Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

How often do you pull out your stove?

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:15 AM
  • 47 Replies

I do mine every  2 mos or so and thats not enough lol.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
danijean
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:16 AM
Honestly it's been over a year. Should do it soon, the problem is I am petrified of messing up the gas line.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Well, mine is less than 1 year old, but I do not plan on moving it- it's huge and set on  pedestal legs over hardwood...juice is not worth the squeeze. I do clean the stove and oven often.

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:24 AM
It's gas and I'm terrified of it.

The maintenance guy checks it once every 6 months and that is good enough for me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
survivorinohio
by René on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Quoting Sisteract:

Well, mine is less than 1 year old, but I do not plan on moving it- it's huge and set on  pedestal legs over hardwood...juice is not worth the squeeze. I do clean the stove and oven often.

I loved the pedestal stoves I have had in the past.  I had a Grand that had the burners raised in a row  higher across the back and work trays that pulled out across the front.  Very difficult for a child to be burnt.  Aside from that it was seafoam green and ivory porcelain.  *sigh*  My  kitchen is not conducive to such large stoves and I freecycled my last pedestal stove about a yr and a half ago  

I bet I would love your stove.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:28 AM

I don't have a stove, I have a gas range and grill built into my counter and a double oven on the side built into the wall.

survivorinohio
by René on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:29 AM

<------------ is feeling like a sloppy cook now lol.

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:30 AM

My gas stove is built into my counter so I couldn't move it.

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:31 AM

I don't, I pull the drawer out to vacuum underneath.

Radarma
by "OneDar" on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:31 AM
7 moms liked this

Oh that is a brave endeavor right there!!

Never unless for repairs. Same with fridge; whatever lives back there can stay.

thecoffeefairy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Mines a built in
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN