Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Home Gas explosion in Colorado. House is GONE.. Edit. Video

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:04 AM
  • 14 Replies
I can't believe a house would implode like that, it's crazy. This is where we moved from and right next to a girlfriend of mine back home! Luckily no one is seriously injured.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/294043/71/Natural-gas-explosion-in-Castle-Rock-injures-5

Video in link.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/police-home-explodes-in-castel-rock
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CjEmmemommy
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:05 AM
Make it clicky for me please
meriana
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:35 AM

How scary. Fortunate the neighbors homes didnt' go up in flames. Something like that happened awhile back someplace where a mom and her dd in the home were killed. I think in that case it was something to do with the gas lines being old and had corrupted some how. Makes me glad we don't have gas heat, etc.

Mommy2BeAmy
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:35 PM
I'm in rockland county ny one happened 3 mins from me. We heard a loud boom we thought Indian point nuclear power plant blew it was that loud. Everything shook. Every news channel was surrounding the scene the home was gone. The owners called for gas smell. They left for work, kids to school and the gas company came. The IDIOT rang the door bell and it blew up in his face and he walked away with a few scratches and bruises.
CjEmmemommy
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:12 PM
Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

I'm in rockland county ny one happened 3 mins from me. We heard a loud boom we thought Indian point nuclear power plant blew it was that loud. Everything shook. Every news channel was surrounding the scene the home was gone. The owners called for gas smell. They left for work, kids to school and the gas company came. The IDIOT rang the door bell and it blew up in his face and he walked away with a few scratches and bruises.

Wow, you would think he would know better than anyone:( my friend posted she heard a huge crash and the house shook, she went outside to see if something hit her house and all the neighbors were out looking.. The house was a street over,,
Charlene4
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Wow

futureshock
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:17 PM
scary
PinkButterfly66
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:45 PM

In 1998, there was a house in the new South Riding subdivision of Loudoun County Virgina that exploded, killing the wife and injuring husband and 2 kids.  It was later found that the gas line and the electric line were laid down too close to one another and that's what caused the explosion.  The utility companies had to come out and relay all the electric and gas lines to all the other houses.  

http://ww2.fairfaxtimes.com/cms/archivestory.php?id=126562

CjEmmemommy
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:49 PM
Quoting PinkButterfly66:

In 1998, there was a house in the new South Riding subdivision of Loudoun County Virgina that exploded, killing the wife and injuring husband and 2 kids.  It was later found that the gas line and the electric line were laid down too close to one another and that's what caused the explosion.  The utility companies had to come out and relay all the electric and gas lines to all the other houses.  

http://ww2.fairfaxtimes.com/cms/archivestory.php?id=126562

How awful, what a happy time turned into that:(( this house never caught fire but it still could have easily killed them..
I just added a new link of a video, it's a lot of damage even to the neighbor houses, it's insane.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN