ready in place will be exempt until they lose their grand fathered status.
MOST IMPORTANTLY: The "ObamaCare" Bill is currently signed into law. There are many people, including Mitt Romney who would like to see ObamaCare repealed. If this happens millions of Americans will be without proper health coverage, many more will be dropped from private insurance companies who are not required to provide healthcare. From employers will drop health care plans of workers. Many more will suffer the consequences of a health care system controlled by private companies, who's bottom line is money and not health.

ObamaCare Facts 2012: it will CERTAINLY help your Grandmother
http://obamacarefacts.com/obamacare-facts.php
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:14 PM
Replies (11-20):
AMBG825
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Too bad a lot of these "facts" have been disproven already.

TB78
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:04 PM
Which ones have been disproved....the fact that its actually a TAX and Not Health Insurance or that It Is For The People by The People?

I really want to know and the sources that back up the facts that are disproved please

Quoting AMBG825:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AMBG825
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:45 PM
You mean the one where it is cheaper. Medicare won't be cut and everyone will have coverage?

Quoting TB78:

Which ones have been disproved....the fact that its actually a TAX and Not Health Insurance or that It Is For The People by The People?

I really want to know and the sources that back up the facts that are disproved please

Quoting AMBG825:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gsprofval
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:02 PM
2 moms liked this

Ya missed a big one in the post--all those illegals obama decided to let stay in the U.S. will get FREE obamacare--and those of us who work wil be paying millions and millions to pay for people who are ILLEGALLY here.  Hell, I can't afford any healthcare now and certainly won't be able to afford obamacare either.

AMBG825
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:06 PM
2 moms liked this

ObamaCare's goal is to provide affordable health insurance for all US citizens.

False. The goal of Obamacare is to provide insurance to the 33 million Americans who don't currently have insurance. This is only 10% of the population of the U.S. The majority of those 33 million do not have insurance by choice and no circumstance.

Medicaid will be reformed and expanded in order to help cover more people, especially those below the poverty level

Fact: Medicaid cannot be expanded by cutting costs. If you cut funding to Medicaid then you cannot expand coverage. Since there have already been people cut from Medicaid and Medicare due directly to Obamacare, this "fact" has already been disproven.

Affordable health coverage means American's and their families pay what they can afford.

The cap to Obamacare is 3x what it was in 2008. If they couldn't afford health insurance then, raising the premiums by 3 will not make it more affordable.

19 million Americans will receive tax credits to help pay for healthcare and most middle class Americans will actually save thousands on healthcare via tax cuts (this has been going on for the past 3 years already)

Less than 5% of the population will receive tax credits. How is 5% of the population "most of middle class America." And when is less than $40k a year middle class?

The government is by the people and for the people. The health insurance companies are for profit organizations who are for the bottom line and the investors.

And the majority of the people did not want Obamacare.

All Americans have the option to stay on their current healthcare plans

No they won't. A number of healthcare plans have already been dropped. A large number of businesses have said they will no longer provide insurance to their employees because it will be cheaper to pay the fine than to provide the insurance. So no, most Americans will not be able to keep their current insurance plans.

Those with incomes exceeding 250k will be subject to higher taxes. This will help pay for the ObamaCare. As you can imagine this does not make some people happy. Though it's important to note that those making less will not be losing money, rather they will be gaining the option of healthcare.

It's actually less than that. The tax credits only extend to those making less than $40k. If you make more than $40k a year, you will receive no assistance and if you make more than $90k a year you will  be subjected to taxes to pay for this bill.

The average American will save money under Obamacare. In fact many Americans are already paying less for health care services.

Blatantly false. Most Americans have already seen their insurance costs go up.

ObamaCare aims to make it easier for small businesses to provide coverage to workers by offering Tax Credits to employers who enroll their workers in private healthcare plans.

Those tax credits on businesses only come into play if your business makes less than $100k a year.

TB78
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:46 AM
Thanks for the great facts that you have supplied

This I have seen for myself because I write my 89 year old MIL'S checks every month and before Obama Care she was paying about $188 a month and I thought that was too high just for her from blue cross blue shield, then ObamaCare passed and she received a letter stating that her insurance would go down but it only went down about $1.50, then a month later she received another letter stating that it was going to go up and boy it did! She pays about $198 a month.

We are on the state Medicaid because my DH's boss can't afford health insurance to his workers, his boss owns a construction company. Our premiums are 3X less than what mil pays for hers and ours covers my DH, our ds, and I.

I am all for people being on Medicaid and paying for it based on their income level just like we are doing. I have tried to get mil on Medicaid but she won't budge she doesn't believe that she would qualify for it.

Quoting AMBG825:

ObamaCare's goal is to provide affordable health insurance for all US citizens.

False. The goal of Obamacare is to provide insurance to the 33 million Americans who don't currently have insurance. This is only 10% of the population of the U.S. The majority of those 33 million do not have insurance by choice and no circumstance.

Medicaid will be reformed and expanded in order to help cover more people, especially those below the poverty level

Fact: Medicaid cannot be expanded by cutting costs. If you cut funding to Medicaid then you cannot expand coverage. Since there have already been people cut from Medicaid and Medicare due directly to Obamacare, this "fact" has already been disproven.

Affordable health coverage means American's and their families pay what they can afford.

The cap to Obamacare is 3x what it was in 2008. If they couldn't afford health insurance then, raising the premiums by 3 will not make it more affordable.

19 million Americans will receive tax credits to help pay for healthcare and most middle class Americans will actually save thousands on healthcare via tax cuts (this has been going on for the past 3 years already)

Less than 5% of the population will receive tax credits. How is 5% of the population "most of middle class America." And when is less than $40k a year middle class?

