Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

If you're pro-life, how do you feel about Ryan's exceptions for abortions?

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:31 PM
  • 84 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you believe there should be exceptions for abortions in cases of rape or incest?

Options:

Yes

No

I'm not Pro-life.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 72

View Results

If you're pro-life & believe that life starts at conception (which Ryan says that he does) then how does rape or incest change the value of that life?

So, if you're pro-life and you believe that life starts at conception.. do you agree with Ryan's exceptions?

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:42 PM
3 moms liked this

I am not pro life, or not as some define pro life.

I have no right to tell another woman what decisions to make or what to do with her body. I do not have to agree or like her choices but they are indeed her own to make.

Now, let me say this, knowing I haven't the right to tell another what to do does not make me an abortion lover or any thing of the sort.  For those who may think otherwise.

Kaya529
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:47 PM
I am personally pro life and I would keep the baby no matter the reason.

Politically I don't believe in exceptions because there should not be a law against abortion to have any exemptions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sherry132
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:50 PM
4 moms liked this

I agree with Ryan. I'm prolife, and the loss of life, for any reason sadden's me, but that doesn't mean I condone a ten year old giving birth or a mother of three dying in attempt to birth a child. 

And no matter what, what I do with my uterus is not any of this country's business. 

SandyLaxner
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I was surprised to hear him say that.  I believe no abortion ever.  Put the baby up fror adoption.  And how often and in what circumstances would an abortion be necessary to"save the woman's life"?

mommychelle01
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Notice I didn't include instances where it risks the mother's life.

I'm talking strictly about rape and incest. If you are pro-life, then how does rape or incest change the value of that baby's life and make it acceptable to have abortion?

Quoting sherry132:

I agree with Ryan. I'm prolife, and the loss of life, for any reason sadden's me, but that doesn't mean I condone a ten year old giving birth or a mother of three dying in attempt to birth a child. 

And no matter what, what I do with my uterus is not any of this country's business. 

mommychelle01
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Yeah, I understand that not everyone is pro-life or believes that life starts at conception.

This post is just strictly for those that do. To be pro-life, IMO, means you believe life starts at conception and by ending that life, it's like committing murder. If that is the case, then how does rape or incest change that?

The question isn't directed at you, since you're clearly not pro-life. I just am trying to make it clear what I'm trying to find out from those that are pro-life and support Ryan's stance on this.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

I have no right to tell another woman what decisions to make or what to do with her body. I do not have to agree or like her choices but they are indeed her own to make.

Now, let me say this, knowing I haven't the right to tell another what to do does not make me an abortion lover or any thing of the sort.  For those who may think otherwise.

norwgnwood
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this
*Facepalm*

Quoting SandyLaxner:

I was surprised to hear him say that.  I believe no abortion ever.  Put the baby up fror adoption.  And how often and in what circumstances would an abortion be necessary to"save the woman's life"?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pittawadda
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:21 PM
So are you about each woman having her own choice? Because I personally would not have one but I don't agree with making that choice for others and it seems we feel the same but I consider myself pro choice.
Honest question

Quoting sherry132:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SandyLaxner
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mommychelle01:

Yeah, I understand that not everyone is pro-life or believes that life starts at conception.

This post is just strictly for those that do. To be pro-life, IMO, means you believe life starts at conception and by ending that life, it's like committing murder. If that is the case, then how does rape or incest change that?

The question isn't directed at you, since you're clearly not pro-life. I just am trying to make it clear what I'm trying to find out from those that are pro-life and support Ryan's stance on this.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

I'm pro-life and I see no difference-does not matter how the child was conceived-the child remains innocent in the matter.

ashellbell
by shellbark on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:23 PM
3 moms liked this
Eptopic pregnancies, mothers who need treatment to save their own life but it would kill a fetus, congenative heart failure..there's quite a few.

Quoting SandyLaxner:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)