Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Politics gone badly *edited to add amazing video...MUST SEE*

Posted by   + Show Post

Just found this on my husband's fb page of all places! Best thing of my day!

This is for ALL of you.

At what point does divisive politics turn you into an asshole? Why have we allowed the media to create two such polar opposite entities with the political parties that we have forgotton our common values in this country? Wouldn't our country work better and faster if we started focusing on what unites us instead of what divides us?

I present a perfect example, but this happens from both sides:

Link

Bus Driver Tells 12 Year-Old He Should Have Been Aborted Because of Romney Yard Sign

A bus driver told a 12 year-old student that he should have been aborted because his family had a Romney-Ryan sign in their yard.
Freedom Eden reported:

Mark Belling discussed this story on his radio program yesterday. 

The offender, a 78-year-old woman, a New Berlin school bus driver, has been harassing a student on her bus route because there’s a Mitt Romney yard sign at his home.

The child attends a Catholic school in New Berlin. He rides a Durham school bus. The company also provides service to the New Berlin public school district.

Belling read a letter from the 12-year-old boy’s mother, detailing the alleged abusive behavior by the bus driver.

Apparently, the Romney-Ryan yard sign bugs the bus driver and she’s been harassing the boy, making rude comments to him related to politics.

When the driver engaged the 12-year-old boy in a political conservation, he responded by saying that Obama is pro-abortion.

The bus driver allegedly said to the child, “Maybe your mom should have chosen abortion for you.”

Understandably, this really upset the boy. Other kids on the bus verified the boy’s account and are providing written statements.

The mom made her son’s school aware of the situation. She also went to Durham School Service in New Berlin and spoke to Michael Bennett, the manager.

Sexy If its unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Replies (21-24):
Woodbabe
by Woodie on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:32 PM
Zomg I can't rebut THAT! Snicker snort...

Quoting lga1965:

Sure but you can't blame TV and all media for the stupidity of so many people. Stupid is inherited...LOL.

Quoting Woodbabe:

The internet and email IS a form of media! In today's society, unless you're Amish you're exposed to SOME form of media on almost a daily basis. Advertisements on a bus, billboards, etc... 

Quoting lga1965:

How many moms here say they don't watch TV? Too many. They get their political bias from mass e-mails and biased friends. Why does everyone blame the Media? That's lazy thinking.

media

me·di·a
usually used with a plural verb the means ofcommunication, as radio and television, 
newspapers, andmagazines, that reach or influence people widely

SOMEONE is watching tv:
Television Statistics
According to the A.C. Nielsen Co., the average American watches more than 4 hours of TV each day (or 28 hours/week, or 2 months of nonstop TV-watching per year). In a 65-year life, that person will have spent 9 years glued to the tube.

I. FAMILY LIFE
Percentage of households that possess at least one television: 99
Number of TV sets in the average U.S. household: 2.24
Percentage of U.S. homes with three or more TV sets: 66
Number of hours per day that TV is on in an average U.S. home: 6 hours, 47 minutes
Percentage of Americans that regularly watch television while eating dinner: 66
Number of hours of TV watched annually by Americans: 250 billion
Value of that time assuming an average wage of S5/hour: S1.25 trillion
Percentage of Americans who pay for cable TV: 56
Number of videos rented daily in the U.S.: 6 million
Number of public library items checked out daily: 3 million
Percentage of Americans who say they watch too much TV: 49

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/14616700500057205#preview
$547 MILLION was spent on tv presidential elections ads during the last election...they must be reaching SOMEONE.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Woodbabe
by Woodie on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:34 PM
I think the media caters specifically to those people, honestly!

Quoting katy_kay08:

I blame the individuals because they are ultimately in control of where they get their news.  I think part of the bigger problem is no one is willing to take responsibility for their opinions and/or choices and blaming the media is just one symptom of it.  If people were willing to think beyond themselves they may be less hateful and divisive.  

Quoting Woodbabe:

I blame the media because its where about 95% of Americans get their information and opinions...it just depends on which channel they're watching!

Quoting katy_kay08:

Why put the blame on the media, aren't we all responsible for our own choices be it good or bad?  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katy_kay08
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:07 PM

I'm sure they do cater to the lowest common denominator, but one could argue that is a result of our (general) behavior and demands.  Just like reality television, if there wasn't an audience for crap television they would work harder.  IMO, the answer is to raise our own standards and stop blaming the media for giving us the crap we over consume.   

Quoting Woodbabe:

I think the media caters specifically to those people, honestly!

Quoting katy_kay08:

I blame the individuals because they are ultimately in control of where they get their news.  I think part of the bigger problem is no one is willing to take responsibility for their opinions and/or choices and blaming the media is just one symptom of it.  If people were willing to think beyond themselves they may be less hateful and divisive.  

Quoting Woodbabe:

I blame the media because its where about 95% of Americans get their information and opinions...it just depends on which channel they're watching!

Quoting katy_kay08:

Why put the blame on the media, aren't we all responsible for our own choices be it good or bad?  

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:14 PM

I can't place the entire blame on the media. They are doing their job, so to speak, even if it is indeed slanted, at best, most of the time.

We are our own individuals and we all decide where to get our information, how to act and how to react.

Thankfully, in my life off the internet, there is nothing like what I see here and what I read about else where, in regards to how people are acting and the political climate that invokes it.  

That bus driver should be unemployed and left on the curb for a month.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN