Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A quiet election

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:59 AM
  • 2 Replies
Maybe it is just me; but, this election season seems to be a downer. I have visited 11 states in the past three months and the number of bumper stickers and yard signs seem to be a lot fewer than '08 (even '10) election. If I visit a store, restaurant, or such, no one seems to be talking about the election. It just not the presidential campaigns; but, local ones too, I visited Salt Lake City, West Valley City, and other places (Utah 4th) involving the election of Matheson and Love and I have not seen many signs nor talk about that election that has a lot of interest with people that follows this stuff.

I keep hearing how important this election is; yet, it seems people aren't really caring about this election and I don't know why? I have some theories but I know a few rebuttals to my theories. Maybe you ladies can offer some of your own
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
TTC1990
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:01 AM
I live in Georgia and IV yet to see any Obama yard things IV seen a few bumper stickers but IV seen tons of Romney yard things and bumper stickers. I hope Romney wins, the US is going to shit if Obama is here for another four years, we are screwed if he's reelected

Quoting Donna6503:

Maybe it is just me; but, this election season seems to be a downer. I have visited 11 states in the past three months and the number of bumper stickers and yard signs seem to be a lot fewer than '08 (even '10) election. If I visit a store, restaurant, or such, no one seems to be talking about the election. It just not the presidential campaigns; but, local ones too, I visited Salt Lake City, West Valley City, and other places (Utah 4th) involving the election of Matheson and Love and I have not seen many signs nor talk about that election that has a lot of interest with people that follows this stuff.

I keep hearing how important this election is; yet, it seems people aren't really caring about this election and I don't know why? I have some theories but I know a few rebuttals to my theories. Maybe you ladies can offer some of your own
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Donna6503
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:10 AM
There is going to be a recession in '13 and '14. I don't know how big nor how bad. But, politically I don't see the party that survives the presidential election isn't going to get clobbered in '14. I see major political gridlock ahead of us the next few years and that gridlock is going to hurt the whole world.

Quoting TTC1990:

I live in Georgia and IV yet to see any Obama yard things IV seen a few bumper stickers but IV seen tons of Romney yard things and bumper stickers. I hope Romney wins, the US is going to shit if Obama is here for another four years, we are screwed if he's reelected

Quoting Donna6503:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured