Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Politics gone badly *edited to add amazing video...MUST SEE*

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:51 AM
  • 24 Replies

Just found this on my husband's fb page of all places! Best thing of my day!

This is for ALL of you.

At what point does divisive politics turn you into an asshole? Why have we allowed the media to create two such polar opposite entities with the political parties that we have forgotton our common values in this country? Wouldn't our country work better and faster if we started focusing on what unites us instead of what divides us?

I present a perfect example, but this happens from both sides:

Link

Bus Driver Tells 12 Year-Old He Should Have Been Aborted Because of Romney Yard Sign

A bus driver told a 12 year-old student that he should have been aborted because his family had a Romney-Ryan sign in their yard.
Freedom Eden reported:

Mark Belling discussed this story on his radio program yesterday. 

The offender, a 78-year-old woman, a New Berlin school bus driver, has been harassing a student on her bus route because there’s a Mitt Romney yard sign at his home.

The child attends a Catholic school in New Berlin. He rides a Durham school bus. The company also provides service to the New Berlin public school district.

Belling read a letter from the 12-year-old boy’s mother, detailing the alleged abusive behavior by the bus driver.

Apparently, the Romney-Ryan yard sign bugs the bus driver and she’s been harassing the boy, making rude comments to him related to politics.

When the driver engaged the 12-year-old boy in a political conservation, he responded by saying that Obama is pro-abortion.

The bus driver allegedly said to the child, “Maybe your mom should have chosen abortion for you.”

Understandably, this really upset the boy. Other kids on the bus verified the boy’s account and are providing written statements.

The mom made her son’s school aware of the situation. She also went to Durham School Service in New Berlin and spoke to Michael Bennett, the manager.

Sexy If its unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:03 AM
2 moms liked this

As far as I can tell, the most voracious have the goal of division. These folks are not interested in a United America. Some can not see beyond I, me, mine-living and operating within the community a very distant, if any, concern.

The poles (right and left) are filled with loons. 20% are now reg. INDEPENDENTS.

Pema_Jampa
by SxyTaco on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:17 AM

What point does it turn you into an asshole? Check the elections group you will find your answer.

I personally find if you cannot respectfully talk to someone who holds different beliefs from you then you are more than likely a biased asshole. Oh and on the article this is uncalled for. Since when do we make political comments to our children? They should be fired. 

Aislinn
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Precisely why I would never put a political sign on my lawn. Not that anyone would see it, but.. We thought old Dubya was the biggest divider this country had ever seen. Oh, were we wrong. So, very, very wrong. 

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Yep its the extremists on both sides that drive people away!

Quoting Sisteract:

As far as I can tell, the most voracious have the goal of division. These folks are not interested in a United America. Some can not see beyond I, me, mine-living and operating within the community a very distant, if any, concern.

The poles (right and left) are filled with loons. 20% are now reg. INDEPENDENTS.

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:41 AM

My ass still stings from the LAST presidential election...I've avoided those groups like the plague! :)

I agree, children are not responsible for the political sides of the parents, for an adult to speak to a child this way is horrible!

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

What point does it turn you into an asshole? Check the elections group you will find your answer.

I personally find if you cannot respectfully talk to someone who holds different beliefs from you then you are more than likely a biased asshole. Oh and on the article this is uncalled for. Since when do we make political comments to our children? They should be fired. 

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Isn't THAT the truth!

Quoting Aislinn:

Precisely why I would never put a political sign on my lawn. Not that anyone would see it, but.. We thought old Dubya was the biggest divider this country had ever seen. Oh, were we wrong. So, very, very wrong. 

krysstizzle
by DeepThought on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:46 AM
5 moms liked this

Zealotry in any form makes me sick, and I see it as a sign of intense ignorance.

Particularly in politics; the whole "all democrats/republicans are amazing/evil", or "this politician is absolutely amazing and not stupid like that one" is the stupidest shit I have ever heard in my life. Politicians are politicians are politicians, and money is money is money. Washington, D.C. is a circus of big money, big power, and puppets. 

katy_kay08
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Why put the blame on the media, aren't we all responsible for our own choices be it good or bad?  

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Amen.

It's a game....the goal is to keep the $ circulating amongst those who are in the inside and those who supplied the $ to put them there. That is our political system. The rest of us are pawns.

Quoting krysstizzle:

Zealotry in any form makes me sick, and I see it as a sign of intense ignorance.

Particularly in politics; the whole "all democrats/republicans are amazing/evil", or "this politician is absolutely amazing and not stupid like that one" is the stupidest shit I have ever heard in my life. Politicians are politicians are politicians, and money is money is money. Washington, D.C. is a circus of big money, big power, and puppets. 

Separation of church and state is for the protection of BOTH church and state.
Leading with hate and intolerance only leads to MORE hate and intolerance.
GLWerth
by Gina on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:56 AM

What that bus driver said was unacceptable. And yes, zealotry.

It's on both sides. Yesterday, when taking my little guy to preschool, I saw a mom who I know doesn't work full time. I need help with at PTO project on Friday mornings, so I went to talk to her about it.

Her son, who is in 5th grade with my middle boy, was standing with her as a car with an Obama sticker came up. He pointed to it and looked up at his mom and said "I wish someone would just kill him, then Romney could be president now!"

I kind of expected mom to tell the kid that what he said was inappropriate and that succession in government doesn't work that way.

Nope, she just said, "Well, everyone wishes he was dead, but that probably won't happen."

I walked away. I'd rather do the project myself than work with someone like that.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)