Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Although I do think the VP debate was very close to a draw, much of that is Biden's demeanor, which IMO really damaged his credibility.  The GOP wasted no time highlighting it:

Now of course Biden was doing his "that's malarky stuff" laugh as a way to laugh off Ryan, but I found it grating and unbecoming after the first time.  The thought that comes to me is, "This is a seasoned, mature politician with much more years under his belt, this is the Vice President.  Is this really how he presents himself after all that?"  While Ryan was articulate, he lacked gravitas and a bold manner, yet that is something he can grow into as a VP. 

If Biden had reflected the respect due to his office, he would have won, IMO.  Yet his manner, something we have little to no reason to expect him to change, was found wanting.

The most pressing social issue today is the economy

Visit Mitt Romney for President, CafeMom Group

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:57 AM
Replies (61-70):
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Erase the "acts" and focus on the words. Only 1 of the 4 answered questions and  most often spoke the truth.. The Rs and BO struck out- MR and PR swinging- and BO took 3 fast balls down the middle and was wrung up looking.

That's what I saw-

Meadowchik
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Romney worked with both parties in MA because the people wanted healthcare reform. 

Romney saved failing companies, made many stronger, and earned the rewards that came with doing that.  Not all companies succeeded, but they did at much better rates than typical businesses.  From that, he saw how government interacts with business, and he understands what businesses need to grow.  He also knows that it is real productivity that grows an economy, and that what his plan promotes: open up energy to manufacturing, education, trade, tax reform.

What is Obama's plan to make the next four years different than these last four?  What's his plan to withdraw from the 40 billion to banks every month to prop up the markets?  What's his plan to make our debt and deficit manageable?  How on earth can he guarantee that we will have enough to fund healthcare needs without sacrificing quality of care? That plan, btw, does not add up. 

I'd like to see Obama answer these questions.

Quoting Sisteract:

How does targeting companies, engaging, firing employees, extracting  assets for self and a few others translate to experience that will help America?

He worked with both parties in MA because he become one of the liberal, Dem majority (chameleon at work).

Did you watch the Frontline Choice 2012 documentary? Telling and informative.

Romney has been labeled as politically unprincipled. IMO, his behaviors reinforce that assessment.

The most pressing social issue today is the economy

Visit Mitt Romney for President, CafeMom Group

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Where's his viable economic plan.

We've lived BOs.

Where's MRs?

Quoting Meadowchik:

Romney worked with both parties in MA because the people wanted healthcare reform. 

Romney saved failing companies, made many stronger, and earned the rewards that came with doing that.  Not all companies succeeded, but they did at much better rates than typical businesses.  From that, he saw how government interacts with business, and he understands what businesses need to grow.  He also knows that it is real productivity that grows an economy, and that what his plan promotes: open up energy to manufacturing, education, trade, tax reform.

What is Obama's plan to make the next four years different than these last four?  What's his plan to withdraw from the 40 billion to banks every month to prop up the markets?  What's his plan to make our debt and deficit manageable?  How on earth can he guarantee that we will have enough to fund healthcare needs without sacrificing quality of care? That plan, btw, does not add up. 

Quoting Sisteract:

How does targeting companies, engaging, firing employees, extracting  assets for self and a few others translate to experience that will help America?

He worked with both parties in MA because he become one of the liberal, Dem majority (chameleon at work).

Romney has been labeled as politically unprincipled. IMO, his behaviors reinforce that assessment.

Separation of church and state is for the protection of BOTH church and state.
Leading with hate and intolerance only leads to MORE hate and intolerance.
motha2daDuchess
by Bruja on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:35 PM
2 moms liked this

Now see, the dems in typical usual dem fashion were willing to work with Romney in Mass for the healthplan.....the repubs in congress are not willing to work with President Obama, so that is not a good comparison

Quoting Meadowchik:

Quoting Sisteract:

gcecelie
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:38 PM
2 moms liked this

I was laughing with him, not at him.

lga1965
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I guess it was okay with them because Romney is a "Republican ".

Quoting brookiecookie87:

My comment was directed at the people  that took issue with Biden's "aggressive" or "unprofessional" behavior but thought the aggressiveness/unprofessional behavior was completely okay when Mitt Romney used it.

Quoting Meadowchik:

I didn't fault Biden for being assertive.  In fact, I faulted Ryan for not being assertive enough.  It was the constant, laughing scoffs of Biden's which made him completely different from Romney. 

Quoting brookiecookie87:

The same way it is extremely telling that when Mitt Romney got the last word in every time. When he lied nearly the whole debate. Flipped Flopped on the parts he wasn't lying on. And Conservative/Republicans declare him the winner for being Aggressive.

Biden shows a little of the same aggression and suddenly it is a bad behavior and he shouldn't have done it.

Extremely telling.

Quoting candlegal:

You know it is kind of telling that so many on the left used to talk about how they hated the smirk on President Bush's face, but seem to find it okay on Obama and Biden.  Bush barely had a smirk and Obama almost always has one.

Quoting Carpy:

I think his smirking and smiling at inappropiate times was unbecoming and appears to have done more harm than good.  Of course the Obama devotees loved it, but the undecideds apparently, mostly did not.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:22 PM

I think if it was just an item on his bucket list, Obama would have walked after one term. Behaviors and decisions made are interesting. Some walk away after putting the notch in their post, red line bucket list items...others stick with it because they feel compelled or feel their work is not done. 

Guessing about behaviors can be a fun game.

Quoting candlegal:

I just finished watching the VP debate and I personally think it was a draw.  As far as the Presidential debate, everyone seemed to say Obama should have stayed home and Romney was the definite winner.  I don't think Obama wants the job anymore.  He already has all the lifetime entitlements coming to him for being President for 4 years and the job was and is way too hard for him as well as above his pay grade

Quoting brookiecookie87:

The same way it is extremely telling that when Mitt Romney got the last word in every time. When he lied nearly the whole debate. Flipped Flopped on the parts he wasn't lying on. And Conservative/Republicans declare him the winner for being Aggressive.

Biden shows a little of the same aggression and suddenly it is a bad behavior and he shouldn't have done it.

Extremely telling.

Quoting candlegal:

You know it is kind of telling that so many on the left used to talk about how they hated the smirk on President Bush's face, but seem to find it okay on Obama and Biden.  Bush barely had a smirk and Obama almost always has one.

Quoting Carpy:

I think his smirking and smiling at inappropiate times was unbecoming and appears to have done more harm than good.  Of course the Obama devotees loved it, but the undecideds apparently, mostly did not.

Separation of church and state is for the protection of BOTH church and state.
Leading with hate and intolerance only leads to MORE hate and intolerance.
motha2daDuchess
by Bruja on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:30 PM
2 moms liked this

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:42 PM
2 moms liked this

I think Biden was open and honest about how he feels about Ryan's opinions - he thinks he is a laughable smuck.

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Sisteract:

I go by what they said.

Ryan did not answer the questions asked.

His stated economic plan was found to be mathematically impossible by factchecker. HOW CAN PEOPLE DISCOUNT THIS?

Parse the act from the words/message.

Of the 4 who have debated so far, Biden is the only one who has presented facts, incorporated actual applicable experience and knowledge. Was he rude while calling out the miscues, fabrications and contributions? Yes. Were his statements and assertions wrong? No.

Agreed. Biden was a bit obnoxious but I didn't see Ryan give one straight answer, just dancing around the questions posed.

I'll say it again, Biden was dead on with his 47% comments.

Church of The Invisible Pink Unicorn (blessed be her holy hooves)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN