Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Hilarious: Kids' funny responses to election questions

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:48 PM
  • 7 Replies

http://www.parenting.com/video-kids-2012-election

Video: Kids on the 2012 Election

Parenting.com took to the mean streets of Brooklyn one recent afternoon to do some polling on the current election. Our mission: to find out exactly what is on the minds of our littlest citizens. They may not have the vote (yet!), but these kids have some serious opinions about the state of things. We at Parenting.com truly believe that the children are our future. And our future is, clearly, tiny Wonder Woman. Want to talk to your kids about the election? Click here for conversation starters!

Election 2012: Answering Kids' Questions

October 9, 2012
Parenting.com
© Andrew Rich/Getty Images

These days your kid's endless questions may well turn toward the election, what with all the TV ads and grown-ups arguing (er, debating). To bring the state of the union down to a level he'll get, we turned to Julian Wright, chairman of GenerationNation, a civics-education organization for kids.

Plus: How Parents are Voting in the 2012 Election

"Why do you vote?" "Because the person who wins gets to make important decisions for our family and everyone in the U.S. If someone else got to say what time you go to bed, or what you eat for snack, you would want to pick that person, right?"

"What does the President do?" "The President is in charge of our country, just like I'm in charge of our home."

"Why do all those TV commercials sound so mean?" "You know how sometimes you feel like knocking down someone else's tower? Grown-ups get excited about which person will be the best president, so sometimes they knock the other candidate down, but that's not the right thing to do."

"Who gets to vote?" "Everyone in the country once they turn 18!"

For more hilarious political quips from kids, watch our funny video on what kids think of the election, politics and who the president is!

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
annabl1970
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:55 PM

simple smileKids being kids LOL

annabl1970
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:57 PM

If we would listen to our kids, we'd discover that they are largely self-explanatory. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com

We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today. ~Stacia Tauscher

annabl1970
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Pausing to listen to an airplane in the sky, stooping to watch a ladybug on a plant, sitting on a rock to watch the waves crash over the quayside - children have their own agendas and timescales. As they find out more about their world and their place in it, they work hard not to let adults hurry them. We need to hear their voices. ~Cathy Nutbrown

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I guess the little kid worried about his snacks will be voting for Romney - most kids would prefer crap snacks to healthy given the chance. The parents propogating the complaints about the healthier school lunches crack me up. I'm like wtf don't you love your children enough to ensure they eat healthy food lol.

6Fish
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:10 PM

I didn't really find this particularly funny.  The little guy seems to have a really good grasp of what the whole thing is about ---from a kid's perspective.  Actually made me feel good that parents are making sure their children understand and are informed.

annabl1970
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Quoting mikiemom:

I guess the little kid worried about his snacks will be voting for Romney - most kids would prefer crap snacks to healthy given the chance. The parents propogating the complaints about the healthier school lunches crack me up. I'm like wtf don't you love your children enough to ensure they eat healthy food lol.

I think those parents are stupid and/or lazy.

If you don't like the healthy school lunch, pack your own. Stores are full of high-calorie high-sugar crap. Or gave your child money for slice of pizza...

There is so much to worry about when it comes to children health and development, parents should be grateful schools are helping them at least make the lunch choices are better. I used to plan  for a week what I will give DD for lunch, so she doesn't buy a pizza or chips.

Now, if I am in rush, I know there is a healthy menu in the cafeteria, I don't feel guilty to let my child buy it.

annabl1970
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Quoting 6Fish:

I didn't really find this particularly funny.  The little guy seems to have a really good grasp of what the whole thing is about ---from a kid's perspective.  Actually made me feel good that parents are making sure their children understand and are informed.

Yes. But it's still funny...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)