MY FORM OF BIRTH CONTROL IS BEING DENIED!
Don't let the government fool you! Not all birth control methods are considered equal. This year since there is a "war on woman" the policy needs to change. My health insurance will not pay for my Natural Family Planning. They tell me because it is coded educational. When you take birth control, have an IUD or the patch, doesn't the doctor educate you on the product? Doing Natural Family Planning has the same result of birth control pills and it should be covered. My religious liberty comes into to play. I am being discriminated against! All forms of birth control should be covered or none at all! How many Natural Family Planning families are out there that have this same problem? Would love to hear from you.
Re-editing do to some comments. Natural Family Planning - the Creighton method this is how it works. It doesn't tell you when your period ends (how silly). It tells you when the best days are to conceived if you want a baby and the days not to have sex if you don't want a baby. You sit down with a nurse and they give you instructions on the method. By using this method, I found out that I had fertility problems. Which this methods help to diagnose. I have been diagnosed with ovarian dysfunction.
I simplified the method too much. This is complicated and can't be done on an app! The nurse teaches you how to identify your sensation after you wipe. the charting has about 10 different ways you can chart. They use soft - s for sensation, o- obersvation - ft - for finger test. You can have peak type mucus or non-peak type mucus. If you have mucus you are fertile. The charting is harder for people with abnormal cycles and for menapausal women. Sometimes you can't read your observations correctly. It is not as easy as some of you are trying to make it out to be.
People keep posting they haven't ever had to pay. You do, you just don't know about it. You have to have your employer buy a more expensive plan. I am quoting my insurance company. As far as insurance goes, yes depending on your insurance sometimes it is covered. Mine used to be. The basic first tier insurance that your company chooses to save money only covers pills, IUD, patches. If you want this kind of coverage, your company has to pay a higher premium and go to the next tier. This is what I am saying that is unfair. All forms of birth control should be on the basic first tier and covered.
I am speaking to politicans about this and tyring to see how many women are having this problem. In the St. Louis area there are 30% of women. The other 70% that are covered should not have to pay a higher premium for this either. I am doing this as research. The NFP office is trying to change the laws on this. The government assigns the Revenue billing code. That code is what is preventing my coverage. I have no control on that code and neither do the doctors.
This site I thought, was for other moms to help one another. Not bash them. I don't get the belittling. Just because I think something you wrote is dumb and you are misinformed I would never come out and say that.