Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

(Edited) I've always felt that Biden was a bad choice

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:58 PM
  • 149 Replies
1 mom liked this
I still will vote for Obama; but my gosh; I hate to admit it, Ryan just spanked Biden in this debate.

Not just by the issues; but by the fact, that Ryan looked far more presidential than Biden.

(Update) Looking back, I am more sure of myself now, then I was when I first wrote this post; which was right after the debate was over. Here is my feelings and reasoning.

I felt the three strongest points made by Biden were:

Afghanistan; Biden's point of 46 allied nations agree to this strategy and Afghanistan needs to take care of itself, versus, Ryan's "we should leave when we want to and not tell anybody." was clearly a Biden victory

Syria, Ryan's "We'll be tougher than the current administration; but, I don't know how we'll be tougher." I felt was Ryan weakest point of the night.

Tax cuts plan; When Biden brought out that he was there when Reagan tax plan had details in regards to tax expenditure. Had Ryan befuddle and it demonstrated Biden's experience.

Still, people aren't going to talk about this debate on those three points I just made above.

What going to be talked about is:

1) Biden's demeanor and his clear rudeness towards Ryan

2) Libya, Biden's lie regarding the administration didn't know about the State Dept requesting more security. That looks bad, and that is the one news worthy and will reflex badly on Biden

3) Iran hasn't develop a delivery system for nukes yet; was weak, none of the nations (not just Israel) is comfortable with that answer. Look to Saudi and Turkey start to develop their own nuclear program soon, if that is truly the Obama's admin position.

Those last three points; I feel are going to be the decussion of this debate and it going to reflex badly on Biden.

If you remember in '08 the concession speech by McCain; McCain gave a shout out to Biden. Biden is the old class politicians fight real hard for your position; but, be best friends after a session ends. Biden's best friend was Jesse Helms for years. (he was like Tip O'Neill) his likeabilty just didn't come across ... That I felt was how he lost this debate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:05 PM
4 moms liked this

Looked more presidential?

What do you mean?

I have no problem saying I have always been a bit leery of Biden, but tonight........I did not see Ryan be clear and concise on all of the issues.

When directly asked for specifics, he offered none.  I heard what he said, he repeated himself, he did that often tonight.  He said nothing to convince me that they actually have a plan in place at this time.

ashellbell
by shellbark on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:06 PM
9 moms liked this
I don't think we watched the same debate...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Moniker
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:06 PM
3 moms liked this

Is this a joke? 

_Kissy_
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:07 PM
9 moms liked this

Did we watch the same debate. Ryan did not hold his own at all, and lacked specifics and brains.

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this

If the Rs had a solid, mathematically viable economic plan which Ryan could communicate, he would have won. He is an excellent communicator. I like how he says things, but he still offered nothing of substance.

Also, Ryan is part of this admin. He is part of Congress. He has signed on the bottomline and contributed to many of the decisions that she complains about-

Separation of church and state is for the protection of BOTH church and state.
Leading with hate and intolerance only leads to MORE hate and intolerance.
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I really, really, REALLY had an open mind to Ryan.  

I was highly disappointed.

ReginaStar
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:09 PM
3 moms liked this

LOL I'm ready to vote in Biden for president. 

ms-superwoman
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:13 PM
6 moms liked this

You have got to be kidding? Ryan didn't offer up anything. No math, not specifics. When asked directly for specifics he couldn't give anything and just deflected!

How exactly does someone look presidential? 

Quoting Donna6503:

Ryan just spanked Biden in this debate.
Ryan looked for more presidential than Biden.

lorelei27
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:15 PM
5 moms liked this

He certainly looked more mentally stable if nothing else....

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:16 PM
6 moms liked this

Ryan stated himself quite well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured