Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Is there ANY reason except Religion, why Gay marriage should be illegal?

Posted by   + Show Post

Aside from being "Icky"

Any reason? Any at all?

Omg! I'm on the homepage!!! LOL

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:32 PM
Replies (11-20):
Homeschoolmom99
by Barb on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:42 PM

I was agreeing with you saying you support it I am sorry for the mix up

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting Ktina11:

I didn't say "icky". ???

The OP said it was "icky". Not you.

Bookwormy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:44 PM
17 moms liked this
Religion isn't a reason in the US, with the freedom from establishment in its constitution, for same sex marriage to be illegal. There is no legal reason for DOMA being the law of the land or same-sex marriage being illegal except bigotry. Hence why same sex marriage is legal in the great American country of Canada.

& it isn't icky!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Ahh well then I'm sorry to burst your bubble, I thought the title along with the OP was sufficient but I guess not...

The only two reasons I've ever heard for keeping SSM illegal was either A religious reasons or B it's gross ie "Icky" Hence the quotation marks.

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

You Kitin I was agreeing with

Quoting paganbaby:

Was this directed at me or Ktina? lol

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

Icky? Can you tell me why its icky?

I am wondering what you think of interracial marriage! When I go in the hospital I want my WIFE to be the one to make decisions for me not need to call my sister who lives in Vegas! Or my 12 year old!

Quoting Ktina11:

Sorry...I support gay marriage.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

FrumpyMama
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:45 PM
13 moms liked this

See I'm religious and I support Gay Marriage. God made us, he knows our hearts, and I just won't believe that someone whose last wish for us was to "Love One Another", will just send us all to hell for how we were made. 

taina361
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:45 PM
4 moms liked this

i dont think their is no reason for it to be ilegal. People excuse is that its an abomination but yet this worls is full of kids without parents. Some people say marriege its suppost to be sacret between man and a women but truth is some straight couple dont know how to appreciate that.n

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:58 PM
6 moms liked this

No, it is religion based and thats why it must be legal.  We don't make laws based on religion in this country (supposedly.)

Pema_Jampa
Yesterday at 4:19 PM
Labrinth - Earthquake ft. Tinie Tempah

The album Electronic Earth is released on 2nd April. Click here to pre-order now! iTunes - http://smarturl.it/LabrinthEE (Standard) http://smarturl.it/Labrin...

by SxyTaco on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Icky? LOL

BlueRay
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:11 PM
NO
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
futureshock
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Quoting paganbaby:

Ahh well then I'm sorry to burst your bubble, I thought the title along with the OP was sufficient but I guess not...

The only two reasons I've ever heard for keeping SSM illegal was either A religious reasons or B it's gross ie "Icky" Hence the quotation marks.

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

You Kitin I was agreeing with

Quoting paganbaby:

Was this directed at me or Ktina? lol

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

Icky? Can you tell me why its icky?

I am wondering what you think of interracial marriage! When I go in the hospital I want my WIFE to be the one to make decisions for me not need to call my sister who lives in Vegas! Or my 12 year old!

Quoting Ktina11:

Sorry...I support gay marriage.

LMAO welcome to my world!!!  You would think so, wouldn't you?

P.S. I knew you didn't mean to say you thought gay marriage was icky, just that you were putting it out there as a reason you have heard in the past.

futureshock
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:20 PM
8 moms liked this

Here is a reason why gay marriage should not be legalized, but it is not my reason because I support gay marriage:

Marriage was started well before religion and governments.  The purpose has always been to legally bind biological parents to their children, providing the ideal environment for those children to be raised.  Gay people cannot produce biological children from their union.

I am for gay marriage for this reason:  Many gay couples have children and I think those children deserve an ideal environment in which to be raised.  Also, marriage is the only way for two previously unrelated people to become a family, and I think gay people deserve to have families.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)