Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In 2008 the US entered a Great Recession, while Bush was still president. Some moms on this list blame Obama for making it much worse. Some think that Obama has done the best that anyone could have to save the US from another Great Depression. Some moms, like me, feel that although other Democrats would have been better for the economy, Obama was better than any Republican, who likely would have pushed us into another Great Depression, & no one could have done a lot with the mess Bush left. Maybe Clinton could have done better, but no one was going to perform miracles in a mere 4 years.

So, I'm curious. For those of you that feel that McCain or a third party candidate would have done a better job saving the US from the Great Recession that Bush led the US into, what would they have done differently & better? What was their economic platforms to save the US in 2008 & beyond?

I honestly can't remember their economic platforms any longer. I'm pretty confident that most of the voting citizenry didn't trust them after the destruction of the US economy by Bush. & I'm pretty confident that 4 years later people were hoping for quicker solutions that any president could provide.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:25 PM
Replies (11-12):
OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:31 PM

I blame Congress and both the Democrats and the Republicans.  I blame our government as a whole... I believe they failed miserably at how they reacted to the recession, and also I think many of the policies that were in place certainly didn't help prevent it.

IMO, the Congressional elections are more important than the Presidential election.  I hope people are paying attention to those elections and candidates and not just to the Presidential eleciton.

Bookwormy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:41 PM
What was McCain's economic platform in 2008? What was the Liberatarian economic platform in 2008? What were their solutions for the recession of 2008? I can't remember! Did anyone in this group vote for McCain & still remembers how he wanted to handle the recession? Put another way, if you voted for McCain, what did he plan to do about the recession that you believe would have been better than what Obama has actually done?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured