Jeeper Creepers, Where'd You Get that Peeper?!
If you believe the eyes are the window to the soul, somewhere out there in oceanville is one helluva big soul. A giant eyeball that washed ashore in Florida has got the marine world all a flutter trying to figure out where (or what?!) it came from. The giant blue eyeball was found by a beachcomber on Pompano Beach near Ft. Lauderdale. And I'm totally jealous because all I ever find on the beach is dried up seaweed and the occasional shell that I pretend I'm going to make into a necklace and then never do. Can you imagine running across this sucka?!! These photos will have your eyes popping out of your head too.
The eye was rushed to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Research Institute to try and figure out what kind of creature it came from. Most likely scenario: A giant squid, a whale, or some type of giant fish. No word on how the eyeball lost its owner, but somewhere there's a big ass fish swimming around with the world's largest eye patch. Har har.
But NBC News put the question to its readers and some of the comments were pretty eye opening. Some favorites:
- It's Old Blue Eye from Frank Sinatra.
- Here's lookin' at you, squid!
- Jeepers creepers, where'd you get that peeper?
- Phone home, E.T., now with voice recognition for the vision impaired.
- That's my third eye. Been looking everywhere for that thing.
- Has any one checked the New Jersey governor's eyes to make sure [one] did not fall off him?
- Somewhere a school of sea creatures are missing a pupil.
So what do you think it's from? And better yet, if you had this eye, what would you do it? A paperweight would be cool. I could also have fun bringing it to friends' homes, ringing their doorbell, and flashing it when they peer through the peep hole. Why eye oughtta!
What are your mystery eye ideas?