The government is by the people and for the people. The health insurance companies are for profit organizations who are for the bottom line and the investors.

And the majority of the people did not want Obamacare.

All Americans have the option to stay on their current healthcare plans

No they won't. A number of healthcare plans have already been dropped. A large number of businesses have said they will no longer provide insurance to their employees because it will be cheaper to pay the fine than to provide the insurance. So no, most Americans will not be able to keep their current insurance plans.

Those with incomes exceeding 250k will be subject to higher taxes. This will help pay for the ObamaCare. As you can imagine this does not make some people happy. Though it's important to note that those making less will not be losing money, rather they will be gaining the option of healthcare.

It's actually less than that. The tax credits only extend to those making less than $40k. If you make more than $40k a year, you will receive no assistance and if you make more than $90k a year you will  be subjected to taxes to pay for this bill.

The average American will save money under Obamacare. In fact many Americans are already paying less for health care services.

ObamaCare aims to make it easier for small businesses to provide coverage to workers by offering Tax Credits to employers who enroll their workers in private healthcare plans.

Those tax credits on businesses only come into play if your business makes less than $100k a year.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TB78
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:56 AM
Oh yes I saw that this summer and had to remind my mil about that when he announced it to those who graduated this year. I loved the political cartoon that came out after that showing Obama saying it and a man representing congress trying to tell Obama that he can't just do that lol

Well in a few months those that have graduated will be no longer illegal but have their citizenship and not only that Obama also told them that "we will also help pay for their college tuition" Gotta love Obama Right?! Lol

Quoting gsprofval:

Ya missed a big one in the post--all those illegals obama decided to let stay in the U.S. will get FREE obamacare--and those of us who work wil be paying millions and millions to pay for people who are ILLEGALLY here.  Hell, I can't afford any healthcare now and certainly won't be able to afford obamacare either.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raegansmom
by Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Because of obamacare, my DH's company is cutting their insurance plan to basically nothing. It is going to cost me over $5000 more in 2013 just to live. Thanks Obama!
Also, no one mentions that one way they are going to pay for Obamacare is by adding a 3.5% sales tax to home sales.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TB78
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:24 AM
*sarcastically* Oh yes we gotta love Obama! During the depression/recession he told the American people that if they can Not afford to buy anything that "we would have to tighten our purse strings and wallets", Yet he and Michelle are photographed traveling on "vacation", or Michelle is gone with their kids and lots of bodyguards that used taxpayer money to pay for their hotels and food, and the photo that showed Michelle wearing expensive sneakers! Remember those!

Oh yes and don't forget after we borrowed money from China and then we had the automotive crisis, I bet that when Obama bailed out GM he was using China's money so in fact China owns GM not the US!! Plus Obama sent some of that money to Japan after they had their typhoon/earthquake that damaged their power plant.

*even more sarcastically* Oh Yes let's reelect Obama because you know He fufilled All Of His Campaign Promises The First Time Around Right Right?! Lol

Lets see "Promise 1" Obama said he would get ALL of the troops out of Iraq & Afghanistan. Fact: The troops are still there otherwise the news would have lied when they reported about the troops being shot by Iraqi or Afghanistan people or when they reported about the American Soldier who killed men, women, and children in the night and has been court martialed and awaiting trial.

"Promise 2" Obama promised the LGBT that he would pass a bill stating that the gays & lesbians will have the exact same rights as heterosexual couples in every aspect. Fact: The States within the US passed bills and most were passed into law! Obama didn't help any. With regards of don't ask don't tell congress passed it then Obama signed it so yes he delivered on that but with help. Plus he waited until the start of the campaign year to announce that he is for the LGBT people when he had 3 years before to show his support.

"Promise 3" Obama promised to get the unemployment rate down and start jobs. Fact: He started out good by getting the roads fixed because I saw those road signs that states had to purchase and put up and I am sure that you have seen them as well they were green with some orange in them saying: Putting America Back To Work fixing the roads. They were up about 2 weeks and I didn't see anyone fixing the roads around my state of VT and my neighboring state of NH nor NY State.

"Promise 4" He promised get us onto more sustainable energy: solar energy. Fact: yes he gave Solara Company millions of dollars to get it up and running so we could get solar energy but somehow and we still don't know what happened but That solar company failed and we don't know what they did with that money that was given to them. They can't even find the employers or the employees of that company.

Yes Obama bailed out Wall Street by bailing out the bankers but he screwed up both him and Geitner because they just handed the banks the money without setting up ground rules on how to use it. All that they told them was to get rid of the waste and so the banks did my giving the money to their CEOs so they could use it for their own private use and "the waste" that they cut out was getting rid of some employees and by demanding the homeowners who have mortgages on their homes to pay up and when they couldn't afford it, the banks foreclosed on them. Plus the banks started raising their fees on the people who have their money in those banks. I know I used to be a member of Citizens Bank where they had no fees then they sent me a letter two years ago stating that if I had 10,000 in my account or made so many withdrawals and deposits then I would not have to pay a fee to keep my money in their bank. So i went into the bank and took all my money abd our son's money out of that bank and the bank manager was trying to tell me that they would NEVER charge our then 4 year old son's savings account. Well I guess they forgot that I got rid of his account as well because they sent me a letter in the mail about 2 months later stating that that next month, our son's account was going to be charged with fees if he doesn't have 5,000 in his savings account. I just laughed and threw the letter away because he and I were no longer at that bank now we have our money in a credit union and never looking back!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jesusismyfriend
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:26 AM
1 mom liked this
And it stole money from Medicare to he'll pay for it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN